Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

17 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I'm pretty sure the song was about Kabbalah actually. She said she was introduced to it by a friend in the early 90s. The friend shared the "secret" with her, and that's where she learned that "happiness lies in your own hand."

OCT 1994 - USA TODAY: Madonna’s “Secret” is a song about self-empowering spirituality inspired by Indian Hindu philosopher Mother Meera.

53 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I'm pretty sure the song was about Kabbalah actually. She said she was introduced to it by a friend in the early 90s. The friend shared the "secret" with her, and that's where she learned that "happiness lies in your own hand."

She was introduced to Kabbalah while she was pregnant with Lola. 

47 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She was introduced to Kabbalah while she was pregnant with Lola. 

No it was before that. That is when she went public about it. It was before Bedtime Stories.  I'll never find it now, but she said it in a print interview. She didn't join at the time. However, she was introduced to it around 3 years before she officially joined. 

8 hours ago, adirondak said:

No it was before that. That is when she went public about it. It was before Bedtime Stories.  I'll never find it now, but she said it in a print interview. She didn't join at the time. However, she was introduced to it around 3 years before she officially joined. 

Again, no. But go on with this fake news. 

34 years ago I made a commercial with Pepsi to celebrate the release of my song Like a Prayer.

The commercial was immediately canceled when I refused to change any scenes in the video where I was kissing a black saint or burning crosses.

So began my illustrious career as an artist refusing to compromise my artistic integrity.

Thank you @pepsi for finally realizing the genius of our collaboration. 😄

Artists are here to disturb the peace.

2 hours ago, PlasticLimbo said:

34 years ago I made a commercial with Pepsi to celebrate the release of my song Like a Prayer.

The commercial was immediately canceled when I refused to change any scenes in the video where I was kissing a black saint or burning crosses.

So began my illustrious career as an artist refusing to compromise my artistic integrity.

Thank you for coming on to the forum and sharing this with us, Madonna. We love you.

6 hours ago, PlasticLimbo said:

The American Life video from 13 years later is going "hmmm ..... really?" :thinker:

LOL

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2023/09/12/madonnas-controversial-ad-was-once-a-problem-for-pepsi-now-the-company-is-airing-it-once-again/?sh=7d03d9d5550f

To commemorate its one hundred and twenty fifth anniversary, Pepsi is resurrecting some of its most legendary advertisements. Many have been shared once again on YouTube, and some will grace the screens during this year's MTV Video Music Awards on September 12. Among the commercials set to make a comeback is Madonna's notorious 1989 "Like A Prayer" ad, which caused quite a stir at the time.

0x0.jpg