Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW

New_Boy

Probably unrelated and i dont know if it's been mentioned but Causing A Commotion has the Silver Screen Single Mix up on the Universal Music Publishing website... You can listen to a short preview there too

https://www.umusicpub.com/us/Digital-Music-Library/song/175086/madonna-causing-a-commotion-single-screen-single-mix212977574_Screenshot_20240712_011832_com.android.chrome2.thumb.jpg.1df4f0d0825e55dac5eb7d786ed20a68.jpg

40 minutes ago, mrsciccone said:

So funny that they forgot to brighten the middle parts in a d o‘s on the cover 😂

35 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Right lower corner also is not cleaned. Now I can't unsee it :laughing: As I'm a  graphic designer it hurts my eyes. A major oversight

Keep in mind, I posted an image from a random source, so I'm not sure that's the specific one they are using.  :)

5 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

No, I really see uncleaned fragments on that Spotify screenshot above.

The O and D in Madonna have darker color inside than the background.

Oh I see it, but it's not really a big deal.  Anyway, I'm just glad to see the original single/mixes available on streaming/digital platforms. :party:

4 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Yeah it's just a cover. Anyway there are covers in much worse condition on streaming. Like this one received_1483935248920992.thumb.jpeg.091b7b250d1dfd66a3b5e16867933908.jpeg

Yeah, a lot of people don't  pay that close attention or care about the covers they use.  And sometimes it offers a bit nostalgia when they look like an old vinyl cover, etc.  The important thing is the music is up there on streaming. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Who's That Girl - OUT NOW
3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Speaking of strange fades, do you know the album fade of 'Physical Attraction' (3:20) that appears on the B-side of the UK single 'Borderline'?

https://www.discogs.com/release/7728051-Madonna-Borderline

and the two other strange variations of the fade that appear on two other pressings of that 7" 😂😂😂

8 hours ago, steady75 said:

I suppose her imperial sales stage of True Blue had cooled somewhat and really True Blue was her only bullet proof singles campaign ever. Madonna & Like A Virgin were sketchy as hell with the record company largely abandoning the Album after Material Girl and Like A Virgin hit. Angel and Dress You Up were such afterthoughts really and in the UK we were still getting singles form the debut in 85-86.

In many ways the haphazard singles release of the Like A Prayer album went back to the Like A Virgin methodology. Back a single we think may underperform (Angel / Keep It Together ) with a new song (Into The Groove / Vogue), but when they heard Vogue they thought were not making the same mistake as we did with Into The Groove this needs its own single release. And of course like the Like A Virgin era =(Vision Quest / Susan)  she had film projects to come out. Like A Prayer =(Bloodhounds Of Broadway / Dick Tracy).

Re: Like A Virgin, here in the states Angel & Dress You Up were def given the full single push/treatment the first two got. Hence holding back Groove for Angel. That album cycle was a juggernaut here out of the box.

And yeah as chaotic as that era was for them they totally tried to replicate its success in a more controlled manner w/her subsequent album cycles. Put out an album and right as it’s reaching its end get a couple new movie-related singles out just before she’s sent out on tour. 

2 hours ago, Oatty said:

Probably unrelated and i dont know if it's been mentioned but Causing A Commotion has the Silver Screen Single Mix up on the Universal Music Publishing website... You can listen to a short preview there too

https://www.umusicpub.com/us/Digital-Music-Library/song/175086/madonna-causing-a-commotion-single-screen-single-mix212977574_Screenshot_20240712_011832_com.android.chrome2.thumb.jpg.1df4f0d0825e55dac5eb7d786ed20a68.jpg

It also has Crazy For You listed with the 1990 single release tracklist. 💀💀💀 I’m gonna roast them on Twitter if they dare to release that Q-Sound Mix as a single AGAIN for the third time when we should be getting that damn 7" Edit and the OG album version.

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's funny to look back and see how the "Like A Prayer" album campaign derailed so much worldwide after the third single? They basically left every territory without a clear direction and each one took control: UK with "Dear Jessie", Spain with "Pray For Spanish Eyes" promo...

She came back with a bang with "Vogue" and nothing happened, but that short strange time between "Cherish" and "Vogue" probably was quite alarming for her and the company at the time after literally years of gold and excellent results with every single. "Oh Father" and "Keep It Together" not doing much in the US...

Agree though I imagine they went into it knowing the first three would anchor it and just figured they could all play it by ear from there lol.

I can sorta see the argument for Spanish Eyes here in the States being that it has the latin appeal plus that dramatic vaguely-issue song appeal that helped Martika’s Toy Soldiers keep EY from #1. Or Til Death, or Promise. Idk if anything would have been that much more substantial than what they went with tho. I think it was just destined to not have as many hits as TB. 

The Who's That Girl Dub sounds exactly like the one I had sitting in my collection! 👀 I think it's the one from the master tape that leaked.

I’m not complaining. I was always convinced that it was the best sounding source and it’s exactly what a digital source would and should sound like. 😍

4 hours ago, Oatty said:

Why is this via Universal and not Warner?

I see that the three Who’s That Girl tracks were Madonna’s YouTube channel 13 hours ago. But the view counts are all tiny, because they’re buried way down the list in the Releases tab as an ‘album’, so no one knows the new uploads are there. 

I presume that all of the plays are happening on the dedicated YouTube Music app though

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW