Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Die Another Day is most certainly a single from American Life. Madonna, the sole producer of the latest American Life remix vinyl, specifically included Die Another Day. I’m with Madonna. Fans can believe whatever they want though. Why should we care about what other fans believe. Freedom of thought. Freedom of expression. 

That means absolutely nothing. The song is on the album, so a remix was included. That's all. Die another day was NEVER branded as the first single off the album. American life was always branded and referred to as the first single. You can't use "Freedom of expression" to change well-established facts lol

American Pie 100% fits on Music for my money. It’s still orbit produced and isn’t a million miles away from Amazing, WIFLFAG or I Deserve It in tone or soundscape and the whole theme of Music was cowboys, chopped guitars and Americana. Madonna was doing way too much with that one. If any song is out of place it’s the French tones of Paradise (not for me) but the music is sublime. 

Now Beautiful Stranger I always see as a Ray Of Light era song but there’s no way it should be on that record. It could however have been another additional track on Music making it a five single album. 

4 hours ago, McDonna said:

We've been down this road before.  Die Another Day was recorded for the film of the same name.  The intention wasn't to be included on the American Life album, but then it was decided that it would be included being it was a top 10 song, and possibly help sell the album.  It's tricky to specify it as a single from American Life,  yet it was a single and it was included when the album was being put together.  It's included on every version of the album, and Madonna decided to include the song as part of the project.  Unlike American Pie where the song was only included on some international copies without Madonna's approval.  When putting the track listing for Music, American Pie was not part of the album.

Actually Mirwais said the the song was a song they were working on for American Life, or at least it was a demo they did for the album. When Bond thing happened to they work their was into the film with that song, and that's why they changed the title from Can't You See You See Mind to Die Another Day.  The song is cealry part of the sonic world of the album, so to me (and probabably to Madonna too) is a single from the album. 

According to MTV News, work began on the song following the announcement, with French composer Michel Colombier being confirmed as the strings conductor. Colombier had worked with Madonna and Ahmadzaï on her single "Don't Tell Me" from Music. Madonna and Ahmadzaï went through their demo tracks for American Life and zeroed on one of the songs for the film. They sent the demo to MGM describing it as "this techno thing, an electronica piece rewritten to accommodate the film and the title". According to Colombier, the studio responded positively to the demo but wanted them to change it so that it blended with traditional James Bond music in some way.

The track went through various interpolations, according to executive producer of the film, Michael G. Wilson. Madonna's publicist Liz Rosenberg had initially confirmed that the title of the song might not be same as the film, however Wilson explained that when the singer "saw the rough [film] we were going to use, she sort of adapted the song and changed the title to 'Die Another Day'."Tamahori was concerned with the demo since it did not appear expressive to him and there were abrupt endings. However he was satisfied when Madonna re-wrote the chorus to make it suitable for the film

15 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

That means absolutely nothing. The song is on the album, so a remix was included. That's all. Die another day was NEVER branded as the first single off the album. American life was always branded and referred to as the first single. You can't use "Freedom of expression" to change well-established facts lol

Nobody is saying DAD was branded as the first single from the album, like I believe nobody think Live To Tell is the first single from True Blue. But both songs are clearly not bonus tracks slapped in the albun because hist, and are part of the singles run and the dna of the record.

American Pie was, as Madonna hersef said.

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Actually Mirwais said the the song was a song they were working on for American Life, or at least it was a demo they did for the album. When Bond thing happened to they work their was into the film with that song, and that's why they changed the title from Can't You See You See Mind to Die Another Day.  The song is cealry part of the sonic world of the album, so to me (and probabably to Madonna too) is a single from the album. 

According to MTV News, work began on the song following the announcement, with French composer Michel Colombier being confirmed as the strings conductor. Colombier had worked with Madonna and Ahmadzaï on her single "Don't Tell Me" from Music. Madonna and Ahmadzaï went through their demo tracks for American Life and zeroed on one of the songs for the film. They sent the demo to MGM describing it as "this techno thing, an electronica piece rewritten to accommodate the film and the title". According to Colombier, the studio responded positively to the demo but wanted them to change it so that it blended with traditional James Bond music in some way.

The track went through various interpolations, according to executive producer of the film, Michael G. Wilson. Madonna's publicist Liz Rosenberg had initially confirmed that the title of the song might not be same as the film, however Wilson explained that when the singer "saw the rough [film] we were going to use, she sort of adapted the song and changed the title to 'Die Another Day'."Tamahori was concerned with the demo since it did not appear expressive to him and there were abrupt endings. However he was satisfied when Madonna re-wrote the chorus to make it suitable for the film

Thanks for this.  Which only proves the song is deservedly a notable "single" from American Life.  And if I recall, by late 2002, after the song was released, I believe Madonna confirmed it was going to be included on her up coming album she was working on.

So maybe the whole idea of it not being intended for American Life is just fan fiction from some.  I know I've heard it many times, so for some reason I thought maybe it could be true.  :)

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Thanks for this.  Which only proves the song is deservedly a notable "single" from American Life.  And if I recall, by late 2002, after the song was released, I believe Madonna confirmed it was going to be included on her up coming album she was working on.

So maybe the whole idea of it not being intended for American Life is just fan fiction from some.  I know I've heard it many times, so for some reason I thought maybe it could be true.  :)

Yes she did on a radio interview when the song was just released, so before it was a hit.

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes she did on a radio interview when the song was just released, so before it was a hit.

But mostly she was promoting the soundtrack. She didn't even mention the American life album until someone asked her and she said "working on it". She it's clear it's not meant to be a single to promote the album.

Unlike Live to tell which is the official first single off True blue and was promoted as such.

Just now, Fabiolous said:

But mostly she was promoting the soundtrack. She didn't even mention the American life album until someone asked her and she said "working on it". She it's clear it's not meant to be a single to promote the album.

Unlike Live to tell which is the official first single off True blue and was promoted as such.

Ok. 

3 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

BTW, the album was promoted on the promo cd of the single and on the Bond soundtrack:

R-827243-1162847970.jpg.1b0c721972747f6cd0d98ff141caf3d4.jpgR-923991-1496165227-6751.jpg.333171dfed4879b0f9cceae928db1d9b.jpg

17 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Ahn? Which remix of YLS? Do you mean the original STR single? Does it mean we'll finally have Verás on streaming? Sorry for so many questions, tis a desire of mine for years, so tis totally understandable, right?

If they release You'll see, they'll definitely release Verás. Otherwise, what will they put on it? You'll see didn't have any remixes, just an instrumental and maybe an edit?

1) You'll see

2) You'll see (edit)

3) You'll see (instrumental)

4) Verás

3 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

If they release You'll see, they'll definitely release Verás. Otherwise, what will they put on it? You'll see didn't have any remixes, just an instrumental and maybe an edit?

1) You'll see

2) You'll see (edit)

4) Verás

Giusto, bello, it's that I got just euphoric with such info!!! Gomen nasai!!!

30 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

1) You'll see

2) You'll see (edit)

4) Verás

Plus Live to Tell live

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Exactly! There is no doubt about it that was the first single and very much an American Life Kabbalahesque song. End of story.

4 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

1) You'll see

2) You'll see (edit)

4) Verás

There were 2 Spanglish versions as well.  Also a terrible white label Junior Vasquez mix but I don’t ever see that getting released.

https://www.discogs.com/release/22514666-Madonna-Youll-See-Mixes

8 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

There were 2 Spanglish versions as well.  Also a terrible white label Junior Vasquez mix but I don’t ever see that getting released.

I think it's safe to say any promo mixes will be ignored moving forward. They haven't released any for months

6 hours ago, Karma said:

image.png.c8e517aee98ed2ac82c9cc5c94e33ffa.png

It appears that "You'll See" is also registered.

If I'm not wrong each song is copyrighted by their own single since years ago,unless a unavailable on streaming variant is copyrighted

So I don't think this means anything as other songs are the same

Screenshot_2023-09-25-08-20-03-901_com.google.android.youtube-edit.thumb.jpg.fce040faed44afdb0a35cdb811c7d6b8.jpg

Copyrighted by their own single which doesn't even exist

On 9/22/2023 at 6:02 PM, Anapausis said:

Talking about this horrid song, I have finally discovered that its single EP was just removed from Brazilian iTunes/Apple Music. Does anyone know the reason?

Eddie Amador is a great (kinda neat) DJ/remixer so I have to agree with you for this subject.

EDIT: speaking bout Brazilian exclusives on streaming, tyvm Warner for not having removed to this date the digital/streaming Brazilian Hard Candy standard album with Ring My Bell! (if only physical one were just like this...)

Check out yourselves:

https://music.apple.com/br/album/hard-candy/279401085

Eddie Amador made the song SOMEWHAT bearable. Other than that, it’s truly an embarrassing stain in her discography and especially on the MDNA album. Imagine throwing Best Friend & Beautiful Killer on the bonus disc but keeping Supershit on the standard edition. 🥲 It was even worse before: Bidet Song was originally on the standard version instead of Love Spent.

On 9/22/2023 at 6:10 PM, Honey Little said:

It’s the national anthem of Brazil Madonna!

Please stop talking crap, thank you! 😂

On 9/22/2023 at 11:32 PM, blondebenji said:

Awful 💀💀

On 9/23/2023 at 9:48 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

Apparently 4K videos are in the plan instead

Btw can't wait for Nothing Fails on October 27 most prob

Some promo material such as the radio remix are put in the copyright system

So the tracklist of the EP can not be confirmed as the radio edit is marked as a radio edit too

There is a Radio Edit and a Radio Mix.

On 9/24/2023 at 6:41 AM, Honey Little said:

The singles  were:

Die Another Day

American Life

Hollywood 

Love Profusion 

Nothing Fails / Nobody Knows Me 

Mother and Father (club promo only)

Easy Ride (club promo only) 

*I can’t remember if Love Profusion can after Hollywood or after Nothing Fails.

Easy Ride wasn’t a promo single. It was remixed along with Mother and Father for an American Life remix album that ended up being scrapped in favour of Remixed & Revisited. That previously unreleased mix was later included on Tracy Young's remix compilation. Mother and Father was included on Peter Rauhofer's remix compilation and released as a promo single in 2005.

13 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Ahn? Which remix of YLS? Do you mean the original STR single? Does it mean we'll finally have Verás on streaming? Sorry for so many questions, tis a desire of mine for years, so tis totally understandable, right?

If we look at all the tracks included on the different variations of You'll See:

• You'll See
  • You'll See - Edit
  • You'll See - Instrumental
  • Verás
  • Rain
  • Live To Tell - Live Edit from Ciao Italia
8 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

Yes, one of them appeared as B-Side on the One More Chance single. The other one stayed a promo only mix.

The Spanish Version of You'll See was also included as b-side on the One More Chance single, so they might save it for this release instead of using it on You'll See.

• One More Chance
  • One More Chance - Edit
  • Verás
  • You'll See - Spanglish Version #1
  • You'll See - Spanglish Version #2

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW