"In France with Madonna" new 90min doc on french tv tonight

Redha DBL

It's very light but i wasn't expecting a lot from a Bangumi production, i was surprised they produced it, especially Laurent Bon, they are usually such Madonna haters... But the title is misleading, i thought they would study her work and show how french culture influenced her work. The absence of Mondino and Mirwais is really felt. The presence of Sophie Bramly was interesting on paper but it did not reveal anything, she used to hang out at the same spots as Madonna in NY in the early 80's.  At least it was positive.

72.jpg

I'm seeing it now .. I must say that the videos of the old performances have quite poor quality as an image .. they seem very badly retouched .. (we have much better files than those used by French TV) a clear example Holiday HIP HOP and the Maripol interview :

74.jpg

75.jpg

Some videos even seem to have been taken from You Tube (given the poor image compression)..there are some remarkable photos, however, like the one taken during the performance of Holiday HIP HOP and during the concerts:

76.jpg

77.jpg

From what little I have seen there is no exclusive material that a fan who has been following her since the beginning of her career could miss… could more have been done? I think so .. if it's a nice documentary compared to a thousand released on DVD with the usual things? let's say yes.The interviews are very interesting, but not those made to her which are always the same.

73.jpg

10 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

It's very light but i wasn't expecting a lot from a Bangumi production, i was surprised they produced it, especially Laurent Bon, they are usually such Madonna haters... But the title is misleading, i thought they would study her work and show how french culture influenced her work. The absence of Mondino and Mirwais is really felt. The presence of Sophie Bramly was interesting on paper but it did not reveal anything, she used to hang out at the same spots as Madonna in NY in the early 80's.  At least it was positive.

It was clearly positive and it surprised me too.........Loïc Prigent made me happy.......they chose a prism and were limited by copyright but this is not an empty 90 minutes documentary
we all know the facts but just hearing people who don't talk nonsense and who criticize her badly is already a positive point in itself. my friend told me she learned a lot on her journey