Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

30 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I don’t think an artist like Madonna should EVER do covers on her tours. Her discography is versatile and successful enough to fill up a setlist. It’s ALWAYS a waste ofbyime and space if she does cover songs.

That said, I think all of these covers will be incorporated into other songs.

Personally, I'm totally in love with her take on "Between The Bars." The one she did during the secretprojectrevolution presentation was good but not perfect, it was quite obvious that she took a lot from Chris Garneau (the arrangement was almost identical). It might have been a tad too dramatic, considering the song's about alcohol addiction, not a passionate, desperate cry. Her 2013 cover was more of a great vocal performance that made her shine rather than a spot-on and unforgettable interpretation.

But the version she performed at the first Tears Of A Clown show had a different vibe - it was more contemplative and melancholic (plus, I adore it when she sings in her mid-low chest range).
It was more acoustic and closer to Elliott Smith's original rendition. Personally, I thought that version was absolutely splendid. Unforgettable.

I'm usually not big on artists covering songs, but every now and then, a well-executed and unique cover adds a fresh twist to a track and becomes part of the artist's own repertoire.

4 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Did'nt she did that with Music? or whats just Disco Inferno?

Good memory… I think that was just the one lyric though that was sampled into the very top of Disco Inferno.  But it was just that one line, the title of the song.

Wait — tour is that?  I can’t tell its so grainy… It’s not confessions.

I am also saying — less covers the better.  She has too many hits and non-hits of her own I’d much rather hear.  And I loathe Michael Jackson.  Just despise at this point.  So dated.  And just so much better off left in the past.

Many of his song are absurd today.  Beat it?  (Him saving wannbe  gang members? Mwah ha ha hah ha. Sure.  REALLY?!). Billie Jean? (Yeah, dude. NOBODY thinks you ever actually slept with a woman period!”   

I'd totally love it if Madonna could do something like she did during the Rebel Heart Tour, where she performed acoustic or on-the-fly request songs... also not requests, just as she did in RHT: Take A Bow wasn't a request; she just rehearsed it few times and decided to sing it.

Of course, during the Rebel Heart Tour, the requests were songs she had already practiced, but they were rehearsed pretty quickly, maybe even just the day before.

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

"A song that deals with the loss of her mother" can also be Mother And Father and Mer Girl. It wasn't mentioned that that song was never performed.

Give It 2 Me has also been confirmed apparently.

I assumed when they said it was an older song about her mother that we're talking 80s - mid 90s but what you say is possible too if we're not talking really old like 98 - 03

1 hour ago, Markdonna said:

I am also saying — less covers the better.  She has too many hits and non-hits of her own I’d much rather hear.  And I loathe Michael Jackson.  Just despise at this point.  So dated.  And just so much better off left in the past.

Many of his song are absurd today.  Beat it?  (Him saving wannbe  gang members? Mwah ha ha hah ha. Sure.  REALLY?!). Billie Jean? (Yeah, dude. NOBODY thinks you ever actually slept with a woman period!”   

Was'nt Billy Jean about a stalker? :D

3 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

This tour is not to take literally as a hits tour. It's a celebration of her career, not a tour of number one hits (fortunately) but a collection of songs that make sense for her. 

Madonna will never propose something expected, she has too much need to surprise. In a way, her approach is more sincere than if she'd done a real "Greatest Hits Tour", and when you think about it, it's an approach that's very much like her. 

Yes, well maybe.

And this is totally BS from her and her team, this was marketed as a greatest hits to the general public.

We still don’t know what’s really coming it  

Do I care? no I don’t

Do I love her less? no I don’t 

Will I love the show? absolutely 

If true this approach is absolutely and undeniably her, yes it is. 100% on brand with M. 

So Leo, so Madonna, so queen of the universe. 

10 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Was'nt Billy Jean about a stalker? :D

This song is about a girl who claimed Jackson was the father of her child. Jackson based it on a woman who used to stalk him, writing him letters about a son she thought was his

While Jackson didn't give many details about the real Billie Jean, his producer Quincy Jones said that Jackson found the woman one day lounging by his pool with a bathing suit and sunglasses on. According to Jones, she accused Jackson of being the father of one of her twins, which Jones thought was pretty funny.

19 hours ago, Karma said:

Song from "Rebel Heart" that has never been performed before: "Hold Tight".

Oldie-but-goodie that deals with the heartbreaking topic of losing her mother: "Promise To Try".

Classic that she performed many moons ago: "Like A Virgin" / "Bilie Jean".

70s classic: "I Will Survive".

Mashup of one of her hits with another late 70s track: "Hung Up" / "Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)".

Current tune from an artist she has collaborated with in the recent past: "Unholy".

Just my guess.

Word for word my guess too. (Just the hung/gimme mash up i didn't think of but now that you mentionned it i want it so badly)

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

This song is about a girl who claimed Jackson was the father of her child. Jackson based it on a woman who used to stalk him, writing him letters about a son she thought was his

While Jackson didn't give many details about the real Billie Jean, his producer Quincy Jones said that Jackson found the woman one day lounging by his pool with a bathing suit and sunglasses on. According to Jones, she accused Jackson of being the father of one of her twins, which Jones thought was pretty funny.

Youre right Billie Jean Jackson as she called herself was a scary stalker she was caught after a restraining order in his garden and was almost shot ended up in jail. She said they were married and she had 3 kids with him. She was a crazy loony like madges fan that was shot in her garden. 

17 hours ago, deathproof said:

Another option for the 70s classic: Patrick Hernandez’s “Born To Be Alive”

Omg this makes total sense !! This is by extension because of this song that she has decided to give up on dancing to become a singer. If the show is indeed like a biography about her life then "Born to be alive" is 100% the 70's song.