Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

So interesting what is and isn’t available where.

on Apple US all we have is the Sorry “dj ep” (full length remixes), neither LIWB paper faces mixes.

The vocal edit is one of my favorite tracks from that era.

6 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

They specifically want them as surprises - this is why all the big fan sites have been asked not to publish any news on what is coming until it's very close to the time or in the case of Australia, as soon as it appears on streaming etc

...but we still wanna know Grin Reaction GIF by iQiyi

Surprise ? That’d be right. They’re not even advertised on Release Radar or at the top of her Spotify page. Any Madonna fan that didn’t follow her on socials or came on here wouldn’t even know they’re available. Let’s call it what it is. A shite marketing strategy that gives the songs a quarter of the streams they did prior to the changes. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Surprise ? That’d be right. They’re not even advertised on Release Radar or at the top of her Spotify page. Any Madonna fan that didn’t follow her on socials or came on here wouldn’t even know they’re available. Let’s call it what it is. A shite marketing strategy that gives the songs a quarter of the streams they did prior to the changes. 

Maybe they can't release singles with current release date and make them appear on the radar because streaming services have problem with that strategy. Notice they have stopped doing that since Hollywood I guess.

46 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Maybe they can't release singles with current release date and make them appear on the radar because streaming services have problem with that strategy. Notice they have stopped doing that since Hollywood I guess.

I'm not sure it's the platforms, since other artists with old releases keep doing it, I think? But could be. Maybe they got some warning or maybe she just saw the old singles on her last releases spots and said to Warner "WTF" and they haven't done it again.

If she want to treat them as "surprises", as mentioned many times, makes sense that they're not released as "new" - respect that but they're losing money and exposure.

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

They're not on Release Radar because since Drowned World, Rhino has stopped releasing the old singles to current date, so they're not advertised as "brand new" anymore, right @Prayer?

33 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

They're not on Release Radar because since Drowned World, Rhino has stopped releasing the old singles to current date, so they're not advertised as "brand new" anymore, right @Prayer?

Exactly. Previously, Warner/Rhino released them with current date, so they benefited from Release Radar playlists (a big push and only "new" releases can be there). Then later they updated the date to the original one.

At some point they stopped doing that, but I'm not sure if its a warning from Spotify (doubt it), laziness on Warner's part (to not have to update them later) or M's request.

I was sorting out Bye Bye Baby by mix genre on my Spotify when I thought of the idea that this are the most right tags for me at least 

Bye Bye Baby (N.Y Hip-hop Mix) - Bye Bye Baby (Madonna Goes Hardcore Radio Version) 

Bye Bye Baby (House Mix) - Bye Bye Baby (Madonna's Night In The Club Edit) 

Bye Bye Baby (Madonna Goes Hardcore Mix) - Bye Bye Baby (Hip Hop Mix)

On 3/15/2024 at 12:49 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

Today it's my birthday and it's the original US 20 birthday of love profusion!

wowwwww

i'm sure its amazing for a love profusion addicted

18 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I was sorting out Bye Bye Baby by mix genre on my Spotify when I thought of the idea that this are the most right tags for me at least 

Bye Bye Baby (N.Y Hip-hop Mix) - Bye Bye Baby (Madonna Goes Hardcore Radio Version) 

Bye Bye Baby (House Mix) - Bye Bye Baby (Madonna's Night In The Club Edit) 

Bye Bye Baby (Madonna Goes Hardcore Mix) - Bye Bye Baby (Hip Hop Mix)

this song is amazing the remixes too..... there are songs who are born to have remixes other songs totally not......

5 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Emily should give the US people and everyone the Sorry (The Remixes) EP with all tracks on streaming globally 12 tracks 

yes !!!! 

Burning Up digital single gave us a lot. 7” edits for Burning Up and Physical Attraction 

but they really skimped on Everybody though

do you think they will give us an Everybody EP with original cover art with the Dub, Extended Version, etc 

I still want You Can Dance unmixed version of Everybody on streaming too 

I remember when sometimes,  unfortunately very rare,, with the single you had also the mv........ Britney Spears with the  gimme more single,  no doubt with it's my life......... 

would be amazing to have a new edition for the singles with remixes, a lot, and not only the originals but inedit too and the music video........

7 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

Burning Up digital single gave us a lot. 7” edits for Burning Up and Physical Attraction 

but they really skimped on Everybody though

do you think they will give us an Everybody EP with original cover art with the Dub, Extended Version, etc 

I still want You Can Dance unmixed version of Everybody on streaming too 

It’s probably not on their priority list rn but I think a "Remixes, Part 2" will come for some of the earlier single releases in the future. They won’t be able to fit everything that was left off on the album re-issues.

So, my priests and priestesses...

...Live to Tell maxi comes this week or Passion/Pessach one?

(It'd be a Kii to capital K if it were on the latter... but I'd never mind to Rhino including a lil'surprise as bonus track - of course if AND only if M has changed her mind and would give green light to such - getters gonna get this).

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW