POPULAR

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

The song just reached top 10 in the uk only a few weeks ago.

Also longevity for songs in the charts is more common these days and some of those songs that linger around forever end up bigger hits than stuff that peaked above it.

Ok why not then. After all i'm only talking about France, and i know that here kids were really into the song last summer but they have moved on now. 

On 6/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, animalinstinct said:

This is the way the industry has changed over the years. I suggest you all get used to it.

Madonna certainly isn’t the only one teaming up with other artists for remixes or for reissues.

She is about to chart again for the first time in such a long time and has hit an all time daily peak on Spotify…and yet her fans still find something to complain about. 

Remember this @animalinstinct. This was back in June when you said this. The song still going pretty song and now a video!  Woo-hoo!  No song goes on like this without genuine interest from the general public.

On 2/17/2024 at 3:19 AM, MPowered said:

I remember people thought Vulgar was gonna be the bigger hit. 🤭🤭🤭

Come on! They are two totally different things. Popular is a song whose deep lyrics talk about a social phenomenon such as the desire to be famous at all costs and how people can feel that their lives only have meaning if they have fame on their side. While Vulgar was a meaningless experiment whose only objective was to praise vulgarity as if that had any merit.

That's why I love Popular's success. As for the video... I prefer to reserve my opinion for later but yes, Madonna looks spectacular and beautiful as always. In that aspect she has never disappointed me and she never will because she is not one of those famous people who as the years go by neglect their physical appearance and become a walking monstrosity. No, Madonna is not that kind, fortunately.

3 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I’m loving this song and video! It makes me long that much more for a new Madonna album!  :fire:

And sign me up if she collaborated with The Weeknd for the whole album.  Can you imagine what sorta album those two could produce with their creativity and vision?

26 minutes ago, McDonna said:

And sign me up if she collaborated with The Weeknd for the whole album.  Can you imagine what sorta album those two could produce with their creativity and vision?

14 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

You can say that again! I would just love it!! :fire:

an entire album would be amazing.......like for the hard candy era with an album full of feats........

2 minds full of creativity like M and the weeknd would be THE ALBUM........

Btw the weeknd gh the highlights deluxe are going very very well on streaming with more than 30 millions streams daily......... for a total of 35+ billion streams......

6 hours ago, McDonna said:

And the thing is, I don't know how many people here are actually familiar with the Weeknd outside of big hits that everyone knows or popular but he uses some really incredible production on his albums with these cinematic outro passages, vocal effects and spoken word, much in keeping with Madonna's style, they totally need to work together in a big way. Unlike a lot of her other collabs, The Weeknd is actually a serious artist with concepts and storylines behind his albums. He and Madonna could really create something great together if they wanted and the commercial success would not hurt either. The production on this track goes really hard. It is basically about the characters drug overdose which then segways into Blinding Lights where he is being rushed to the hospital.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic