Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Indeed. I have PTSD because of this damn song. I don’t know how many times the versions had to be discussed on this forum ever since I joined. 😂😂

Some people can't help to play the "who is right and who is wrong game". I don't fuckin' care.  At the end of the day, there are different mixes and versions of so many of her songs.  It's the same for most artists. I enjoy them all. All I care is if they are represented correctly on the actual format they were on.  The U.S. Remix of Lucky Star is not what was on the original version of IC.  Whatever the reason for the switch out for this song and Borderline, it's ridiculous.  

3 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I’ve watched it and listened a million times. It’s certainly not a remix.

Theres cowbell mixes and non-cowbell mixes.

Album Version/Edit and Remixes. End of.

A remix means that: to add or delete elements from the album version. If the album version has for example a cowbell and the edit not, then it's a remix. A basic one, but a remix. 

21 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

The version used in the video is not a remix. It’s just an edit of the Album Version.

The Jellybean Remix and Jellybean Remix Edit has all the extra cowbell.

No it's not edit of Album Version

you can clearly hear the difference on Synth instrument on part " just Try to understand .."
the album version is plain, while on the video is clearly bold and more dynamic . CMIIW  

1 minute ago, arigituloh said:

No it's not edit of Album Version

you can clearly hear the difference on Synth instrument on part " just Try to understand .."
the album version is plain, while on the video is clearly bold and more dynamic . CMIIW  

My ears don’t hear that. Sorry.

The equalization might be different, but the only obvious difference to me is the part they cut out from the edit that’s only in the Album Version.

Im not talking about Borderline any more lol

6 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Then that would mean all Album Edits are remixes.

I understand that.

No. Holiday is just an edit of the album version. The same for Lucky Star, Burning Up, Papa Don't Preach, Fever, Hung Up, True Blue, Oh Father, Jump, etc, etc, etc. Borderline, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Deeper And Deeper for example are remixes because they add or delete elements, even though they sound practically the same as the album versions.

41 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I’ve watched it and listened a million times. It’s certainly not a remix.

Theres cowbell mixes and non-cowbell mixes.

Album Version/Edit and Remixes. End of.

Okay, I have a different idea.

Import both into Audacity, synch them up and invert one of them. If the result is silence, it means both are identical.

That said, the album version also has the muted hi-hat that is present in the background of the beat (the entire time). It was taken out for the 7" Edit.

It's therefore not an edit made from the album version. It’s an entirely new mix done exclusively for the video and the single. It’s also not an edit of the New Mix. If you cannot hear the very audible differences, then you seriously need to get your ears cleaned out, professionally.

43 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

No. Holiday is just an edit of the album version. The same for Lucky Star, Burning Up, Papa Don't Preach, Fever, Hung Up, True Blue, Oh Father, Jump, etc, etc, etc. Borderline, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Deeper And Deeper for example are remixes because they add or delete elements, even though they sound practically the same as the album versions.

true, that's why there are Tagging like

Edit - album edited down

Remix - with additional or changes here and there

Remix Edit - the edited down or structural changes of Remix ( cause it would be weird if it's tag Re-Remix, I don't think M has tagging like Re-Remix on her singles)

The beauty 0f M's releases 

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

The version used in the video is not a remix. It’s just an edit of the Album Version.

The Jellybean Remix and Jellybean Remix Edit has all the extra cowbell.

These are the official versions released:

1. Album Version, produced by Reggie Lucas.
2. 7" Remix (from the 7" single), remixed by Jellybean (without cowbells) used in the video.
3. New Remix/Jellybean Remix, remixed by Jellybean (with cowbells)
4. Edit of New Remix/Jellybean Remix Edit, remixed by Jellybean (with cowbells)
5. Dub Version, remixed by Jellybean (with cowbells)
6. 1990 Q-Sound Mix, remixed by Shep Pettibone (with cowbells)
7. 2009 Mix

The 7" remix does not sound like the Album Version. Just listen to the synth line when she sings "Just, try to understand...". That was reworked by Jellybean for his remixes. Also on the Album Version there is an extra hi-hat (or something else) on the left channel, that is totally annoying me.

Jellybean is even credited as a producer next to Reggie Lucas on the 7", notice it's not an additional production credit.

madonna-holiday-sire-back-to-back-hits.j

6 minutes ago, arigituloh said:

true, that's why there are Tagging like

Edit - album edited down

Remix - with additional or changes here and there

Remix Edit - the edited down or structural changes of Remix ( cause it would be weird if it's tag Re-Remix, I don't think M has tagging like Re-Remix on her singles)

Just a curiosity: when the additional changes in the remix are minor and sound almost identical to the album version, that’s when they use the "Single Mix"/"Single Version" tag.

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Just a curiosity: when the additional changes in the remix are minor and sound almost identical to the album version, that’s when they use the "Single Mix"/"Single Version" tag.

yess they just add "Mix" tag 
like Causing a Commotion Single Mixes of it's Remixes for example I guess

but  think it could called Single Edit as well

13 minutes ago, arigituloh said:

yess they just add "Mix" tag 
like Causing a Commotion Single Mixes of it's Remixes for example I guess

but  think it could called Single Edit as well

Haha, I’m remembering Express Yourself from TIC edited on a 7’': REMIX ALBUM VERSION (It's a remix, but also the album version on TIC).

madonna-justify-my-love-album-version-19

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

That said, the album version also has the muted hi-hat that is present in the background of the beat (the entire time). It was taken out for the 7" Edit.

It's therefore not an edit made from the album version. It’s an entirely new mix done exclusively for the video and the single. It’s also not an edit of the New Mix. If you cannot hear the very audible differences, then you seriously need to get your ears cleaned out, professionally.

Lol this is what I keep referring to, the ticka-ticka-ticka that drives me crazy on the proper album version.

I notice the other slight arrangement differences too. Synths or something, couldn’t put my finger on it. The album version’s arrangement is a little more plain in that respect.

Interesting that this song got that much of a rehaul for a single release back in 1984. Maybe she still just wasn’t happy w/Reggie’s production, even after whatever Jellybean supposedly did to “sweeten” it.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yeah. Or like the LAP 7” version. It more or less sounds similar altogether, but if you listen closely the guitar, bass, drums and other little embellishments are all different

13 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Yeah. Or like the LAP 7” version. It more or less sounds similar altogether, but if you listen closely the guitar, bass, drums and other little embellishments are all different

Yes, you’re right. But after 1990 with the appearance of CD singles, the nomenclature of 7’’ Version/7'' Remix changed to Single Version/Single Mix/Single Remix...

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW