MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

It's definitely not only about the material, it's actually both. For us, we are pleased with nice packaging, colored vinyls (or other format) etc. simply because it usually looks beautiful, but it doesn't mean we would say no to any music, it's part of that as well.

I guess we are the lucky ones here, since we are going to be pleased either Madonna re-releases for example Like a Prayer album reissue on purple vinyl (option 1) and we will buy it instantly, but we will be similarly pleased with Like a Prayer album reissue including 4 demos and previously unreleased songs (option 2).

So it's both, the music and the presentation of music itself, I am not sure why you are trying to push the narrative in your post like we are ONLY pleased with option 1 and we repel anything else. It's not true at all and kind of narrow-minded view

Actually, we might as well say you are the unlucky one here, since you cannot enjoy reissues such as FEL rainbow edition. But we can while waiting for another Madonna's project. 

Thank you! This was an accurate, clear, and well-explained response. Let's hear it for logically minded people!! :whip:

You really ate on the bold parts :Madonna014:

7 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

It's definitely not only about the material, it's actually both. For us, we are pleased with nice packaging, colored vinyls (or other format) etc. simply because it usually looks beautiful, but it doesn't mean we would say no to any music, it's part of that as well.

I guess we are the lucky ones here, since we are going to be pleased either Madonna re-releases for example Like a Prayer album reissue on purple vinyl (option 1) and we will buy it instantly, but we will be similarly pleased with Like a Prayer album reissue including 4 demos and previously unreleased songs (option 2).

So it's both, the music and the presentation of music itself, I am not sure why you are trying to push the narrative in your post like we are ONLY pleased with option 1 and we repel anything else. It's not true at all and kind of narrow-minded view. 

Actually, we might as well say you are the unlucky one here, since you cannot enjoy reissues such as FEL rainbow edition. But we can while waiting for another Madonna's project. 

Great, so you don't fit into the category of a collector who's more keen on coloured vinyl than unreleased songs.

In which case, I'm not sure why you felt the need to take it so personally and post a little essay about it.

1 minute ago, Starchild said:

Great, so you don't fit into the category of a collector who's more keen on coloured vinyl than unreleased songs.

In which case, I'm not really sure why you felt the need to take it so personally and post a little essay about it.

Clearly there was something wrong about YOUR post to make us feel this way. The blame is certainly all on you. You cast us as something we're not, and you're gonna get clapback when you do so. Period

On 8/13/2023 at 11:45 AM, Aiwa08 said:

I must be the only one who is happy with the digital maxi-singles, getting some "only available on vinyl" tracks from digital sources.  

I've been pretty pleased with these too. They haven't released everything I wanted, but no artist ever does. 

On 8/13/2023 at 1:45 PM, Aiwa08 said:

I must be the only one who is happy with the digital maxi-singles, getting some "only available on vinyl" tracks from digital sources.  

No you're not.  Though some are expecting for every possible edit and remix to be released.  It's just unrealistic because there isn't one artist out there that releases every single edit and remix digitally.  I am not going to say her her digital and streaming catalog is perfect, but it's definitely shaping up.  Unless you're a hardcore fan, no one cares about the multiple versions of an edit or remix available, espcially 7inch edit, single edit and remix edit.  LOL!  Many consumers aren't even aware of the differences. In fact, a lot of fans aren't and don't care either.

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

In which case, I'm not sure why you felt the need to take it so personally and post a little essay about it.

this is a forum where people are discussing, it's the whole purpose. Sorry but clearly something you are not capable to do based on these recent posts. 

You decided to put down a bunch of fans who are enjoying collecting Madonna stuff (different vinyls) in your previous post, and when it is even explained to you from 'our' perspective, you decided to blame further that we are the ones who "take it personally" and posting essays about it. While it was only a simple post with cultivated explanation presenting our point of view, nothing else. 

9 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Here is the one

Volunteer Hand Up GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Bless you! You understood my point.  Some may express interest in physical releases, but we're just as happy for what is offered for streaming and digitally as well.  Still, we all want things physically whether it's vinyl, cd, cassetter or DVD.  We want it All!! :party:

10 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

There’s many of us here that would love officially released stuff that has so far only been available on vinyl, released digitally. 

Don’t mind the Negative Nelly’s 

I don't think anyone is being negative here and I don't doubt some fans would love to have it, at all  :)

But that post was rather about me confessing that I am the one of the fans that is not aware of difference between 7' inch edit, single edit or remix edit,lol.

But never mind, i am going to stand in the corner for a while and feel ashamed. ;-) 

34 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I don't think anyone is being negative here and I don't doubt some fans would love to have it, at all  :)

But that post was rather about me confessing that I am the one of the fans that is not aware of difference between 7' inch edit, single edit or remix edit,lol.

But never mind, i am going to stand in the corner for a while and feel ashamed. ;-) 

I knew what you meant but most fans do know the difference between the remix versions and the album versions.

We do have ears. :)

Honestly, I've never seen a fandom more concerned with remixes than this one. I don't understand it. I'm not saying anything negative about you, I just don't get it. Remixes are like fake versions of songs to me. The artist had like nothing to do with that lol. I don't know a single other artist where fans care about remixes, it's kind of weird how much I hear about them in this community. Not hating here, it's just a perplexing mystery to me.

3 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Honestly, I've never seen a fandom more concerned with remixes than this one. I don't understand it. I'm not saying anything negative about you, I just don't get it. Remixes are like fake versions of songs to me. The artist had like nothing to do with that lol. I don't know a single other artist where fans care about remixes, it's kind of weird how much I hear about them in this community. Not hating here, it's just a perplexing mystery to me.

Exactly.

How anyone can like the 7” Remix of Express Yourself over the amazing album version is beyond me! :party:

27 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Get what you are saying, but it's not so much aa a  "fake version" but the remxes are an extension of the original.  While the original is most important, but we must remember the version you seem to think is the "original" version isn't always the case. A lot of artists will record a song which may be longer or extended, but is cut down for radio or album versions.  For instance, many songs/singles from ROL album were longer than what was released.  This is why Madonna was interested in releasing an exteneded remix album called Veronica Electronica.. The song  she recorded for ROL were much longer than what was released on the album

3 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I knew what you meant but most fans do know the difference between the remix versions and the album versions.

We do have ears. :)

Sure, no doubt about that.

But how I understood what was meant here is rather the relative "sameness" of the edits, not difference between the original song and remix. 

Of course, everyone can tell the difference between the original song and for example Paul Oakenfold remix. However, some fans such as me don't really care about and can barely tell difference between:

- 7" edit, single edit, radio edit, album edit of the same song 

Or 

- remix edit, remix radio edit, vocal edit, new edit of the same remix

:Madonna037: