Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

5 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Sounds more like a cymbal leading up to the beat that's been cut to me rather than a vocal note. Wasn't the Celebration version a Frankenstein reconstruction job? Possibly made with not with a lot of attention to detail...

@Bjonkers @clkelley39 You are right. Not her voice, but something is cut. Anyway, the same mistake is present in the Immaculate Collection.

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

@Bjonkers @clkelley39 You are right. Not her voice, but something is cut. Anyway, the same mistake is present in the Immaculate Collection.

I think that edit could have worked if they had Pro Tools or Logic back then, but they were surely editing with tape. Theoretically it's correct and if we had the stems from the Jellybean remix we could fix it. 

Well I'm glad someone explained the remix added bits and bobs to me because I've never really noticed them in the song at all. Once you go back and play the album version you can see that the additions do make the song rounder and more fuller sounding.

They're hella subtle but they're defo adding something. 

1 hour ago, clkelley39 said:

OK let's get into the weeds on the "Borderline" mixes:

• Album version (sometimes erroneously labeled as the US Remix or Remix in streaming services)
    • the version everyone hates and no one listens to
  • US Remix a.k.a. New Mix a.k.a. Extended Mix a.k.a. Jellybean Remix a.k.a. Extended Dance Remix a.k.a. 12" version
    • acoustic drums instead of drum machine
    • cowbell added
    • glockenspiel added during the intro
    • echo-ey, booming snare drum hits here and there
    • echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
    • Longer than album version
    • Probably some other stuff in the mix too
  • Dub
    • also remixed by Jellybean but it's a dub though
  • Single Remix
    • used in the music video
    • An edit of the US Remix but:
      • no added cowbell at all
      • no echo-ey, booming snare drum hits here and there
      • no echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
  • Brazilian single edit a.k.a album edit
    • a fade of the album version
  • It's That Girl remix a.k.a. radio remix a.k.a. radio version a.k.a. remix edit
    • just like the single remix, but:
      • with echo-ey, booming snare drum hits here and there 
      • with echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
  • The Immaculate Collection remix
      • mixed in Q-Sound
      • with cowbell added
      • no echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
  • Celebration remix (erroneously labeled as Single Remix on the new streaming releases)
    • very similar to The Immaculate Collection remix, but:
      • not mixed in Q-Sound
      • with echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
    • those added elements weren't added in exactly the same places as the It's That Girl Remix

See, it's super simple and not annoying or frustrating at all. 

Thanks. That's really helpful.

The Dub it's the same track as the Instrumental on the US 12" promo?

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

I don’t think it is. It has all those echo-ey drums and vocals that the TIC mix doesn’t have. I think it’s an edit of the US Remix.

I’m pretty sure it is because it has the same vibe, with the toned down cowbells and all. Also the echoes on the vocals are very similar to what Shep did on other tracks on TIC. 
Furthermore Celebration features and alternative TIC edit for Lucky Star as well

4 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m pretty sure it is because it has the same vibe, with the toned down cowbells and all. Also the echoes on the vocals are very similar to what Shep did on other tracks on TIC. 
Furthermore Celebration features and alternative TIC edit for Lucky Star as well

This. We always thought both "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" were alternative Q-Sound mixes, for some reason. If it helps, on Qobuz both are tagged as "Q-Sound Mix" and "Lucky Star" as alternative:

https://www.qobuz.com/es-es/album/celebration-madonna/0093624972730

Just now, Prayer said:

This. We always thought both "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" were alternative Q-Sound mixes, for some reason. If it helps, on Qobuz both are tagged as "Q-Sound Mix" and "Lucky Star" as alternative:

https://www.qobuz.com/es-es/album/celebration-madonna/0093624972730

Both of them have Q-sound but it's not as prominent as the IC final mixes. I am thinking these were early mixes done before remixed into their final forms on IC.

49 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I guess it is. I just re-listened and the whole "mind...mind...mind" echo isn't even in the US Remix or the dub. It would had to have been added later. It's just seemed weird that Shep would put in the effort to add that stuff, but then edit it out. 

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Thanks for breaking this down in detail. NOW I understand what's what. This is the version I'm missing in my (streaming) life. It's the real drums without the cowbell I need.

The Immaculate version might suffice if it was actually available on the damn streaming version. All that extra reverb and delay in the Celebration version does my head in.

EMILY!!!

:drama:

For the people who wanna kiss this borderline single remix

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

It's a extract from the video and tagged so you don't have to call Emily isn't she sleeping?

4 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

OK let's get into the weeds on the "Borderline" mixes:

• Album version (sometimes erroneously labeled as the US Remix or Remix in streaming services)
    • the version everyone hates and no one listens to
  • US Remix a.k.a. New Mix a.k.a. Extended Mix a.k.a. Jellybean Remix a.k.a. Extended Dance Remix a.k.a. 12" version
    • acoustic drums instead of drum machine
    • cowbell added
    • glockenspiel added during the intro
    • echo-ey, booming snare drum hits here and there
    • echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line")
    • Longer than album version
    • Probably some other stuff in the mix too
  • Dub
    • also remixed by Jellybean but it's a dub though
  • Single Remix
    • used in the music video
    • An edit of the US Remix but:
      • no added cowbell at all
      • no echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line")
  • Brazilian single edit a.k.a album edit
    • a fade of the album version
  • It's That Girl remix a.k.a. radio remix a.k.a. radio version a.k.a. remix edit
      • with echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line")
  • The Immaculate Collection remix
      • mixed in Q-Sound
      • with cowbell added
      • no echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line")
  • Celebration remix (erroneously labeled as Single Remix on the new streaming releases)
    • very similar to The Immaculate Collection remix, but:
      • not mixed in Q-Sound
      • with echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
    • those added elements weren't added in exactly the same places as the It's That Girl Remix

See, it's super simple and not annoying or frustrating at all. 

I'm bordeline losing my mind (mind...mind...mind) reading this (Cowbell) 

It causes me so much pain, i think i'm going insane (booming snare)

(Glockenspiel)

This message has been edited and remixed. Dub version not available.

2 hours ago, tscott said:

It's uploaded to her YouTube, so that's an acknowledgement to me. 

62,370 views Dec 8, 2022

Provided to YouTube by Music Video Distributors Inc. Dress You Up · Madonna Madonna The Universal ℗ 2022 Zip City Released on: 2022-12-05 Music Publisher: Zip City Composer, Lyricist: Madonna Madonna Auto-generated by YouTube.

========================================================
So not approved or endorsed by Madonna / Rhino / Warner 

3 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

62,370 views Dec 8, 2022

Provided to YouTube by Music Video Distributors Inc. Dress You Up · Madonna Madonna The Universal ℗ 2022 Zip City Released on: 2022-12-05 Music Publisher: Zip City Composer, Lyricist: Madonna Madonna Auto-generated by YouTube.

I am confused, how can an unapproved video be added to her YT?

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

I am confused, how can an unapproved video be added to her YT?

Exactly.  I understand it's not an official release from Madonna's record company, but it's been added to her Youtube channel, so it's obviously they are acknowledging the broadcast and using it to increase her presence within her live catalog.  Madonna and her team can acknowledge and share things on her social media without it being officially released by them.

12 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

62,370 views Dec 8, 2022

5 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I'm not sure what you are sharing here since they aren't showing up on my end.  In fact, I am not sure the "Auto-Generated by Youtube" post has got to do with what I posted or how that addresses Jackie's question? 

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'm not sure what you are sharing here since they aren't showing up on my end.  In fact, I am not sure the "Auto-Generated by Youtube" post has got to do with what I posted or how that addresses Jackie's question? 

What I shared was a link to one of the videos that clearly states auto-generated by YouTube 

62,370 views Dec 8, 2022

Provided to YouTube by Music Video Distributors Inc. Dress You Up · Madonna Madonna The Universal ℗ 2022 Zip City Released on: 2022-12-05 Music Publisher: Zip City Composer, Lyricist: Madonna Madonna Auto-generated by YouTube.

This is from the video description ^'

Nothing to do with M or Rhino or Warner

You can google 'Auto-generated by YouTube videos' for more info

@GregVsMattThis is what I was referring to.  The Blond Ambition Tour Radio broadcast and the FM Broadcasts are added on her channel under her playlists.  I understand it's not a Madonna/Warner/Rhino release.  I'm just pointing out that they added it to her Youtube channel, acknowledging one of her best live radio broadcast.  If it's "Auto Generated" that doesn't mean her team isn't aware or didn't want it on her channel.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW