The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

12 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

Maybe she's filming the rehearsals for a doc or behind the scenes... or maybe she just enjoy singing random songs to warm up her voice.  who knows?

Another possibility, she's planning to add it to a specific upcoming show.  Kinda much like in the past, when she would sing certain songs for particular cities. What city is coming up that Joan of Arc may be relevant in performing? 

20 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Between different songs?? OMG..in which section??

I meant, she was rehearsing random songs, Mother and father, Don't tell me, La isla bonita, Die another day, she did a bit of Vogue and Celebration and Joan of Arc was in between them, before having a big break of silence for 1 hour and starting again with Die another day... 

30 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

A costume variation! Is this the first time she’s worn this slightly different one?

Yeah this is much more interesting as it makes the structure of the bustier more evident and closer to the original Gautier piece.

24 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Yep, she did it 2 times, wheb we were waiting outside, between different songs from the actual setlist. It sounded fine, close to the Ellen show version

She is rehearsing it apparently, it's normal. She went on rehearsing Love Spent for a lot of weeks before performing it in the US.

I still hope the I will survive part is going to become a changing surprise song (Joan of Arc is fine and I need Secret, Rebel Heart, Drowned world and Crave too, thanksss)

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

If the venue schedules their act to be on 8:30 and the act doesn't take the stage until after 10 pm, you're bound to anger some folks.  Telling people they should "accept it" or "stay home" is only enabling the act and their behavior.  I agree she's been doing it forever now, but I don't think people are necessarily "surprised".  They have every right to voice their displeasure or disappointment.  No matter how much it annoys you.  After all, there is a reasonable and sound complaint here.

Yeah, there are MANY valid reasons to complain about her lateness. Is her being late shocking? No, of course not, but that doesn't mean anyone has to like it. Some people rely on public transportation, which doesn't always run 24/7, and there are people who booked baby-sitters, etc. Even some fans choose not to attend her live shows, even if they can afford it otherwise, just because it's very inconvenient for them to come home in the middle of the night. 

My question for long-time fans is when did the lateness issue start? Did you attend any '80s or '90s tours, and was she on time then? 

For me she wasn't really late, despite ticketmaster said that 20.30 was Madonna time, I knew that minimum she will start at 21.30, wich is still a decent time.

The problem for me was the ENDLESS rehearsal. We arrived at 16 as I said and even having early entry, we didn't get inside till 19 h, wich made us feel exhausted, bored, hungry etc... Nobody understood why she rehearsed till so late or why she didn't do it before.

Anyway, she said that she loves our city and our energy and it was sincere because everytime she comes to Barcelona, she likes to ride her bike next to the seaside. Love her! 

18 minutes ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

Yeah, there are MANY valid reasons to complain about her lateness. Is her being late shocking? No, of course not, but that doesn't mean anyone has to like it. Some people rely on public transportation, which doesn't always run 24/7, and there are people who booked baby-sitters, etc. Even some fans choose not to attend her live shows, even if they can afford it otherwise, just because it's very inconvenient for them to come home in the middle of the night. 

My question for long-time fans is when did the lateness issue start? Did you attend any '80s or '90s tours, and was she on time then? 

It never was a problem until after Confessions.  All the shows I attended were pretty much on time.  But of course, no matter what artist I've seen in the past, I can't say they all have showed up exactly the time they are supposed to be on stage.  20 mins tends to be the average lateness for many artists. That seems common, but it seemed by MDNA, Madonna kept getting on stage later and later.  There were times she would get on stage late and disregard the complaints.  She would exclaim she had every right to come on stage late.

14 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

I agree with most of it, but there is a clip of Vogue where she is late on stage and missed the first few lines, and there is no backing track, the vocals start when she starts singing late, so i think the verses from Vogue are live, without a backing track. Crazy For You and Fever are live imo and there is also a clip when she misses the first few lines of Mother and Father and the vocals that are heard from the backing track are so minimal and low volume maybe thats the case on other songs to, its not to loud on every song imo 

And to be honest I realy don't know what the fuzz is about, its so clear she is singing live over a backing track, 

Also in Don't Tell Me the mic cut out and there was nothing underneath

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

There seriously is not a bad place to sit at this show. For instance, if you were sitting on the floor, you wouldn’t get to see how the cat walks etc light up like this….

It's so interesting seeing the show from this far back. I had no idea the catwalk lit up like that.

58 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

I think she sounded great singing CFY tonight

I think many people here know how enthusistic I am about this tour, at the same time I have to admit that her voice seems already  tired and this scares me a little. The CFY performance is not perfect but acceptable, but MAF was such a mess tonight :cry:

Take care of your beautiful and expressive voice M!! We need it :heart:

10 minutes ago, stefo said:

I think many people here know how enthusistic I am about this tour, at the same time I have to admit that her voice seems already  tired and this scares me a little. The CFY performance is not perfect but acceptable, but MAF was such a mess tonight :cry:

Take care of your beautiful and expressive voice M!! We need it :heart:

A mess is a reach, most of it sounds o.k... but i agree at the end it sounds kinda meh,the i got to give it uuuupppp part.... But as a whole it think this is not THAT bad 

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

A mess is a reach, most of it sounds o.k... but i agree at the end it sounds kinda meh,the i got to give it uuuupppp part.... But as a whole it think this is not THAT bad 

Also the verses are very "unstable" unfortunately. She's got mostly problems of breath and diaphragm control, because the sound is "in mask" and it's crystal clear. It's a matter of training I'd say, if she decided to perform 78 times this show during such a long tour, I hope she s taking care of her voice.

Anyway, it's the first time I have a very bad impression so it can just be an accident, we'll see :cute:

Lol a little mistake tonight on Don't Tell Me...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJEuuT26/

Looks like she had so much fun at spain, shaking hands with audiance a little 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJEu4aow/

From the video's i see about spain she's verry into it tonight, looks great and sounds decent to good... 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic