Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

1 hour ago, Justice said:

I wonder what Stuart Price will deliver. Considering he was great with mixing different songs on Confessions Tour, maybe he would make some megamixes.

It would be awesome if Madonna reprise his Like a Virgin Confessions Tour remix.

Like a Virgin I’m never that keen on in concert, but I’d love to hear an updated Erotica again. 

5 hours ago, Justice said:

I wonder what Stuart Price will deliver. Considering he was great with mixing different songs on Confessions Tour, maybe he would make some megamixes.

It would be awesome if Madonna reprise his Like a Virgin Confessions Tour remix.

That would be lazy. I don't want recycled reinventions we've already heard. I want new stuff

11 hours ago, scion said:

Like a Virgin I’m never that keen on in concert, but I’d love to hear an updated Erotica again. 

The last LAV wasn't that good, even though her solo performance was so energetic and fun it made up for the rather meh remix she used during RHT, but in general LAV has always been THE reinvented song, the eastern mix during BA, the fantastic Weimar rendition of GS, the electro pop of confessions and I absolutely adored the MDNA version. I would say, as much as I dislike the song in its original form I really love her live versions. I also always thought the opening line should be reprised for some kind of retrospective song or tour, "I made it through the wilderness" is such a statement for her carreer. Hell it could even be the opening song, it has never been used, and in the Stuart Price rendition of Confessions it actually starts with just two notes (obmitting the two counter notes) so it could work in the "those two notes" statement of Tony

3 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

The last LAV wasn't that good, even though her solo performance was so energetic and fun it made up for the rather meh remix she used during RHT, but in general LAV has always been THE reinvented song, the eastern mix during BA, the fantastic Weimar rendition of GS, the electro pop of confessions and I absolutely adored the MDNA version. I would say, as much as I dislike the song in its original form I really love her live versions. I also always thought the opening line should be reprised for some kind of retrospective song or tour, "I made it through the wilderness" is such a statement for her carreer. Hell it could even be the opening song, it has never been used, and in the Stuart Price rendition of Confessions it actually starts with just two notes (obmitting the two counter notes) so it could work in the "those two notes" statement of Tony

I thought the RHT one was great. Fun musical references to remixes / songs and good audience interaction.  

On 6/26/2023 at 2:17 AM, cosmic_system said:

I don’t know how you can say it sounds like an interlude when I can hardly hear the song on that clip. 

I don’t know why you can hardly hear the song when I can clearly hear it 🤷‍♂️

And I just meant the arrangement sounds like something for an interlude not that I think it’s going to be one. It’s probably the outro of the song.

Is that pic with Hold Tight lyrics at the start of this thread real? I can't imagine her performing that.

Also, when the tour was announced, Madonna asked fans what they would like her to perform and then she wrote these hits: Rescue Me, Physical Attraction, Like a Prayer, Papa Don’t Preach, Bad Girl, Lucky Star, Human Nature, Crazy For You and Erotica. Considering Crazy For You was rehearsed, I wonder if other songs are in the game.

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t know why you can hardly hear the song when I can clearly hear it 🤷‍♂️

And I just meant the arrangement sounds like something for an interlude not that I think it’s going to be one. It’s probably the outro of the song.

You can hear her saying crazy for you, and that’s the end of the song. 

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

You can hear her saying crazy for you, and that’s the end of the song. 

I have a feeling that was the end of the song, she was supposedly rehearsing.  There really isn't much more to assume to what the song's production is like or if it's a full song or interlude at this point.  All we know is the song is being included somehow.  Though, I can't imagine why this won't be performed in it's entirety being it's only been on two tours' set lists. 

I mentioned this at another post, but given her health, this isn't supposed to be snarky of a remark, but I genuinely think she should perform Give It 2 Me given her resilience and her will to continue amidst adversities and challenges throughout her life. "Don't stop me now, don't need to catch my breath, I can go on and on and on. When the lights go down, and there's no one left, I can go on and on and on. Give it 2 me, no one's gonna stop me." 

On 6/28/2023 at 3:35 AM, tscott said:

I have a feeling that was the end of the song, she was supposedly rehearsing.  There really isn't much more to assume to what the song's production is like or if it's a full song or interlude at this point.  All we know is the song is being included somehow.  Though, I can't imagine why this won't be performed in it's entirety being it's only been on two tours' set lists. 

Possibly because this time around she has to fit more songs in there? I think a lot of the ballads will be switched out for different dates and a lot of songs will be shortened to 2 or 3 minute long performances.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, dylanlioncourt said:

If she revisits the idea she had in RH of singing song during a slower moment of the show would be nice. She did Frozen at our show. Never did get to hear Ghosttown live.

I got one show when she brought back Who’s that girl and she did Ghosttown it was 🤩🤩🤩

4 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I got one show when she brought back Who’s that girl and she did Ghosttown it was 🤩🤩🤩

Ugh so lucky! I remember wondering if we'd get the medley section or she'd skip it. At our show she did it, WTG and then Frozen so I guess there's a silver lining. But so happy you got to hear Ghosttown!

6 hours ago, scion said:

Glasgow? ❤️❤️

Mexico City night one, it was very nice because the crowd asked for GT and she replied is Mexico ready for GT and to the roar of the crowd she complied. She was very emotional because it was the first night after the Rocco conflict and the audience was wild for her  

I think I got WTG in San Jose Ca. And the two Mex City nights. 

4 hours ago, dylanlioncourt said:

Ugh so lucky! I remember wondering if we'd get the medley section or she'd skip it. At our show she did it, WTG and then Frozen so I guess there's a silver lining. But so happy you got to hear Ghosttown!

Did you get the medley?

I've been lucky, I also got Sodade in MXT