Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The single was already known to come to streaming but VINYL MIXES were not confirmed!

I must've missed it! I just thought we were all hoping haha! But that's great and yes the remixes are necessary! 

Sorry if already mentioned. Is there a big difference between the original Orbit or Alternative?

13 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I must've missed it! I just thought we were all hoping haha! But that's great and yes the remixes are necessary! 

Sorry if already mentioned. Is there a big difference between the original Orbit or Alternative?

Longer Ending and also extra sounds

1 hour ago, MikeyK said:

All this proselytizing over TUTBMP lol. I agree it was a success bc it was the theme to a hugely successful summer movie, and bc it was the type of adult contemporary ballad Americans lapped up for most of the 90s. It really wasn’t perplexing at all at the time.

Though a much stronger pop single, I’ll Remember’s success was actually a bit more surprising, simply bc it can’t be stressed enough how in the dumps her public image still was at the time here in the US.

The Sex book had started to slip from the public’s consciousness but then she pulled her Letterman stunt, was cavorting around w/Dennis Rodman, etc. A lot of people thought she was gross. It was annoying.

Really it was a hit in spite of the fact that it was by her (like Take a Bow to a lesser extent).

Yes, this is all true.  I remember how it seemed the U.S. especially was starting to get back in good graces with Madonna.  Rain had been a popular radio hit for nearly a year at this point and then I'll Remember was released.  At first, it seemed like it would be smooth sailing for Madonna. It was a beautiful ballad and tied to a very popular Indie film. A perfect set up for another huge hit.  Then she appeared on David Letterman.  It was like she was the most hated woman in the U.S. after that point.  But what was more shocking is how I'll Remember kept soaring on the radio.  I guess at this point many people were so used to her being controversial that it didn't stop them from loving a great song. Then again, I supposed with the connection to the film and her record company heavily pushing the song, radio was all too willing to play it.

We also must remember that David Letterman was hardly an American treasure himself.  A lot of people associate him with bad behavior as well.  If anything, both Madonna and David used it to their advantage.  Neither one of them seemed to be really mad at each other, so that sort of took the sting out of the drama that unfolded on the show.  Many ended up coming to the conclusion it was just late night antics!  No doubt if that happened during daytime or early morning shows, it would have been far more consequential. 

13 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The fact that this finally came true with the same title last month!

How long does it usually take between those copyrights appearing and the actual release date?

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Weird that they've bothered with Vinyl only remixes for this. Is this the first time in ages since? Were Like A Prayer the last ones? We didn't get Peggys Fever Mixes in the end.

Most recently? Love Profusion and Nothing Fails

10 minutes ago, dylanlioncourt said:

Getting I'll Remember on streaming would be awesome! The Orbit mixes are sublime. I can't unsee that Deeper and Deeper single cover shot with the eye. :dead:

can't belive we need to go through all this shit for have something so old on streaming...... why like logic teach, don't put all on streaming with every single remixes every single song in one month maybe two and thank you next?

20 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

"I'll Remember" 

1.I'll Remember 4:24

2. I'll Remember (Orbit Remix) 4:18 

3. I'll Remember (Guerilla Beach Mix) 6:18

4. I'll Remember (Orbit Alternative Remix) 4:30

5. I'll Remember (Guerilla Groove Mix) 6:04 

6. Why's It So Hard (Live from the Girlie Show) 5:10

Wouldn't it be amazing if she started performing I'll Remember in lieu of Rain/Frozen/Take a Bow around the time of the release? Fun!

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW