Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

14 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

I did a fresh new rip and upscale of the 5 minute "Lucky Star" and uploaded it to my YouTube channel: 

Woah... so weird seeing LS in 30FPS instead of the usual 24FPS.

Also, upscale looks good! Still faithful to the original presentation, although stretched to the side. :3

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Woah... so weird seeing LS in 30FPS instead of the usual 24FPS.

Also, upscale looks good! Still faithful to the original presentation, although stretched to the side. :3

Shit - I didn't notice the app I use to resize is misreading the width of the source video and therefore stretching it! I'll try to fix...

Guys i need your help please, i tried to list all those versions from Lucky Star (as i did with every other track from the MADONNA album)

but i have a few question marks ??? to solve here

Do 3.33 & 3.44 Edits exist or were they just misslabled on all releases?

Who renixed Celebration?

What excatly is the JP release at the bottom an Edit or just an Album Fade and does someone have it?

And if you find any errors please let me know ;)

Thanx

image.thumb.png.1893b9e2734aa3c3196c0d5a720609b0.png

33 minutes ago, MiB said:

Guys i need your help please, i tried to list all those versions from Lucky Star (as i did with every other track from the MADONNA album)

but i have a few question marks ??? to solve here

Do 3.33 & 3.44 Edits exist or were they just misslabled on all releases?

Who renixed Celebration?

What excatly is the JP release at the bottom an Edit or just an Album Fade and does someone have it?

And if you find any errors please let me know ;)

Thanx

image.thumb.png.1893b9e2734aa3c3196c0d5a720609b0.png

The version from GoldDisc is the TIC video version.

I think the 3:33 and 3:44 edits were indeed mislabeled but who knows. Maybe someone who has the vinyls can confirm.

Edit:

Okay, so all of the Lucky Star releases don’t come with an official track length on the label, so the owners or the people who made the Discogs entry added the track length themselves. 3:33 kinda matches the track length of the TIC version. My guess is that they believed, it was the same as the 7" Edit.

4 minutes ago, MiB said:

No It's not they are different ;)

It has been established in this thread that they are the same.

2 minutes ago, MiB said:

image.png.87c3ff12248b59507aea4d6fcf568d3f.png

Yeah definitely mislabeled. The fade of the song ends at 3:48, there are like 3 more seconds of silence. Track lengths from analog times aren’t very precise most of the time.

14 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Eh what’s this?

I think it's automatic copyright info on a YouTube fan uploaded video, am I correct?

That would be an indicator of an official release of those remixes, probably on a "Drowned World/Substitute For Love" digital single/EP. Wiki says the original single was released on August 24, 1998, so maybe we can expect a digital release at the end of this month.

The "Hollywood" remixes begun to appear as copyrighted like this one above weeks before the official digital release.

In other news, Warner has started to fix the dates on the latest Madonna releases on Spotify... not quite there yet but some of them are moved to their original years, but remain as albums instead of singles... messy yet but hopefully it will be completed soon.

OK another question

This time Holiday

i saw that Holiday in the US was only released as a 7 Single & Mono with a running time of 3.50

and that length is also in several other relases around the word, except the UK. Is this the same edit as the Spanish one?

and why is the Mono Edit listed with 4.05? it's also labeled with 3.50 on that release.

And that Album Version from Online, was that ever used on a physical version? It sounds rather YCD Remixed to me...

Thanx for your help ;)

image.png.1a399ce8c4d474b97f3446650af16c92.png

5 minutes ago, MiB said:

OK another question

This time Holiday

i saw that Holiday in the US was only released as a 7 Single & Mono with a running time of 3.50

and that length is also in several other relases around the word, except the UK. Is this the same edit as the Spanish one?

and why is the Mono Edit listed with 4.05? it's also labeled with 3.50 on that release.

And that Album Version from Online, was that ever used on a physical version? It sounds rather YCD Remixed to me...

Thanx for your help ;)

Never trust in the running times made in the analog times. Examples: Express Yourself (Remix / Edit) labeled as 4:50. The real running time is 5:00. Express Yourself (Non-Stop Express Mix) labeled as 7:54. The real running time is 7:58. Express Yourself (Stop & Go Dubs) labeled as 10:40. The real running time is 10:52... 

The UK Edit is the regular 7'' Edit available worldwide. 

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Jesus why is everyone so obsessed with the 7” version of lucky star - are we all so bored now 😂😂

When you’re a collector it’s not about only collecting songs/versions you like/enjoy.

I for once don’t care much about this edit but being a collector means, establishing how many versions/variations there are and collecting them all.

I don’t understand why people have such a problem with that. It’s a hobby! Let people enjoy things.

1 hour ago, MiB said:

is this real? does a 3.44 Edit exist after all?

Nope, fake. The video I posted literally showed a guy playing the vinyl with the 3:44 label that you posted. It’s the same as the 3:51 7" Edit.

6 minutes ago, MiB said:

OK another question

This time Holiday

Thanx for your help ;)

image.png.1a399ce8c4d474b97f3446650af16c92.png

The 3:51 Album Version is an edit/fade of the Q-Sound Version.

As @Aiwa08 said somewhere else "never trust the track length labeling from analogue times“. Many of them are just incorrect.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW