Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Actually I remember "Love Profusion" being well received at the time, even by fans and casual fans that hadn't enjoyed the "American Life" or "Hollywood" singles that much. "Love Profusion" was more classic Madonna in some ways.

But it was too late to save the album I guess, being the 4th/5th single already (depending if you count "Die Another Day" or not).

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

So many looks to choose from, it's hard.

But THE picture is this one:

211.jpg

It was everywhere at the time.

well yeah maybe - its classic Madonna

but we see that like thousand times before

The brunette pin up look is supreme  the colors so delicious

red lipstick - blue dress - yellow telephone ...  :crazyeyes:

ginger my least favorite look from that video  anyway  :Madonna003:

43 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Actually I remember "Love Profusion" being well received at the time, even by fans and casual fans that hadn't enjoyed the "American Life" or "Hollywood" singles that much. "Love Profusion" was more classic Madonna in some ways.

But it was too late to save the album I guess, being the 4th/5th single already (depending if you count "Die Another Day" or not).

If I remember correctly, it was the first song previewed in full on AOL.com before the album came out, and had a very good reception. I love the song. I think it's so cute and beautiful. The simplicity of love. 

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Love Profusion is actually a great song.  Madonna had trouble with charting after American Life but her music has been stellar for the most part. Personally, I prefer Madonna's last three albums to her first three and I was definitely around and on board for them all.  Lol

They may be a generational thing. I listen to Erotica to Madame X in full all the time. Less likely to do so with the first four (five if you include I’m Breathless). So I get what you mean. 

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

They’re like that because they are different transfers. Most streaming apps have sound leveling so I don’t think there’s an issue. 
Everybody and Gambler are terrible attempts at remastering. They’re heavily distorted 

I don’t mind them. They’re a bit trebly but at least they sound clear. Granted I’m not a fastidious audiophile and just listen to music on my phone w/regular old ear buds. Gambler to me just sounds authentic of it’s time. Everybody is a bit tinny but then on Celebration it sounds muddy in comparison.

I don’t always have volume equalizing active bc while it helps sometimes, it inadvertently causes other occasional issues. TIC for example has a strange, progressive volume decrease with sound check enabled that doesn’t happen w/out it. 

Been playing the Hollywood remixes all day long. OMG, can't believe how amazing the mixes still sound. Probably one of her best maxis in terms of diversity. There's something to everyone's taste here imho. The Micronauts Remix is probably a standout, though the rest are just as exciting to listen to

I remember taking the maxi-single I had just bought to a DJ friend of mine who worked at a local gay club at the time. I was 23 then. And he was mesmerized, and played all the mixes throughout the night, and the whole crowd went wild whenever a different mix would come in. The Duke and Deepsky mixes were the ones that the people responded to most powerfully

I remember the madness release dates' between love profusion/nothing fails, between uk/eu/us and then started the rumours of nobody knows me and the 20th anniversary box -firstly, and remixed and revisited soon after- releases. And all ends like anybody knows. Totally madness

6 hours ago, Askeroff said:

well yeah maybe - its classic Madonna

but we see that like thousand times before

The brunette pin up look is supreme  the colors so delicious

red lipstick - blue dress - yellow telephone ...  :crazyeyes:

ginger my least favorite look from that video  anyway  :Madonna003:

The blonde was the only good look in that video.

5 hours ago, tscott said:

While there are a lot of fantastic looks from the Hollywood video, this is the one that most resonates with me.  Her real hair and very natural looking. 

MV5BNjEyZTc3OGQtNzU5Ny00N2M1LTk0YTYtOWZk

mqdefault.jpg

This one my favorite!!! 😍 actually I did this photo as a painting for my Interior Design project at college. Sweet memories… 💕 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW