MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

9 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

This discussion is going nowhere at this point, so let's just agree to disagree :)

I completely understand the deal but my point was totally different and I believe it stays.. Announcements are being released literally daily, you are not limited to only one, you don't need to announce something 3 years in advance. So I still think they could have announced Madonna being back with Warner and all stuff planned in near future but without mentioning reissues if they are not coming yeeears later. Is all ;-) 

I don't think it's going nowhere!  My comments are completely valid and based off the actual Press statement. I don't see why they need to announce "re-issues" separately being it's all part of the same deal? They made a deal to house her whole catalog and curate new projects (which includes Re-issues).  It's simple as that.  They stated it was a "MULTI-YEAR DEAL".  I don't see why some fans are making this so complicated?  But it's apparent that they are only focusing on one specific part of the deal which is the re-issues.  Also, some are acting like NOTHING has come of this deal when that's just absolutely untrue.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I don't think it's going nowhere!  My comments are completely valid and based off the actual Press statement. I don't see why they need to announce "re-issues" separately being it's all part of the same deal? They made a deal to house her whole catalog and curate new projects (which includes Re-issues).  It's simple as that.  They stated it was a "MULTI-YEAR DEAL".  I don't see why some fans are making this so complicated?  But it's apparent that they are only focusing on one specific part of the deal which is the re-issues.  Also, some are acting like NOTHING has come of this deal when that's just absolutely untrue.

"I don't see why they need to announce "re-issues" separately being it's all part of the same deal?"

Do you see similar announcements happening for any other artists or being announced in a similar way by other companies? Because I cannot. 

Madonna being back with Warner = reissues. But noone was expecting or even dreaming of reissue before it was announced by Warner itself. 

And I still don't see point announcing it when nothing has come for 3 years. That's not how you announce things, how you built excitement, how you treat fans. At this point I am only repeating myself, but yeah, I am not against the announcement and other things being released (FEL, Mixshow Madame X live etc), but there was absolutely no point mentioning reissues if they are not coming for years. Simple announcement that Madonna is back with Warner would do as much. And then, when reissues are coming, you can simply make another one. That's how announcements work. That's why you are usually announcing things separately. Not making one announcement once in 3 years and then go dead silent. That's why we are having constant discussion about this topic because Warner messed it up. They could have expect the fans will go crazy re reissues once mentioned. 

4 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

"I don't see why they need to announce "re-issues" separately being it's all part of the same deal?"

Do you see similar announcements happening for any other artists or being announced in a similar way by other companies? Because I cannot. 

Madonna being back with Warner = reissues. But noone was expecting or even dreaming of reissue before it was announced by Warner itself. 

And I still don't see point announcing it when nothing has come for 3 years. That's not how you announce things, how you built excitement, how you treat fans. At this point I am only repeating myself, but yeah, I am not against the announcement and other things being released (FEL, Mixshow Madame X live etc), but there was absolutely no point mentioning reissues if they are not coming for years. Simple announcement that Madonna is back with Warner would do as much. And then, when reissues are coming, you can simply make another one. That's how announcements work. That's why you are usually announcing things separately. Not making one announcement once in 3 years and then go dead silent. That's why we are having constant discussion about this topic because Warner messed it up. 

Good lord, it's all part of the same deal. It's not ONLY about the re-issues!  I don't know why it's that hard for you to comprehend?  You're still stuck on one part of the deal.  Once again, MX  TOUR was distributed by them, so it was very much important why they would make an announcement for it all.  Why break it up when it's all part of the same deal?  I don't care what other artists are doing!  LOL! 

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Good lord, it's all part of the same deal.  I don't know why it's that hard for you to comprehend?  You're still stuck on one part of the deal.  Once again, MX  TOUR was distributed by them, so it was very much important why they would make an announcement for it all.  Why break it up when it's all part of the same deal!  LOL! 

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

8 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

10 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

And I still don't see point announcing it when nothing has come for 3 years

its happened something who change all..... but what......? 

11 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

Don't worry, you're very clear. That user just loves repeating the same AI-sounding essay over and over again for the past 280 pages refusing to accept that they need to let it GO. I totally get what you're saying, and I get what he's saying, but it's fricken monotonous and preachy at this point, as many people have pointed out besides myself. We all understand it!!!! How condescending to imply that we don't (which is why I'm pleased to be condescending in return). It's just a matter of execution and many of us feel like the execution has flopped. The end.

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Don't worry, you're very clear. That user just loves repeating the same AI-sounding essay over and over again for the past 280 pages refusing to accept that they need to let it GO. I totally get what you're saying, and I get what he's saying, but it's fricken monotonous and preachy at this point, as many people have pointed out besides myself. We all understand it!!!! How condescending to imply that we don't (which is why I'm pleased to be condescending in return). It's just a matter of execution and many of us feel like the execution has flopped. The end.

Look, I don't know what your deal is, but I've never been mean or nasty to you.  Yet, you are personally attacking me here.  My posts have always been on topic and never judgemental of how one chooses to post their opinion whether it's in a sentence or a paragraph.  Not only that I was simply stating facts, not being condescending.  It's interesting that you accept a lengthy reply from someone only if they favor your opinion.  Though, anyone else writing more than a few sentences that doesn't agree with you, you have to insult their writing length and style.  If there is any condescending going on here, it's coming from you.  Not once have I assumed others are generating "AI Sounding Essays" when sharing their opinion.  If you must resort to insulting and attacking people, then you lose any integrity and/or argument you have in this conversation. Lastly, I'm not here to fight, personally make fun of people or attack.  I'm here as a fan sharing my appreciation for an artist I greatly enjoy!  No doubt, our posts and opinions may get passionate and heated, but there is no reason for you to get so personally invested that you must attack others.  If my posts bother you that much, feel free to put me on ignore. I most definitely will return the favor from this point on.  Meanwhile, @maddy1111 and I are cool. We just don't agree on the same terms here, and I completely understand his and everyone's frustration about the lack of Re-issues so far.

40 minutes ago, Jackie said:

It is a little of a let down 35 years of LAP and nothing but a tweet lol. 

Not that I expected anything, but there still could have been something thrown to us for this anniversary.  I have to believe bigger and better things are on its way. :)

Let's say that they'll reissue the first album along with Like a Virgin this year, what do you think could be the tracklist?

Realistically, and if they're willing to package this as a boxset, they could do something like this.

CD 1 - ORIGNAL FIRST ALBUM WITH 4 BONUS TRACKS:

09-Ain't No Big Deal

10-Burning Up (Steve Bray Demo)

11-Everybody (Steve Bray Demo)

12-Ain't No Big Deal (Steve Bray Demo)

CD 2 - ORIGINAL LIKE A VIRGIN ALBUM (+ ITG)  WITH 4 BONUS TRACKS:

11-Desperately Seeking Susan [Unreleased]

12-Angel (Steve Bray Demo)

13-Over and Over (Steve Bray Demo)

14-Shoo-Bee-Doo (Steve Bray Demo)

CD 3 - THE REMIXES:

01-Everybody (UK 12" Mix)

02-Burning Up (12" Mix)

03-Lucky Star (US Remix)

04-Borderline (US Remix)

05-Like a Virgin (Extended Dance Remix)

06-Material Girl (Extended Dance Remix)

07-Angel (Extended Dance Remix)

08-Dress You Up (12" Formal Mix)

CD 4 - THE VIRGIN TOUR

Of course we can always wish for more but if these two albums are packaged together, this will limit the possibilities for the tracklist to be truly expanded as I don't see a 8 CD Boxset being released. Also, as much as I would like the Vision Quest tracks along with these, I feel like they won't get included, though I'd like to be proven wrong and have Crazy for You (with its Jellybean demo), Gambler (with its Steve Bray demo) and of course Warning Signs.

19 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Let's say that they'll reissue the first album along with Like a Virgin this year, what do you think could be the tracklist?

Realistically, and if they're willing to package this as a boxset, they could do something like this.

CD 1 - ORIGNAL FIRST ALBUM WITH 4 BONUS TRACKS:

09-Ain't No Big Deal

10-Burning Up (Steve Bray Demo)

11-Everybody (Steve Bray Demo)

12-Ain't No Big Deal (Steve Bray Demo)

CD 2 - ORIGINAL LIKE A VIRGIN ALBUM (+ ITG)  WITH 4 BONUS TRACKS:

11-Desperately Seeking Susan [Unreleased]

12-Angel (Steve Bray Demo)

13-Over and Over (Steve Bray Demo)

14-Shoo-Bee-Doo (Steve Bray Demo)

CD 3 - THE REMIXES:

01-Everybody (UK 12" Mix)

02-Burning Up (12" Mix)

03-Lucky Star (US Remix)

04-Borderline (US Remix)

05-Like a Virgin (Extended Dance Remix)

06-Material Girl (Extended Dance Remix)

07-Angel (Extended Dance Remix)

08-Dress You Up (12" Formal Mix)

CD 4 - THE VIRGIN TOUR

Of course we can always wish for more but if these two albums are packaged together, this will limit the possibilities for the tracklist to be truly expanded as I don't see a 8 CD Boxset being released. Also, as much as I would like the Vision Quest tracks along with these, I feel like they won't get included, though I'd like to be proven wrong and have Crazy for You (with its Jellybean demo), Gambler (with its Steve Bray demo) and of course Warning Signs.

Niceee!!!