Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Just now, Roy said:

Oh god. IC edits are amazing. Top tier is LS, MG, CFY, PDP and LTT.

Noooooo, they ruin the amazing single versions and people think those are the original versions.

I think it’s fun as a remix album and God knows 12-yo me loved it when I got it for Christmas in 1990, but now I never listen to it.

It chops off the amazing endings of Papa, La Isla, Virgin, etc.

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

Is it wrong that I still prefer the IC Q-sound edit of Lucky Star? No offense to the true 7" edit we have now but the IC edit is stronger and is edited better. 

I hate all the IC edits. Too many songs shortened to fit in a 74 minutes CD. And I still hate the 3D effect of the Q-Sound. I barely play those versions.

12 minutes ago, Roy said:

I think of them as reimagined 7" edits that are edited better with that 3D sound. :D

That's not the problem. You can do thousands of edits if you keep the main structure. The endings on TIC are chopped, mutilated. They feel unnatural (of course, if you know the real 7'' versions or the album versions).

Again, the real problem was to fit 17 tracks in 74 minutes. The Immaculate Collection should have been a double CD, or at least 90 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

That's not the problem. You can do thousands of edits if you keep the main structure. The endings on TIC are chopped, mutilated. They feel unnatural (of course, if you know the real 7'' versions or the album versions).

Again, the real problem was to fit 17 tracks in 74 minutes.

And the few bloated tracks instead of the single version structure like Vogue and Like a Prayer.

They could have easily fit all 15 7” Versions, the two new songs and at least 1-2 more singles.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Thank You very much, but I was asking for the 7'' version, not the 12''. Don't worry. I found this version: 

28orcsh.jpg

If only this was used for the official cover, but I understand why it wasn't since it was so similar to the album cover!  I still love it so much more.  Thanks for posting. :luv:

11 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Again, the real problem was to fit 17 tracks in 74 minutes. The Immaculate Collection should have been a double CD, or at least 90 minutes.

Yeah but even some 7" edits like Lucky Star, Holiday and Everybody, are edited poorly. IC at least makes the edits sound cohesive... minus the early endings.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Thank You very much, but I was asking for the 7'' version, not the 12''. Don't worry. I found this version: 

28orcsh.jpg

This cover reminds me too much of the photo used on the album cover (same shoot), but I like it.

I prefer the Japanese cover art, but then it’s the same as the Borderline 12” in the U.S.

IMG_1040.jpeg.9e1587059aae7fd9905e5dc877d829c6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

Yeah but even some 7" edits like Lucky Star, Holiday and Everybody, are edited poorly. IC at least makes the edits sound cohesive... minus the early endings.

What do you mean by ‘Edited Poorly’? They are perfectly edited. I don’t understand you. However, on some tracks of IC, you can notice the rushed edits (I don’t blame Shep Pettibone, he had very little time to do the edits).

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

What do you mean by ‘Edited Poorly’? They are perfectly edited. I don’t understand you. However, on some tracks of IC, you can notice the rushed edits (I don’t blame Shep Pettibone, he had very little time to do the edits).

Holiday has that sloppy edit during the instrumental break towards "Holiday... celebrate..."

Lucky Star has that breakdown cutting directly to "You may be my lucky star" because it cuts the echo from her singing "'cuz I know you're gonna make everything alright"

Everybody has that edit after the 3rd repetition of the chorus towards the instrumental break that cuts that pulsating synth.

Then again, it is how they are edited back then so I shouldn't be too critical of them.

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

Holiday has that sloppy edit during the instrumental break towards "Holiday... celebrate..."

Lucky Star has that breakdown cutting directly to "You may be my lucky star" because it cuts the echo from her singing "'cuz I know you're gonna make everything alright"

Everybody has that edit after the 3rd repetition of the chorus towards the instrumental break that cuts that pulsating synth.

Then again, it is how they are edited back then so I shouldn't be too critical of them.

Are you referring to the edits on the celebration album or the original single releases?

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

Please, can you point the time of those? Because I've never heard that. Looks like you are talking about Celebration edits or not original 7'' versions. 

PS: Take your time @Roy It's 5:50 in Spain and I'm going to sleep now. Good Night.

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

Yes, although remastered.

The US Remix is also a new remaster. It's not identical to the one from the 2001 Re-Issue. In fact, the can't be synched up at all, so they must have tweaked the tempo one of the versions.

I would say the 2023 Version is by far the better one. There's more dynamic range and the 7" Edit perfectly synchs up with the digital reconstruction which I meticulously modeled after the Vinyl Rip:

IS THIS 7 EDIT MADE FROM VINYL SOURCE RIP? OR DIGITAL? I HAVE ONLY ONE I DID FROM MY JAPANESE BOX SET

3 hours ago, Roy said:

3 hours ago, Roy said:

You are right about that. It's because they literally cutting tapes to make the 7" mixes.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW