Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

10 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

But that's Madonna. She'd rather reinvent the title 1,000 times over than rehash the 2005 version over and over again. It's not as if she hasn't always done it this way. 

Over and over again, huh? It was only performed ONCE in its original form,  17 friggin years ago! 

1 minute ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing neither Material Girl nor like a virgin :angel:

I'd love them both in a singalong Medley with a few of those other type of songs.

Borderline / Material Girl / Like A Virgin / True Blue / Cherish .

Someone with a guitar. David or Mercy on Piano

Basically a tick box exercise so plough through the hits for the locals. Where the crowd does a lot of the work. 

True Blue Rebel Heart was a revelation so I can see more of that happening this time. 

Just now, steady75 said:

I'd love them both in a singalong Medley with a few of those other type of songs.

Borderline / Material Girl / Like A Virgin / True Blue / Cherish .

Someone with a guitar. David or Mercy on Piano

Basically a tick box exercise so plough through the hits for the locals. Where the crowd does a lot of the work. 

True Blue Rebel Heart was a revelation so I can see more of that happening this time. 

My dream would be a rock medley with dress you up, gambler and burning up :hearteyes:

If she doesn’t sing HU extended SDP remix with a purple leotard, golden balloons falling from the ceiling, and a sing a long contest among the front, the back, the left and the right of the arena, I want my money back!!! 

All the people in the back: time goes by so SloWly🎵 

Oh and dry humps a boombox too!!! IMG_6148.jpeg.0819579de586af694e5189bb2af9578a.jpeg

If she truly does the Tokischa version, that’s just bullshit. I’m sorry. But Hung Up is one of like 3 songs that should be a given in their original form on a Madonna greatest hits tour (along with Vogue and Like a Prayer). It’s one of the songs I’m most looking forward to and to say I’ll be majorly disappointed by that remix would be the understatement of the year.

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

This song is about a girl who claimed Jackson was the father of her child. Jackson based it on a woman who used to stalk him, writing him letters about a son she thought was his

While Jackson didn't give many details about the real Billie Jean, his producer Quincy Jones said that Jackson found the woman one day lounging by his pool with a bathing suit and sunglasses on. According to Jones, she accused Jackson of being the father of one of her twins, which Jones thought was pretty funny.

I always thought "Billie Jean" was about his brothers' experiences. I remember him saying that in an interview, and it's also what's on the song's Wikipedia page. 

8 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

If she truly does the Tokischa version, that’s just bullshit. I’m sorry. But Hung Up is one of like 3 songs that should be a given in their original form on a Madonna greatest hits tour (along with Vogue and Like a Prayer). It’s one of the songs I’m most looking forward to and to say I’ll be majorly disappointed by that remix would be the understatement of the year.

Oh she's definitely doing "Hung Up On T". And "Frozen on Fire", "Material GWORL", "Back That Up To The Beat", "Popular" and "Vulgar". You know she likes to do the recent stuff. And "La Isla Bonita". 

3 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Oh she's definitely doing "Hung Up On T". And "Frozen on Fire", "Material GWORL", "Back That Up To The Beat", "Popular" and "Vulgar". You know she likes to do the recent stuff. And "La Isla Bonita". 

I don't think she will sing frozen on fire, ther's not enough lyrics to sing :lol: