Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Fully mixed and mastered tracks are mixed and EQ scooped and side chained so the vocals sound better in the mix. I imagine most releases instrumental versions have the sidechain vocal track not only muted but disengaged so the backing tracks sounds how it should in its original form. 

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

It has literally been confirmed and announced by Madonna and Rhino on social media that the Director's cut is coming. 🤡

The video can be viewed anywhere. It’s not like it’s actually hidden from the public. Also, there is a very strong anti-American and anti-war sentiment in the world, especially with current legislations and post-Trump. The world is very different from what it was in 2003.

She dumb. 

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

She dumb. 

There have been numerous articles that have re-evaluated the video and have crowned it as one of her most bold artistic and political statements. The public does not view it with the same eyes, anymore.

Erotica (song, video & album) and the SEX book also caused her career to nearly collapse. Would you say that these should also be hidden from view for the very same reason? I don't think so. Just say that you are passed about American Life finally getting its flowers and move on... :smke:

I'm pretty sure anyone with a brain who watched the video today would understand why it was necessary and appreciate the message, especially BECAUSE it is still relevant today. And remember, if the Iraq war had started later instead of shortly before the video's release, it wouldn't have been withdrawn and this would have been the official version.

14 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Madonna said there were like 10 Director’s Cuts of the video, but I’m pretty sure we will get the Director’s Cut that leaked years ago. The grenade ending is the best one, the Bush ending (the one I taped from Viva back in 2003) doesn’t really makes sense 20 years after the fact. 

It’s corny and made no sense in the end with what happened 

11 hours ago, Roy said:

The HD Tidal version of the AL Flag video looks good

I can't decide which is more rotten in Tidal's version, Madonna's teeth or flags...

836.jpg

837.jpg

between the YouTube version and that of Tidal there is an embarrassment of choice which one is more horrendous :suffer:

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

If ya’ll think Madonna and her team are gonna release a controversial video that pretty much killed her commercial appeal in the states to celebrate its anniversary, right in the middle of a campaign to win the GP back on side, then I don’t know what to tell ya’ll. 

And if Madonna’s team think it’s a good idea to release it now, while the world is again at war in its current fragile state as we veer ever closer to a new world order then they deserve all they get. 

That one is staying in the vaults for a very long time. 

It's a different time now.  No one will really care as much as they would have in 2003.  It's been re-assessed and she's been  more celebrated for making it now.  It will have no impact on her trying to win back the general public.  Those if any who do make a big deal about it, already made up their mind about Madonna long ago. 

I'm glad she's finally officially uploading it to her channel.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

If ya’ll think Madonna and her team are gonna release a controversial video that pretty much killed her commercial appeal in the states to celebrate its anniversary, right in the middle of a campaign to win the GP back on side, then I don’t know what to tell ya’ll. 

And if Madonna’s team think it’s a good idea to release it now, while the world is again at war in its current fragile state as we veer ever closer to a new world order then they deserve all they get. 

That one is staying in the vaults for a very long time. 

We have been battling for years to get it,please don't ruin our chance

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Fully mixed and mastered tracks are mixed and EQ scooped and side chained so the vocals sound better in the mix. I imagine most releases instrumental versions have the sidechain vocal track not only muted but disengaged so the backing tracks sounds how it should in its original form. 

Something they did before was putting dubs as "instrumentals" in her catalog.A amazing worker put it there

20 minutes ago, tscott said:

It's a different time now.  No one will really care as much as they would have in 2003.  It's been re-assessed and she's been  more celebrated for making it now.  It will have no impact on her trying to win back the general public.  Those if any who do make a big deal about it, already made up their mind about Madonna long ago. 

It’s an old video getting uploaded to YouTube of a forgotten single, most of the general public won’t even see it or hear about it.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s an old video getting uploaded to YouTube of a forgotten single, most of the general public won’t even see it or hear about it.

Exactly, and it's not like it hasn't been easily accessible for years now.  You can easily find it on Youtube under non-official accounts.  It's just nice Madonna is now willing to add it to her own channel.

52 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'd love for her to release the uncensored version of Erotica. I don't know why she didn't.

33 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Nah. She has so many "critics" that are literally obsessed with her career -- i predict it will be a short "look what she did" type of thing. People will also think it's a new video being released about the war in Ukraine -- pls dont forget a large majority of humans have air in their head and only see life through one clouded lens aka ppl are dumb af.

16 minutes ago, CYSMM said:

Do you think we will get the Aviddiva Remix for Hollywood?

Do you mean the video or the remix?

What I would really like to get for Hollywood is the Sander Kleinenberg remix. But that’s very unlikely…. We won’t probably even get all the Hollywood remixes/edits that were originally released… 

2 minutes ago, f78k said:

Do you mean the video or the remix?

What I would really like to get for Hollywood is the Sander Kleinenberg remix. But that’s very unlikely…. We won’t probably even get all the Hollywood remixes/edits that were originally released… 

The remix. 

We won't get the Kleinenberg for sure, it's like asking for the Blowup

7 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Oh yeah? I didn't know about that. But you can literally watch the uncensored version of Erotica on YT. It asks if you are over 18, which is fine #makeitmakesense

I thought so cause I remember they tweeted about it being up the following week and someone caught it up on Youtube for a bit but then it was taken down or something. Then it was never brought up again

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW