Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Instead of uploading I'm going to tell you a secret, or correct versions of the tracks, they don't stop uploading different kind of confusing shits. 

They don't stop uploading fake albums like Like A Virgin,it's just the old tracks with the celebration remix sandwiched in

5 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Instead of uploading I'm going to tell you a secret, or correct versions of the tracks, they don't stop uploading different kind of confusing shits. 

I even bought a remain of the tour on itunes but it seems it didn't help for warner to realize this was not a flop

On 2/19/2023 at 5:19 AM, Openyourheart said:

I agree, CFY also wouldn't have fit very well but still felt like it deserved an album release. Gambler out of the 3 would've actually fit the best I think but could've been construed as filler potentially in a different universe 

"Crazy For You", "Gambler" and "Into The Groove" might have sounded weird on Like a Virgin, but "Vogue" also sounds weird on I'm Breathless. Then again, I think most people (not die hard Madonna fans like us) probably see The Immaculate Collection as the album that gave us "Vogue". It did come out just a few months later and sold like hot cakes. 

My point? Well...now I'm not really sure now. 

10 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

"Crazy For You", "Gambler" and "Into The Groove" might have sounded weird on Like a Virgin, but "Vogue" also sounds weird on I'm Breathless. Then again, I think most people (not die hard Madonna fans like us) probably see The Immaculate Collection as the album that gave us "Vogue". It did come out just a few months later and sold like hot cakes. 

Lol Vogue is the perfect closer to I’m Breathless. It’s conceptual and cool following the part 2 of NIFY.

And how’s TIC the album that gave us Vogue? By the time it came out Vogue has been released, charted, got performed 60 times on tour and twice at award shows.

2 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol Vogue is the perfect closer to I’m Breathless. It’s conceptual and cool following the part 2 of NIFY.

And how’s TIC the album that gave us Vogue? By the time it came out Vogue has been released, charted, got performed 60 times on tour and twice at award shows.

Yes, I know that, you know that and everyone on this forum knows that. I'm talking about casual consumers. The type of music consumers who didn't know where most of their CDs were located in their own homes, think Kylie Minogue sang "Two of Hearts" and don't know the difference between a trumpet and a trombone. 

1 minute ago, clkelley39 said:

Yes, I know that, you know that and everyone on this forum knows that. I'm talking about casual consumers. The type of music consumers who didn't know where most of their CDs were located in their own homes, think Kylie Minogue sang "Two of Hearts" and don't know the difference between a trumpet and a trombone. 

Vogue was heavily promoted during Blond Ambition as part of I’m Breathless. 
I think it was well established as part of that album by the time TIC was released. 
In 1990 I was a child and didn’t really care about Madonna and I still knew about the song being on the “Dick Tracy album” lol

But it’s true later on. Many people that were not around in 1990 never heard of I’m Breathless. I’m still surprised this album is so obscure, it’s such a masterpiece from beginning to end

13 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Vogue was heavily promoted during Blond Ambition as part of I’m Breathless. 
I think it was well established as part of that album by the time TIC was released. 
In 1990 I was a child and didn’t really care about Madonna and I still knew about the song being on the “Dick Tracy album” lol

But it’s true later on. Many people that were not around in 1990 never heard of I’m Breathless. I’m still surprised this album is so obscure, it’s such a masterpiece from beginning to end

I think a lot of people actively avoided I'm Breathless because it seemed like a kid's product or something, even though they liked "Vogue". Dick Tracy was heavily marketed to kids. 

I remember going into a record store in the summer of 1990 and there was an entire wall full of "Vogue" singles on CD, cassette and vinyl. I think a lot of people either bought the single in the summer or got The Immaculate Collection for Christmas. 

Let's start a #justiceforimbreathless hashtag. If Mariah Carey's Glitter can be resurrected, so can IB (which is what I'm calling it now). 

47 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

I made a whole thread about where people think Vogue belongs and fits best the other day coincidentally.

But, yes, I don't think the comparison is dissimilar except they at least tried to make Vogue mesh with NIFY2.

2 minutes ago, Openyourheart said:

I made a whole thread about where people think Vogue belongs and fits best the other day coincidentally.

But, yes, I don't think the comparison is dissimilar except they at least tried to make Vogue mesh with NIFY2.

Yeah, I always figured Warner Bros. didn't want a repeat of "Into The Groove". Here is the US, you really couldn't get that song for years until The Immaculate Collection came out, unless you happened to buy the "Angel" single 5 years earlier. 

5 minutes ago, Karma said:

ARTIST:Madonna
TITLE: La Isla Bonita
Label: RRW/Rhino/Warner Records
Config & Selection #: IEP 724995 
Street Date: 02/24/23
Order Due Date: 01/20/23
UPC: 603497832477
Box Count: 0
Units Per Set: 
SRP: $4.99

From MNation

Mmmhmmm... interesting. $4.99 means a 5 or 6-track EP. Is there even enough material for that? Let's check all the 7''s and 12''s from back then:

- La Isla Bonita (Album Version)

- La Isla Bonita (Extended Remix)

- La Isla Bonita (Instrumental)

- La Isla Bonita (Remix) - 7'' Version

- La Isla Bonita (Instrumental Edit)

Also, if that means her most viewed video ever on YouTube is going to be remastered, good news too. "La Isla Bonita" video is currently at 693M on YouTube with its poor SD version... a good HD upscale is going to do wonders for it.

Or will it be this randomer RSD release from a few years back?

1992 Australian and Japanese CD Super Mix; 2019 Record Store Day exclusive green vinyl

"La Isla Bonita" (extended remix) – 5:28

"Open Your Heart" (extended version) – 10:38

"Gambler" – 3:58

"Crazy for You" – 4:12

"La Isla Bonita" (instrumental) – 5:21

Originally released Feb 25th in 1987 and we'll probably will see the music video finally get a upscale.  I'm betting the track listing will be something like this:

"La Isla Bonita"  – 4:01

"La Isla Bonita" (instrumental remix) – 4:20

La Isla Bonita" (extended remix) – 5:28

"La Isla Bonita" (instrumental) – 5:14

Curiously, I wonder if they'll add the Immaculate Collection version and credit it as the new "7 Inch" version.  LOL!

Just a reminder of what's left to come if they really are doing 2 to 3 track EP's

MARCH

Crazy for You - March 2, 1985

Nothing Really Matters - March 2, 1999

One More Chance - March 7, 1996

Burning Up / Physical Attraction - March 9, 1983

I'll Remember - March 15, 1994

Another Suitcase in Another Hall - March 18, 1997

Love Don't Live Here Anymore - March 19, 1996

Live to Tell - March 26, 1986

APRIL

American Life - April 8, 2003

Angel - April 10, 1985

What It Feels Like for a Girl - April 16, 2001

Spotlight - April 25, 1988

MAY

Ray of Light - May 6, 1998

JUNE

Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986

This Used to Be My Playground - June 16, 1992

Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987

JULY

Hollywood - July 4, 2003

Into the Groove - July 15, 1985

Dress You Up - July 31, 1985 / December 12, 1985

AUGUST

Cherish - August 1, 1989

Lucky Star - August 8, 1984

Drowned World / Substitute for Love - August 24, 1998

Causing a Commotion - August 25, 1987

SEPTEMBER

Holiday - September 7, 1983

True Blue - September 17, 1986

The Power of Goodbye - September 22, 1998

OCTOBER

Die Another Day - October 22, 2002

Oh Father - October 24, 1989

Nothing Fails - October 26, 2003

You Must Love Me - October 27, 1996

You'll See - October 30, 1995

Like a Virgin - October 31, 1984

NOVEMBER

Don't Tell Me - November 14, 2000

Open Your Heart - November 19, 1986

The Look of Love - November 25, 1987

DECEMBER

Dear Jessie - December 4, 1989

Love Profusion - December 8, 2003

26 minutes ago, steady75 said:

This is all mostly inconsequential but cute stuff to keep her name afloat whilst getting her "Greatest Hits" more visibility to hype for the tour.

Cute

We have everything from this already right or is the 7" version missing?

Yeah, we already have them for the most part except the short instrumental. The 7" remix is very similar to the Immaculate version with a slightly longer outro as far as I remember.... Still, nice to have it for that stunning cover shot alone.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW