Just a thought about Mirwais

Redha DBL

For me Mirwais is special, some call him a genius of electronic music and I somehow agree.

I love every track he has done with M, the American Life album is a timeless masterpiece and they created one of the best, most significant and outstanding Bond Themes ever. Many of my all time favorite M songs were done with him, especially album tracks. Paradise (Not For Me) still gives me such an indescribable, chilling and cozy feeling as it has back in 2000, when I listened to it for the 1st time, I love what they have come up with on Madame X and I really hope they will work together again. I also like most of Mirwais' solo stuff and what he has done with/for other artists such as YAS.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry? Mirwais is the most diverse of her producers, something you can’t say about Orbit. Yes his works on American Life is an upgrade on his work on Music, but that’s because it’s what she wanted. His work on Madame X is totally different. Same for his works on the Confessions demos.
Also the demo version of Don’t Tell Me has nothing to do with the final version on the albums, so what’s your point really? 

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don't love her "Mirwais" eras, but in my opinion he did a few amazing songs: "Paradise (not for me)" "Don't Tell Me" "Love Profusion" "Mother and Father" "Nothing Fails" and "Easy Ride"

Paradise and Easy Ride, I would take over any Madonna hit. The two best tracks she has ever recorded. 

Period

The evidence speaks for itself....

MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Music

Impressive Instant

I Deserve It

Nobody's Perfect

Don't Tell Me

Paradise (Not for Me)

American Life

Hollywood

I'm So Stupid

Love Profusion

Nobody Knows Me

Nothing Fails

Intervention

X-Static Process

Mother and Father

Die Another Day

Easy Ride

Future Lovers

Let It Will Be

Fighting Spirit

Super Pop

It's So Cool

Medellín

Dark Ballet

God Control

Batuka

Killers Who Are Partying

Extreme Occident

I Don't Search I Find

9 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Music

Impressive Instant

I Deserve It

Nobody's Perfect

Don't Tell Me

Paradise (Not for Me)

American Life

Hollywood

I'm So Stupid

Love Profusion

Nobody Knows Me

Nothing Fails

Intervention

X-Static Process

Mother and Father

Die Another Day

Easy Ride

Future Lovers

Let It Will Be

Fighting Spirit

Super Pop

It's So Cool

Medellín

Dark Ballet

God Control

Batuka

Killers Who Are Partying

Extreme Occident

I Don't Search I Find

Wow! It you order it like this, it's even more amazing run! Madonna and Mirwais, they are match made in heaven clearly 

36 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Music

Impressive Instant

I Deserve It

Nobody's Perfect

Don't Tell Me

Paradise (Not for Me)

American Life

Hollywood

I'm So Stupid

Love Profusion

Nobody Knows Me

Nothing Fails

Intervention

X-Static Process

Mother and Father

Die Another Day

Easy Ride

Future Lovers

Let It Will Be

Fighting Spirit

Super Pop

It's So Cool

Medellín

Dark Ballet

God Control

Batuka

Killers Who Are Partying

Extreme Occident

I Don't Search I Find

Well, that just confirm my thoughts. This looooong list of tracks and only one real success... this is my opinion and i knew i would probably be the only one thinking that way among her all fanbase where Mirwais is like a God producer but that's ok, i'm used to it. I usually think differently than the majority and i don't do it on purpose, i probably come from a strange planet 😂

14 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Well, that just confirm my thoughts. This looooong list of tracks and only one real success... this is my opinion and i knew i would probably be the only one thinking that way among her all fanbase where Mirwais is like a God producer but that's ok, i'm used to it. I usually think differently than the majority and i don't do it on purpose, i probably come from a strange planet 😂

Music and Don't Tell Me were both massive hits.

Plus, American Life & Madame X were never going to have commercial appeal. And there were 4 albums between those albums, where she either didn't collaborate with Mirwais, or his songs weren't singles. So I dont think it's very fair to say he's a "flop."

20 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

No, you don't. :cute:

If we're measuring the producers work based on commercial success, Mirwais would be at the same level of Orbit, really. With Orbit, she had four worldwide smashes: "Frozen", "Ray Of Light", "The Power Of Goodbye" and "Beautiful Stranger". We could add "American Pie" in Europe.

With Mirwais, she had three worldwide smash hits: "Music", "Don't Tell Me" (which was huge too) and "Die Another Day".

But the big commercial appeal of both of them lasted for just two years, really.

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Music and Don't Tell Me were both massive hits.

Plus, American Life & Madame X were never going to have commercial appeal. And there were 4 albums between those albums, where she either didn't collaborate with Mirwais, or his songs weren't singles. So I dont think it's very fair to say he's a "flop."

Music was massive. Don't tell me was a good success but not as massive as music and it was the follow up to Music with the same look so it has also took gain from it, just like Sorry with Hung up. Anyway, i look at the big picture and it says that the guys is one of the producers who has made the most tracks with Madonna and in the end only one was a massive hit. If i go to a restaurant and out of 30 times i eat wonderfully just one time then i'll say the chef is not that good.

20 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Don't tell me was a good success but not as massive as music

Yes it was. Don't Tell Me did amazing on Top40 & Hot AC radio. It spent eight weeks in the top ten on the Hot 100 and made gains at radio for three months straight (one of her longest-growing hits at the time since "Take A Bow"). It was played by pretty much every Hot AC station for at least 3-4 yrs non-stop. It got amazing recurrent airplay on that format from 2001 until the mid 2000's. To top it all off, it is easily Madonna's biggest hit on the Adult Top 40 chart, where it peaked at #4, which back during that time, was her only top 5 single on that chart.

Outside of the US, it was a top 10 hit in 15 countries.

Release rollout and strategy (and it's chart peak) does not equate a songs success, and more importantly, it's longevity...

9 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

David Bowie didn’t really have hits till Let’s Dance in in the 80s. This probably means everything he did in the 70s was shit, right? 😂

Not the same, Madonna already had hits before Mirwais and had hits again after him. I just that considering the important number of tracks he has made for her the results are not that good in terms of success. if the guy had produced 8 tracks for that discussion wouldn't even exist, but damn, the guy has made like more than 30 tracks for her... People can say what they want that won't change my mind that the guy is not that brilliant and really overrated. His electronics beeps and stop and vocoded voices once were cool but that's about it... To me he lacks some elements that make classic Madonna cuts, most of all great melodys and hooks, that warm something. 

31 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Not the same, Madonna already had hits before Mirwais and had hits again after him. I just that considering the important number of tracks he has made for her the results are not that good in terms of success. if the guy had produced 8 tracks for that discussion wouldn't even exist, but damn, the guy has made like more than 30 tracks for her... People can say what they want that won't change my mind that the guy is not that brilliant and really overrated. His electronics beeps and stop and vocoded voices once were cool but that's about it... To me he lacks some elements that make classic Madonna cuts, most of all great melodys and hooks, that warm something. 

What’s the point of the thread if you just go on and on with your point of view and you don’t even try to understand what we are saying? Ok Mirwais is shit, move on. 

As if success equals quality...
You are free to dislike his work with Madonna without the need to justify it by the lack of commercial success.

If Madonna wanted to work with a producer just because he brings the hits, she wouldn't have worked with more than half of her collaborators in the first place, as many of them got their first mainstream/Top 40 hits with her.

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

What’s the point of the thread if you just go on and on with your point of view and you don’t even try to understand what we are saying? Ok Mirwais is shit, move on. 

There's a difference between understanding a point of view and agreeing with it. I understand the points of view but nothing i have read made me wanna change mine.

I wish she releases hummmmhummhummm 76 tracks with Sickicks and i'll be back in 2038 to tell y'all they didn't aim at being sucessfull  

Nicki Minaj Yes GIF

Posting that gif makes me think that Nikki never gave her a hit neither. Next on the black list (or maybe i should open a thread about it ? What do you think guyyys ?!)