POPULAR

2 minutes ago, artlover said:

This is the ride I wish Madonna would take musicwise. This song has a GREAT beat, lyrics and she looks extremely hot in the video, still provocative, and yet she doesn't seem desperate as she did with Tokischa and that Gworllll remixes. She's absolutely great and in my opinion she could learn a little from The Weeknd.

They ALL learned from her.. She did it all allready 

7 hours ago, sara94 said:

Manifesting that M15 will have the same vibe at least in terms of style / look. 

VideoCapture_20240216-155656.jpg

VideoCapture_20240216-155949.jpg

VideoCapture_20240216-155919.jpg

Can I get an "Amen" in how great she looks in this video!  I can't stop watching it.  The song is so good before the video and it's just as great now.  I can't believe the life this song has had.  This is rare these days.  Songs come and go quickly, so we should relish the fact this song has gone on for a year now and still making waves. What's cool is that while The Weeknd is a huge in the music world these days, this song was not pushed in a conventional way.  Most songs get their videos early on, but in this case, it came so much later, which will only extend the life of this song more.  It's always they included in a popular game which will only blow this video and song up more.  I'm so glad Madonna was part of this!  She deserves this! :luv:

As much as i like "Popualr" and as glad i am it was successfull among young kids, let's keep it in mind that a big part of its success is due toTheWeeknd, which is one of the most successful artist currently. Before wishing an album full of "Popular" maybe we should think twice. Will it really work as Madonna solo tracks ?  Or maybe, and i wouldn't be suprised by that, she's considering relying on big names as feat on all the singles. That said, i believe she will mix rnb with up tempo tracks (Max Martin for example). I wanna hear her take on the 90's dance sound that is hot currently (Break my soul, Yes and ?, Peggy gou etc...), I mean she did it like a queen 30 years ago so she can show everyone how it's done again. I still have in the corner of my head the idea that one way or another she will sample Inner City's "Good life" in a new track. She loves the song so much it just has to be. 

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

You quoted the wrong person, i've never said that.

I believe at least she has recorded some stuff with Honey Dijon because Honey Dijon mentionned it while promoting her last album. 

Sorry, I read someone writing that there is no music coming, that she just worked on one song with Max Martin, and I thought it was you. Sorry again, my mistake :)

2 hours ago, androiduser said:

Madonna looking AMAZING in the video!! do we know when this was shot? it's obvious they shot their scenes on separate occasions

Wasn't there a mention of the video being filmed in late September or October which some wrote off as a rumor?  I'm wondering if that's when it was filmed. It would make sense since many videos tend to get the "treatment" for about three months before they are released.

3 hours ago, androiduser said:

isn't that a bit too close to her still recovering from the infection? She definitely looks like it was shot post-infection, but maybe a bit closer to her full recovery?

It was the 9th August apparently....she posted pics on her Instagram wearing to same outfit

OMG, besides loving the songs since first day, I think it´s unbelievable she can look like this today, it´s a bit like the Madonna of the 2004 grammies again, a bit like the LAP photoshoot Madonna, only that blonde. WOW. And to think she was looking so strange and bad not so many months ago. 

The glamorous diva is really back, and the song is amazing, her vocals so inflectious, smooth, and sexy as always. More things like that please.

4 hours ago, Spanky1995 said:

It was the 9th August apparently....she posted pics on her Instagram wearing to same outfit

Just because it’s the same outfit does it necessarily mean this video was filmed then? It seems too soon after her hospitalization to me.

Plus why did it take so long for it to come out?

8 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

As much as i like "Popualr" and as glad i am it was successfull among young kids, let's keep it in mind that a big part of its success is due toTheWeeknd, which is one of the most successful artist currently. Before wishing an album full of "Popular" maybe we should think twice. Will it really work as Madonna solo tracks ?  

Well put it this way, it will work better than Madame X.

But also, she doesn’t need to have a massive hit. Just making music we fans love will be a huge improvement on recent times and do a lot to raise her profile.

7 hours ago, stefo said:

Sorry, I read someone writing that there is no music coming, that she just worked on one song with Max Martin, and I thought it was you. Sorry again, my mistake :)

It's ok, don't worry :)

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

So wtf did they sit on it for this long

I wonder if they wanted to reciprocate Holiday's single release hahahah even though that one did not get a video (because MTV did not play "disco" videos)

Maybe that's because they wanted to have time pass between the song and the tv show so they wouldn't be associated since The Idol flopped and was on all the worst of the year lists.

24 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

It's ok, don't worry :)

I wonder if they wanted to reciprocate Holiday's single release hahahah even though that one did not get a video (because MTV did not play "disco" videos)

Maybe that's because they wanted to have time pass between the song and the tv show so they wouldn't be associated since The Idol flopped and was on all the worst of the year lists.

Whatever the reason it's way too late. Sure it does no harm to release a video now but 8 months after it won't have any massive "new" effect. If the song had flopped then you could think it could help to make the hit happen, but as the song was very Popular (no pun intended !) there's no way kids start to play it on heavy rotation again. Then again it won't do any harm and Fortnite will bring some more streaming so i guess it's an extra bonus for the streaming numbers. I just can't help thinking of how even bigger the track would have been of they had release the video at the release of the song... 

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

Whatever the reason it's way too late. Sure it does no harm to release a video now but 8 months after it won't have any massive "new" effect. If the song had flopped then you could think it could help to make the hit happen, but as the song was very Popular (no pun intended !) there's no way kids start to play it on heavy rotation again. Then again it won't do any harm and Fortnite will bring some more streaming so i guess it's an extra bonus for the streaming numbers. I just can't help thinking of how even bigger the track would have been of they had release the video at the release of the song... 

The song just reached top 10 in the uk only a few weeks ago.

Also longevity for songs in the charts is more common these days and some of those songs that linger around forever end up bigger hits than stuff that peaked above it.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic