Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

She has to cancel the rest of the tour.  This is beyond ridiculous. Too many dates already cancelled and more to come if this keeps going.

She needs to focus on her health. It's really bad for her and really bad for people travelling to see her only for the dates to be cancelled last minute (when M and her team know she can keep up with this)

2 minutes ago, Indominus said:

She has to cancel the rest of the tour.  This is beyond ridiculous. Too many dates already cancelled and more to come if this keeps going.

She needs to focus on her health. It's really bad for her and really bad for people travelling to see her only for the dates to be cancelled last minute (when M and her team know she can keep up with this)

Yes, I agree (especially cancelling at the last minute) that it doesn't please those who had to travel. Other than that, those attending would get a refund on their ticket.  No loss.  Just disappointment.

Though, I have to wonder if Madonna is looking at it from another perspective. I've already mentioned this in prior posts, but I'm wondering if she just feels obligated to get through as many shows she can. I wonder if it's a lot to do with her crew and she doesn't want to cancel and keep them employed through the duration of the tour. Also, I wonder if she rather not disappoint all fans by canceling the rest of the tour versus a few shows here and there.  I agree if her body isn't able to handle it, maybe she needs to call it quits, but it's possible she's thinking of her crew as well. 

12 minutes ago, Angelo said:

She can’t cancel the tour 

there’s a contract and so many legal things behind 

Actually if her health is in jeopardy then I'm sure she is allowed to cancel. No one is going to expect her to go on if she's seriously in ill health, whatever the problem may be.

1 minute ago, TwistedRope said:

At least there’s an apology message this time. Sounds like she really is going to continue to do what dates she’s able to, which is commendable. 

D0456C93-AEF5-44B3-9504-6B877E8F8741.jpeg

See, this tells me that she feels obligated to go on. She's trying to make it work.  This is commendable in my book.  While I am sure I wouldn't be too happy that she cancelled my show at the last minute, it's nice to know she was planning to go on. 

3 minutes ago, Angelo said:

she really can’t. She is paying by herself the rest of the cancelled dates.

I don't agree!  She obviously has insurance.  I think this is more of  matter that she doesn't want to, rather "can't".  After all, what if she was gravely ill?  She would have to cancel.  And if the doctors show proof she's putting more harm to herself, she will be able to cancel. There are circumstances that will allow her to cancel.  It's not like she's known to be a high risk.  Up until this tour, she wasn't known for cancelling. 

3 minutes ago, jmrgby88 said:

And so it starts...the UK press isn't going to be as sympathetic as the rest of the world unfortunately. I hope she comes to her senses and just cancels the rest entirely. She clearly needs to rest up.

Personally, I think her fans will be far more brutal.  LOL! 

5 minutes ago, MarXus said:

See, this tells me that she feels obligated to go on. She's trying to make it work.  This is commendable in my book.  While I am sure I wouldn't be too happy that she cancelled my show at the last minute, it's nice to know she was planning to go on. 

She's hardly having a good time cancelling shows here and there. I understand the anger/disappointment many people have had throughtout the tour because of the #mess in the logistics of the whole thing. And they're right. But when it comes to Madonna, the artist who's been known for having a strong work ethic that's maintained her relevant and succesful for so many years, it seems fans just prefer to believe she's doing it in purpose. Cause she loves breaking our hearts:broken:  Like, you haven't learn anything about her in more than 30 years :bothered2:

Just now, jmrgby88 said:

Oh definitely! But add in an ageist and sexist media and it'll no doubt turn into something much worse.

Do you think Mick Jagger got this much shit thrown at him when he cancelled his shows for heart surgery?  Not at all.  I get Madonna fans are passionate, but you can't tell me the Rolling Stones fans aren't just as passionate and want to see them on tour.  The difference is; their fans are much more sensible and don't expect their favorites to go on the stage when they are in ill health.  And I'm sure Madonna isn't the first entertainer to cancel varied shows throughout their tour because of health issues. 

8 minutes ago, madgefan said:

She's hardly having a good time cancelling shows here and there. I understand the anger/disappointment many people have had throughtout the tour because of the #mess in the logistics of the whole thing. And they're right. But when it comes to Madonna, the artist who's been known for having a strong work ethic that's maintained her relevant and succesful for so many years, it seems fans just prefer to believe she's doing it in purpose. Cause she loves breaking our hearts:broken:  Like, you haven't learn anything about her in more than 30 years :bothered2:

That's the thing; it's like people throw out her good history of touring as if it means nothing.  Sure, she's had a few issues these last few tours, mostly regarding showing up late, but even then most fans acted like that wasn't a problem.  But now some are trying to bring that up to throw back at her.  And believe me, I was one fan who wasn't excusing her lateness, but I recall the heated discussion from most fans who acted like it wasn't a problem and told people "It's just one night.  Surely, you can stay up late one night", etc., etc.

So out of 5 shows I had tickets for the European leg of the tour this is show number 3 cancelled

i guess the notice period is getting bigger - 30 min before doors open 16th, 4 hours before doors open 22nd and now this 52.5 hours before doors open for the 27th

I have tickets for Wednesday 29th, Sunday 2nd, Thursday 6th & Saturday 15th

hopefully she makes one of the shows and she actually scales it back a bit, because the last show I saw on 22nd aside from cutting crave she actually danced and stomped up stairs stronger and harder than the 16th..

One of my best friends only show was Monday Front is stalls and he’d been looking forward to it since the day it went on sale last May - I know a lot of people have flown into LONDON this weekend specifically for this - and the timing of cancelling 1 hour into the official madonna fan party that Neil runs is shitty

I’m grateful to have seen  the show at all really as it was an amazing and very different show 

One think I noticed and commented to my other half at the time is that previous tours with the exception of Blonde Ambition (as of the few songs from dick Tracey both vogue and Hankey Panky had been massive single video releases ahead of Europe) The lead album for the tour is always the weakest music to engage the audience as most casual fans didn’t pick it up and in arena and stadiums this leads to lulls

Madame X because of the smaller venues and the increased ticket costs led to a very different broad audience I thought In Lisbon - it wasn’t a typical madonna crowd - but more importantly the audience ALL seemed to know ALL the songs from Madame X - everyone singing - cheering - never experienced that before in relation to the songs from the lead album - even reinvention (where you couldn’t hear madonna over the crowd singing the 1st 2 Earl’s Court shows) there were a couple of lulls from the casuals that didn’t pickup American life

i hope before she’s ends the tour she looks after her health and changes up the show a little more and that more of the patient European fans actually get a chance to experience it live and intimate as she intended

• Fighter unfeatured this topic