VULGAR

deathproof

Hope this release strategy works cause I still think it's quite terrible.

I love the song and like it much more than "Popular" but with the snippets, then the full leak, the short videos... I mean it looks like it was released months ago and it's not even out yet.

Two more days to go...

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Hope this release strategy works cause I still think it's quite terrible.

I love the song and like it much more than "Popular" but with the snippets, then the full leak, the short videos... I mean it looks like it was released months ago and it's not even out yet.

Two more days to go...

I have a good feeling about this.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Hope this strategy works cause I still believe it's terrible.

I love the song and like it much more than "Popular" but with the snippets, then the leak, the short videos... I mean it looks like it was released months ago and it's not even out yet.

Two more days to go...

You mean the "strategy" is "terrible" right?  And I have to agree, especially if it was leaked on purpose.  The impact of it won't be the same if they just teased us this past week, and then dropped officially this Friday.  Unfortunately, whatever the case, I feel the impact won't be as strong as "Popular".  Also, they should have an official music video for it, because I think that would definitely help.  As much as fans love the song, we might have to realize the leak didn't do them any favors and I don't think the streaming numbers will be as strong as "Popular" has done in a short time.  But I hope to be proven wrong, and fans and the public will stream it just as much.  Though, I have a feeling the public will be less interested in this if not bash it more than they are doing "Popular".

1 hour ago, tscott said:

You mean the "strategy" is "terrible" right?  And I have to agree, especially if it was leaked on purpose.  The impact of it won't be the same if they just teased us this past week, and then dropped officially this Friday.  Unfortunately, whatever the case, I feel the impact won't be as strong as "Popular".  Also, they should have an official music video for it, because I think that would definitely help.  As much as fans love the song, we might have to realize the leak didn't do them any favors and I don't think the streaming numbers will be as strong as "Popular" has done in a short time.  But I hope to be proven wrong, and fans and the public will stream it just as much.  Though, I have a feeling the public will be less interested in this if not bash it more than they are doing "Popular".

Yes, I meant the promo/release strategy, with the endless official snippets and the whole leak. It worked with "Unholy" so maybe they know what they're doing. I hope so.

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

No idea xd - But it also had the pre release snippets and hype.

Yeah, I have my doubts this is going to big as some fans hope.  This definitely will have a lot more hate thrown at it than "Popular' will, so that might kill the interest as well.  But I will say, that I'm on the fence regarding the "hate" killing it because sometimes that can only help songs do better.  My fear is that since it's already leaked it may not be streamed as much. 

Sometimes we gotta have faith in the songs. She could release another Hung Up today and we'd all be worried whether it would get streamed enough. Vulgar is exactly the song I'd expect those two to make. It makes an impact and it's of very replayable value. Even if it doesn't make a single wave in the charts, I'm really happy they made it. I trust it will do good though.

1 minute ago, Blue Prince said:

Sometimes we gotta have faith in the songs. She could release another Hung Up today and we'd all be worried whether it would get streamed enough. Vulgar is exactly the song I'd expect those two to make. It makes an impact and it's of very replayable value. Even if it doesn't make a single wave in the charts, I'm really happy they made it. I trust it will do good though.

Don't get me wrong.  I still think Vulgar will makes some waves.  I'm just worried about the "replayable value" and the possibility radio will be less inclined to play it.  Being it leaked, and most of the fans already have it, that will definitely kill the streaming chances.

But like you, I'm glad they made it.  It's a fun and campy song.  I just wish it didn't leak.

5 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

Yes.

This song has a much higher replay value than Popular.

Its kitsch and the gheys will eat it up and wanna play/watch (if there’s a video), over and over.

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

Don't get me wrong.  I still think Vulgar will makes some waves.  I'm just worried about the "replayable value" and the possibility radio will be less inclined to play it.  Being it leaked, and most of the fans already have it, that will definitely kill the streaming chances.

But like you, I'm glad they made it.  It's a fun and campy song.  I just wish it didn't leak.

Back That Up was out for years. Yes To Heaven by Lana was out for years. So apparently it's how you reintroduce your music to the public. Personally I don't know where to find the whole song yet but it doesn't really matter whether the fans have it when the fans who still care are like two hundred :silly:

As for the radio idk, I live in a non English speaking country where they don't care as much about the lyrical content. Started off my teens listening to Rihanna's S&M on heavy rotation. I think I will be hearing it this one too here :kissy:

19 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

Back That Up was out for years. Yes To Heaven by Lana was out for years. So apparently it's how you reintroduce your music to the public. Personally I don't know where to find the whole song yet but it doesn't really matter whether the fans have it when the fans who still care are like two hundred :silly:

As for the radio idk, I live in a non English speaking country where they don't care as much about the lyrical content. Started off my teens listening to Rihanna's S&M on heavy rotation. I think I will be hearing it this one too here :kissy:

Good points.  And I still think the song will have an initial strong impact especially with the fans.  I think the general public won't latch on this and stream this as much as the Popular song.  It could be interesting for @Prayer show the comparisons between the two songs once it's released for several days to see which impacted more and faster as well as continue to grow.  I also see more of a negative impact for Vulgar due to its content as well.  So while the gays might replay it over and over, but how much will it actually impact the streams especially if many of them already have downloaded and have played it for a week already?  The general public seems to be the real key here for this song to blow up.  It also needs to have radio appeal which I don't think it does compared to how Popular came out of the gate. But again, I hope to be proven wrong here.  It's a campy fun Sam and Madonna song.  We'll have to see what happens in the coming days.  If anything I'm excited about it because whatever happens, it still brings more attention to Madonna's catalog. 

And @wtg1987I'm curious where you stand on the acceptance of this song.  I know we don't see eye to eye on where she is in her career today, but where do you think this song stands for you?

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic