MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

The endless reissues discussion and Warner deal remind me of Ross & Rachel's "we were on a break" one in Friends.

I quite enjoyed discussing the possibilities and hopes.  I will admit that I thought something would have been released by now regarding re-issues, but I guess it will be a bit longer.  The Warner deal is still on, it's just not playing out as many of us fans wished or hoped. 

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

I quite enjoyed discussing the possibilities and hopes.  I will admit that I thought something would have been released by now regarding re-issues, but I guess it will be a bit longer.  The Warner deal is still on, it's just not playing out as many of us fans wished or hoped. 

i feel exactly the same - 2 years ago i was literally cumming in my pants at the thought of getting demos from the 80s soon and here we are 2 years later .... nada :( 

3 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

i feel exactly the same - 2 years ago i was literally cumming in my pants at the thought of getting demos from the 80s soon and here we are 2 years later .... nada :( 

Not that I tried to have expectations, but I can see how one's can be immensely lowered at this point. Again, the re-issues will eventually come, and my hope is that if the first one is taking this long, then it should be nice.  But again, the expectations aren't high at this point.  :coffee:

I'm still wondering if the Lucky Star remasters, which are better than the Everybody ones and Bordeline too, may be from the remasterd & expanded album. I guess now we'll have to wait for her b-day for maybe an announcement. It was just silly not capitalizing on all the press that anniversary produced to at least put a new remaster on streaming plateforms. 

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm still wondering if the Lucky Star remasters, which are better than the Everybody ones and Bordeline too, may be from the remasterd & expanded album. I guess now we'll have to wait for her b-day for maybe an announcement. It was just silly not capitalizing on all the press that anniversary produced to at least put a new remaster on streaming plateforms. 

I mean, every granny and their dog is putting out box sets and deluxe editions.  We now have forty years of "Holiday" (and quite a lot of disposable income between us!) and there is not even a peep..!  Such poor business sense in my place of work would be gross misconduct with possibly the firing squad already good to go.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Do we know who remastered Everybody? Same person as Lucky Star? 

8 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Do we know who remastered Everybody? Same person as Lucky Star? 

Probably, but the problem with Gambler and Everybody never was the remaster. It was the heavy dynamic range compression (creating distortion). The dynamic range compression in Lucky Star is soft. 

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Thats good news if Warner are doing that - ive always felt her numbers were way down(especially in the USA) be exciting to see how my fave albums real sales are (True Blue, LAP, Erotica & ROL) plus it might shift her closer to MJs sales too even though they are the queen and king of pop forever :) xx

If I'm correct, the sales of major artists like Madonna, aren't all always the most accurate as there is no way of surveying even every little record shop nationally.  So I suspect her sales are much higher, but that would be the case of a lot of other artists too.  :)

39 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Not that I can recall.

this is all I can find from at the time they were making FEL 

https://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2022/50-dance-remixes/

Madonna herself lets you know she’s currently in the studio working on 50 dance remixes of her #1s with Mike Dean and a little help from Honey Dijon.

Last week Madonna’s updates happened straight in her Instagram stories, with images captioned with a little present for my fans… coming soon! 50 #1s and You Can Dance! and videos of her listening to remixes of some of her hits.

These updates follow the ones she posted on Instagram right before Christmas last year, when she said it was
so great to be back in the studio making music again and warned us about suprises in the New Year.
At the time we saw her with Crave co-witer Swae Lee, Lauren D’Elia, Mike Dean and Jozzy.

https://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2021/in-the-kitchen-with-mike-dean/

15 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Probably, but the problem with Gambler and Everybody never was the remaster. It was the heavy dynamic range compression (creating distortion). The dynamic range compression in Lucky Star is soft. 

Yeah gambler sounds awful which is a shame as it’s the only true digital version of the 12” version - hopefully it’s added to the LAV re-issue along with warning signs 🥰😍😍

17 hours ago, adirondak said:

Didn’t Mike Dean post on Instagram around the time of FEL release that he was working on remastering 4 different Madonna albums? I could swear I remember something like that. 

If I recall correctly, he vaguely posted that he was working on 4 albums at the same time, but he wasn't clear they were all Madonna's.  Fans just assumed he was speaking of Madonna albums. :)

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Yeah gambler sounds awful which is a shame as it’s the only true digital version of the 12” version - hopefully it’s added to the LAV re-issue along with warning signs 🥰😍😍

I need Warning Signs as a b-side to crazy for you digital single.

8 hours ago, tscott said:

If I recall correctly, he vaguely posted that he was working on 4 albums at the same time, but he wasn't clear they were all Madonna's.  Fans just assumed he was speaking of Madonna albums. :)

It seems unlikely they were all Madonna. He does loads of work for other artists.

25 minutes ago, gst6662000 said:

where are the reissues ? with new content ? what is WARNER doing..... what's the supposed plan

It's all been cancelled. Even her health scare has been cancelled too. She's currently in the studio curating her next EP called "Revolutionary Contradictions". Track list is:

Candy Shop (Willy Wonka's skid-mark Mix)

Human Nature (Ain't No Big Deal Oldie but Goodie mix)

B-day Song (Making an announcement 7'' edit)

Spanish Lesson (No hablo español mix)

Batuka (non-live-demo-finished-early version)

Dear Jessie (Kanye West mix)

Vulgar (Sickick Beat Goes On a Frozen Vogue Vacation mix)

31 minutes ago, gst6662000 said:

where are the reissues ? with new content ? what is WARNER doing..... what's the supposed plan

The campaign already ended with all the vinyl releases and FEL for now. Rhino is releasing unique streaming things now like Lucky Star, to celebrate the 40 years of her first album.