The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

28 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I don't think many are "surprised" by it.  It's some are noticing it very much on some songs such as you pointed out in Everybody.  Like you, many of us can clearly see she's miming to some of these songs.  Sometimes, not in its entirety, but it's clear she's relying heavily on pre-recorded vocals to at least elevate her live vocals.  Stuart made no secret that they are using backing tracks, using some of the original vocals from those songs with a number of these performances. Even with Bad Girl, you can hear a backing vocal playing as she's singing along with it.  I won't pretend I prefer to hear her live organically without the help of those backing tracks, but it is what it is. Like you mentioned, sometimes those whispered or lover vocals for Justify My Love or Erotica need to be mimed as it would probably be hard to hear her if she tried to duplicate them live.

Even with the backing tracks you can clearly hear her singing live over it. And songs like Bad Girl or I will survive for example does not have backing tracks, maybe some backing vocals but thats it, and she sounds great. Even when she sang little star accapella she sounded great. 

44 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

yes I dont mind backing tracks either, makes everything sound profesional like album quality. Id take her lipsync anyday, better than live husky vocals.

We are the total opposite.

29 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I agree with you, and I would also prefer to hear her singing everything live. However, her vocal quality has diminished over the years due to various factors, so I understand that now she may not be able to sustain an entire show with live singing. Moreover, after a tour during which she sang almost everything with the aid of live autotune, I would rather see her miming to her '82 vocals :lol:

She isn't miming to 82 vocals. You can hear he, her mic is just so low.

26 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It also looks like everywhere has taken the December dates off sale to shift the remaining seats for the next three nights. Sneaky

They're officially sold out this week, what's for sale are just add on seats and they aren't going to care about those shifting.

10 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Choreography, scenography and many other things command that some parts of the vocals are lipsynced on 100% of the big production tours, whoever the artist. This is not up for debate and this is not something people who claim to be experts should be surprised of.

I'm not sure anything choreography wise. in the new show necessitates playback. I mean one example is Nothing Really Matters, surely that should be more audibly live?

As a lot of you have pointed out, those (horrible) live streams and initial video clips had a negative impact on quite a few fans including myself, feeling kind of underwhelmed by the show. The official Live Nation clips and other amateur videos that have surfaced later on, have made me re-evaluate the show and I think that watching it live in november will make me appreciate it even more.

I don't mind her dancing less than on previous tours because she cannot sustain heavy choreos anymore and this is completely understandable and I don't want her getting severe injuries again.

I do feel though that parts of the show like the ending feel kind of rushed and even the setlist does not really flow that well. Maybe because I cannot see a narrative this time around? It feels kind of like a Spotify playlist rather than a well thought song order. Maybe songs like Rescue me or Express yourself before BIM/Celebration would have worked better for example. Other segments like the Erotica/ JML / HP part are just fantastic and I loved the chair choreo on Open your heart.

The costumes are also not very creative, I do love the NRM outfit, the silver catsuit and the black corset outfit. Others just seem like outfits that she always wears for Instagram posts, so nothing really special.

Anyway, can't wait for tonight's show to see what surprises she may have in store for us and can't wait to see her live in november :)

I think some of you should watch more video's of the opening show because you can clearly hear her sing live on the majority of the songs, and yes there are backing tracks but not on every song. And singing live to a backing track is still singing live. But on some video's from the same song you can hear big difference, it depends on the sound quality of that video. Example is live to tell,  on some video's her live vocals are more in the back, while on others you can hear them more up front. 

5 minutes ago, SonnyX said:

As a lot of you have pointed out, those (horrible) live streams and initial video clips had a negative impact on quite a few fans including myself, feeling kind of underwhelmed by the show. The official Live Nation clips and other amateur videos that have surfaced later on, have made me re-evaluate the show and I think that watching it live in november will make me appreciate it even more.

stephmdna in YouTube has great videos 

1 minute ago, SonnyX said:

I don't mind her dancing less than on previous tours because she cannot sustain heavy choreos anymore and this is completely understandable and I don't want her getting severe injuries again.

I do feel though that parts of the show like the ending feel kind of rushed and even the setlist does not really flow that well. Maybe because I cannot see a narrative this time around? It feels kind of like a Spotify playlist rather than a well thought song order. Maybe songs like Rescue me or Express yourself before BIM/Celebration would have worked better for example. Other segments like the Erotica/ JML / HP part are just fantastic and I loved the chair choreo on Open your heart.

The costumes are also not very creative, I do love the NRM outfit, the silver catsuit and the black corset outfit. Others just seem like outfits that she always wears for Instagram posts, so nothing really special.

Anyway, can't wait for tonight's show to see what surprises she may have in store for us and can't wait to see her live in november :)

This pretty much expresses how I felt after seeing the live stream, but after sleeping on it, and watching numerous other videos with better a better sight of it, I can re-evaluate that this is definitely a complex show that relies heavily on appreciating from a visual aspect.  The stream I was watching failed to capture the visual aspect of this show which was important.

I do agree the ending seemed a bit rushed and disjointed. Celebration was just a playback and she just sang a little of it, before singing a few lines from Music.

I will say I am a bit disappointed that she didn't really perform Like a Virgin. But I did like the visual she provided and how she tied MJ to the performance visually as well with his song Billie Jean.  But if I was to be honest, I rather see her perform that song live for this tour.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)