Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

28 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

As there is no full band present, do we think Stuart will join her on tour or did he just create all the backing tracks? I don't know why but not having a band, I feel she will be lonely :lol: though there are still 100s of crewmembers left to chat with of course

There will be Kevin 

7 hours ago, Andymad said:

I just hope she uses some of Nikki and Donna’s vocals. No shade to her backup singers over the years, but they’ve never compared to those girls. Donna back for RIT and Confessions was wonderful.

In terms of blending I mean. They may be fabulous singers in their own right… but let’s be honest lol. Fabulous of M to try new things and give other singers the praise of a chance, and a great gig. But she should have been looking for the next Nikki and Donna. Not backup singers. You can’t just harmonize with Madonna. It has to be complimentary. Maybe that’s just the vocalist in me.

Having backing vocalists is much better than having a recorded voice, for multiple reasons. That being said, I also believe that Niki and Donna were perfect; they didn't overshadow her, of course they had a prominent space but they added a lot to Madonna's voice, blending perfectly with beautiful harmonies. After them, she had talented backing vocalists, but none as suited to her as Niki and Donna.

Nicki RIchards is good, but makes mistakes sometimes and she doesn't fit as well with as them.

2 minutes ago, Angelo said:

There will be Kevin 

Please... The absence of the band will be noticeable. Not everyone may notice it, but we music enthusiasts surely will. I really missed Brian Frasier-Moore during the MX Tour. Live drums in many songs make a difference. During the RHT, Brian was amazing. And in the requested/surprise songs, they always managed to do a great job. I'm also thinking of when they played "Rebel Rebel" or "Take a Bow."

I hope Price's musical direction is able to compensate for this absence

Okay.   Yeah, whatever. If I include interludes — which I actually DID allude to by saying two out of the three interludes were oldies as well. I didn’t name drop Hollywood because that was one of my favorite songs and I hated that remix and that it wasn’t sung… anyway if one includes interludes than it’s 17 songs to 6 plus a snippet of Intervention.

That more American Life songs were rehearsed is irrelevant.  Although I would love to have had I’M SO STUPID on the set list as it is SO her and simply a fabulously unique song of hers…

2 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Okay.   Yeah, whatever. If I include interludes — which I actually DID allude to by saying two out of the three interludes were oldies as well. I didn’t name drop Hollywood because that was one of my favorite songs and I hated that remix and that it wasn’t sung… anyway if one includes interludes than it’s 17 songs to 6 plus a snippet of Intervention.

That more American Life songs were rehearsed is irrelevant.  Although I would love to have had I’M SO STUPID on the set list as it is SO her and simply a fabulously unique song of hers…

The was almost more songs of American Life in Tears of a clown :silly:

Maybe in 2016 she eventually realized American life is her best album 

4 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Madonna - Re-Invention Tour 2004 (if it ACTUALLY were more of a greatest hits tour)

1. The Beast Within - Introduction
  2. Vogue
  3. Material Girl
  4. Nobody Knows Me
  5. Intro / American Life
  6. Express Yourself
  7. Papa Don't Preach
  8. (Love Profusion)
  9. Borderline
  10. Hollywood - Interlude
  11. Open Your Heart / Lucky Star
  12. Deeper And Deeper
  13. Die Another Day
  14. Take A Bow
  15. Erotica / Justify My Love - Interlude
  16. Frozen
  17. Nothing Fails
  18. Secret
  19. Like A Prayer
  20. Ray Of Light
  21. Intro / Into The Groove
  22. Like A Virgin
  23. Crazy For You
  24. Music
  25. Holiday

24 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

The was almost more songs of American Life in Tears of a clown :silly:

Maybe in 2016 she eventually realized American life is her best album 

I have to say, American Life is the rare record without a single skippable track for me.  Confessions (otherwise PERFECT) has PUSH. (Which always has me push the skip button.) EROTICA has several skippable tracks.  (WHERE LIFE BEGINS is the only one I can name off the top of my head. None of them even exist in my iTunes anymore.)  Like a Prayer for all its HIGHS has some real lows. LOVE SONG. (Madonna and Prince! What’s not to like? Turns out — PLENTY, sadly.) Oh, and SPANISH EYES which is just … eh… so not my thing.

But American Life is a listen all the way through record.  Even with a flawed title track —- her opening rage is pretty damn catchy.  Madame X is pretty much skip free in my book, too. 

TAKE A BOW.  This is a song that I secretly think Madonna just absolutely hates or something.  It’s curious.  It has a great video.  REALLY great.  So great it landed her EVITA.  And yet she almost never sings it on tour. Never on a set list.  Or even rehearsed.  Just occasionally requested. Honestly? Sometimes, I think she simply shares my opinion that it is trite and meh.  But she kinda even remade it with MASTERPIECE which echoes its themes, etc.   So she MUST like it’s themes…

If she doesn’t include it on the Celebration set list then I will have to assume she finds it just as boring as I do.

20 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

TAKE A BOW.  This is a song that I secretly think Madonna just absolutely hates or something.  It’s curious.  It has a great video.  REALLY great.  So great it landed her EVITA.  And yet she almost never sings it on tour. Never on a set list.  Or even rehearsed.  Just occasionally requested. Honestly? Sometimes, I think she simply shares my opinion that it is trite and meh.  But she kinda even remade it with MASTERPIECE which echoes its themes, etc.   So she MUST like it’s themes…

If she doesn’t include it on the Celebration set list then I will have to assume she finds it just as boring as I do.

I always kind of assumed that she resented how bowing down to popular demand and make an r&b record with the person everyone was working with at the time landed her her biggest no.1

28 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

It’s too hard for her to sing live I think. She has more ballads that are easier for her to sing and she tends to only ever do like two ballads per tour.

Nah… (You just hate that record. Wink. Wink.). She and Price did a podcast out of the blue a while back (but recently) where they both raved about how much fun they had with that record… and it sounded very legit. And I still say she created her best tour off of that record. So she certainly put a lot of thought and effort into it.

More — after a long absence, Price is BACK.

RIT was never a greatest hits tour.

Madonna usually performs 8 - 10 songs from her new album. For drowned world she did the three albums she never promoted on stage. She even called the tour ‘drowned world tour’ and not the ‘music tour’ There was simply no room for old songs. 

To some of y’all saying she listened to the backlash and gave us RIT, y’all know damn well she don’t give a fawk about y’all opinion. Y’all say stop wearing the grillz, she say fawk y’all Imma put it on the next cover of my album. Y’all say we want the original like a prayer version, she say Imma hip hop this bitch, now what? 

16 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It’s too hard for her to sing live I think. She has more ballads that are easier for her to sing and she tends to only ever do like two ballads per tour.

The reason is exactly this😬
At the AMAs, she performed it quite well, but she was nervous because it's one of the most challenging songs in her repertoire to sing, considering it immediately highlights her specific technical difficulties.

The first time she sang it at the Rebel Heart Tour, she sang it in the original key, including the bridge (But how was I to know which way the story goes).
She struggled a lot and missed a lot of notes from start to finish.

In the following performances of Take A Bow during the tour, she lowered the key and removed the bridge. Still, she had difficulty hitting several notes, and her performance was passable, thanks in large part to the substantial support from the backing vocalists. I understand why she doesn't feel up to it today. And with a vocoder she would disrespect the song.

8 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

RIT was never a greatest hits tour.

Madonna usually performs 8 - 10 songs from her new album. For drowned world she did the three albums she never promoted on stage. She even called the tour ‘drowned world tour’ and not the ‘music tour’ There was simply no room for old songs. 

To some of y’all saying she listened to the backlash and gave us RIT, y’all know damn well she don’t give a fawk about y’all opinion. Y’all say stop wearing the grillz, she say fawk y’all Imma put it on the next cover of my album. Y’all say we want the original like a prayer version, she say Imma hip hop this bitch, now what? 

No Easy ride, no I'm so stupid, no Love profusion, just a little bit on Intervention and she begins with Vogue instead of an American Life track, it was definitely a GH Tour 

20 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

It was reported by Caresse that after the AL video backlash they changed strategy with the release of R&R, to tone down her image and highlight her legendary status. The ads for RIT were teasing classics like Vogue, LAP, music, ITG so I'd say they definitely wanted to focus on her legendary body of work more than AL. But it still had plenty of AL in its setlist for sure, but it was also her most hits heavy tour to date and still is (maybe together with RH)

17 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

No Easy ride, no I'm so stupid, no Love profusion, just a little bit on Intervention and she begins with Vogue instead of an American Life track, it was definitely a GH Tour 

I mean she doesn’t perform all the songs from an album. 

Blond ambition: no promise to try or pray for spanish eyes. Girlie: no waiting or thief of hearts and bad girl. Drowned world: no runaway lover or amazing. All fan favorites. 

7 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

I mean she doesn’t perform all the songs from an album. 

Blond ambition: no promise to try or pray for spanish eyes. Girlie: no waiting or thief of hearts and bad girl. Drowned world: no runaway lover or amazing. All fan favorites. 

Blond Ambition was another time, since the Girlie Show, she was always priorizing the "present" on every tour, except during RIT. This is not a reproach, just an observation on my part.

Just a little update about the questions i had regarding @Dazedmadonna and his reliability. We've been talking via pm and now i understand his way of giving info without revealing too much. Fun fact is he's working with some people i know very well cause i've been working with those people too and it's totally their way to post a few info without ruining any suprise. I appologize for my suspicions 🤝🫶🙏

I dunno.  How is the really even up for debate?  Going off sheer numbers the RE-INVENTION seems pretty skewed towards old material in a way no show has before or since. With only 5 and 1/2 of the performed songs coming from AMERICAN LIFE.  So, that was only roughly 1/4 of the show…   So she did half of her new album.  5.5 out of 11.  Note: I am not counting interludes. As eh, I prefer singing.  

On her next tour she performed ALL of CONFESSIONS except two songs. So 10 out of 12 songs from the most current record were performed. 

Sticky & Sweet saw her sing 9 out of the 12 songs on HARD CANDY.

With MDNA, she belted out 8 of 12 new songs on the LP. Plus bonus track Beautiful Killer at that one-off show in Paris.

Even Rebel Heart — the massive double album with a whopping 19 new songs — saw 10 of them make the permanent set list.  With Ghost Town occasionally added, bringing the total to 11. 

Madame X was built around 12 of the 15 tracks off that album.