MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

I would agree with you if her demo was actually any good. Have you listened to the leaked version? Her vocal is dreadful on it.

Sounds good to me (although it's just a LQ file). Also we don't know how many vocal takes were done before it was scrapped 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

And meant to appear in the shelved Madonna version of Warner's 12"ers + 2.

https://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2013/the-long-forgotten-unreleased-remix-album-2/

Well, it turned up on the Japanese DYU, and a compilation record, Revenge Of The Killer B's, but I don't know what month that album was released, just that it was in 1985.

But Ain't No Big Deal belongs on the first album, since it was one of her first professionally recorded songs, and meant to be her debut single. :)

1 hour ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Interesting discussions here 

Yeah I think none of us want her to do a Taylor swift and re record each of her early albums 

Best we wanted I think was her debut and demos getting remastered would've been fab to coincide with the tour ...but alas didn't happen and likely we won't really get it 

I was hoping we would get what Mariah did for her 30th a compilation of rarities on an album finally together presented like a new album ...but again didn't happen and likely won't 

I realize it's something Taylor has been doing, but it's not simply a "Taylor Swift" thing.  There have been many artists who have gone back and re-recorded some of their albums. Taylor's reasoning is most definitely an attempt to stick it to her record company being they are greedy. I actually applaud her for doing that because many record companies forget who their artist are and want to take control of their output, causing the artist to create content that isn't 100% their direction.  That all being said, I wouldn't mind Madonna re-recording some of her music or an album.  Of course, I prefer her to do it in a way where the production and arrangements of the songs would be different.  I really like what Alanis did with Jagged Little Pill. 

Would Madonna do this?  No, but we're all just putting our ideas and wishes out there. :)

58 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Well, it turned up on the Japanese DYU, and a compilation record, Revenge Of The Killer B's, but I don't know what month that album was released, just that it was in 1985.

But Ain't No Big Deal belongs on the first album, since it was one of her first professionally recorded songs, and meant to be her debut single. :)

This!  The song was meant for the debut album, and as you said, meant to be her debut song, but it ended up being a throw away.  But that's a story most avid fans know, so I can see how the record company without Madonna's input could include it with LAV or maybe True Blue since the song didn't become globally released until 1985/86 as B-sides and on 12 inches.

34 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I would love her to re record borderline and use the same production she used on the Jimmy Fallon appearance- that was such a great rendition imo - I think it’s similar to the tears of a clown version too

My favourite performance of this song, imagine if we had this on the sticky and sweet tour

41 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I would love her to re record borderline and use the same production she used on the Jimmy Fallon appearance- that was such a great rendition imo - I think it’s similar to the tears of a clown version too

This!  :luv:

27 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

My favourite performance of this song, imagine if we had this on the sticky and sweet tour

Completely forgot about this one; it's really lovely! Thanks for posting:hearteyes: I don't think this version would've worked on S&S. That show is such an assault on the senses, and the rock version fits that quite well. This versions feels much more Rebel Heart Tour, I think.

16 hours ago, Celebration said:

Yes. Papa Don't Preach in some terratories, and True Blue in others, but that was in 1986.

My point was that it was released in 1985 and that Ain't No Big Deal isn't a song from the True Blue era in 1986.

Pretender was the US b side for Papa Don't Preach

Ain't No Big Deal was the UK B side for Papa Don't Preach

Think of Me was the Japanese B Side for Papa Don't Preach

On 8/16/2021 at 9:05 AM, Shoful said:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone--career-spanning-partnership

“2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music, with the first release to be announced soon.“

THE GAYS FUCKING WON. WHO’S BIRTHDAY IS IT

We were all so happy that day....

On 2/4/2024 at 1:59 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I was ready for a new era pretty much from there like do you remember 7 years ago fan art of MAGIC by Madonna and saying she was working with Duke Dumont and Dev Hynes and Clean Bandit 

Imagine how that would've sounded 

madonna___magic_single_mock_up_by_ludingirra_dcbulr2-fullview.jpg

On 2/5/2024 at 7:50 PM, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I was ready for a new era pretty much from there like do you remember 7 years ago fan art of MAGIC by Madonna and saying she was working with Duke Dumont and Dev Hynes and Clean Bandit 

Imagine how that would've sounded 

madonna___magic_single_mock_up_by_ludingirra_dcbulr2-fullview.jpg

That artwork is definitely based on Britney's Glory