Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

On 6/8/2023 at 3:09 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

so her entering RHT from a cage in the celing (imo the cage is possibly symobilising her dislike of writing camps as evidenced on IG at the time / or the wider corrupt music industry as a whole) singing a song called iconic isn't iconic enough for you?

To be honest, that entering was a bit meh, the cage was cluncky, the outfit drowned her, the lighting on the cage drowing out the backdrop was also a bit amateurish, then it took forever for the cage to open, compared to say emerfing from the floor during Vogue or bursting out the mirrorball I would say it did lack impact. A bit the same for MDNA which also really didn't work for me

9 hours ago, scion said:

If she’s was going to do it, I feel it would only work as an ending of the main set prior to the Encore. 

I would actually love it as an outro to the new york section assuming there is a new york section, as it was about all her friends dying of Aids and that that kind of ended her period of night life there. It would be a nice segue from a dance section to a more introvert and serious one

10 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

To be honest, that entering was a bit meh, the cage was cluncky, the outfit drowned her, the lighting on the cage drowing out the backdrop was also a bit amateurish, then it took forever for the cage to open, compared to say emerfing from the floor during Vogue or bursting out the mirrorball I would say it did lack impact. A bit the same for MDNA which also really didn't work for me

Oh I agree the Iconic performance was not so so so impresive as other, but girl gone wild? OMG nobody could believe it. It was awesome!! 

4 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Oh I agree the Iconic performance was not so so so impresive as other, but girl gone wild? OMG nobody could believe it. It was awesome!! 

Once the song kicked in yes, it starts energetic and then after the chorus when the elevators are revealed, that moment is thrilling. But the actual opening lacked energy for me. It's just the MDNA stage that wasn't elegant, the middle screens opening too slow, and always the darkness behind with just a few lights made what must have cost a fortune look cheap. The whole floating confession booth looked ridiculous to me, and the opening of the curtain, taking off the veil, putting down the gun, it was just all slowing down the energy and making it look fussy. I understand the concept but the realisation could have been done more impactful

1 hour ago, Pretender1978 said:

Once the song kicked in yes, it starts energetic and then after the chorus when the elevators are revealed, that moment is thrilling. But the actual opening lacked energy for me. It's just the MDNA stage that wasn't elegant, the middle screens opening too slow, and always the darkness behind with just a few lights made what must have cost a fortune look cheap. The whole floating confession booth looked ridiculous to me, and the opening of the curtain, taking off the veil, putting down the gun, it was just all slowing down the energy and making it look fussy. I understand the concept but the realisation could have been done more impactful

we found covid patient zero. you lost your taste back in 2012

7 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I believe you meant to post in the Unpopular Opinions Thread, sir

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

What’s this? Is this real? Someone got in?

Are you serious?    :ahh:Do you even follow Madonna's Insagram account?  You are able to post every ridiculous image of Madonna that is super filtered by other Instagram accounts devoted to Madonna, but you have no idea where this coming from?  :salty:

14 hours ago, tscott said:

Are you serious?    :ahh:Do you even follow Madonna's Insagram account?  You are able to post every ridiculous image of Madonna that is super filtered by other Instagram accounts devoted to Madonna, but you have no idea where this coming from?  :salty:

To be fair, I don’t think Honey Little is an entirely genuine account, I think they’re a bit of a giggle or an exaggeration. 

I like them, they Highly amuse. 

11 minutes ago, scion said:

To be fair, I don’t think Honey Little is an entirely genuine account, I think they’re a bit of a giggle or an exaggeration. 

I like them, they Highly amuse. 

I figured so and that's why I haven't commented more on that person's posts.  It's just getting a little too ridiculous though.  

On 6/8/2023 at 9:09 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

so her entering RHT from a cage in the celing (imo the cage is possibly symobilising her dislike of writing camps as evidenced on IG at the time / or the wider corrupt music industry as a whole) singing a song called iconic isn't iconic enough for you?

Not when she started the previous tour by coming from the ceiling…

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I figured so and that's why I haven't commented more on that person's posts.  It's just getting a little too ridiculous though.  

‘Truly’

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Not when she started the previous tour by coming from the ceiling…

Plenty people have repressed that previous show.  Myself among them, except Revolver and Celebration which were incredible performances. I know most people don’t like Revolver but more it’s incredible, as is the performance. It’s the only lipsynched performance of hers I can honestly say I enjoy.