The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Found this article and i think this explains her lateness. Like I said before, the staff in Berlin told me she's not late, she's actually in the venue rehearsing hours before the concert starts. 

Why Do Concerts Always Start Late?

To Increase Revenue 

This is the primary reason why concerts start significantly later than the advertized time. Simply put, the more time patrons spend in the venue, the more money they spend. 

Aside from ticket sales, most concerts feature three additional forms of monetization:

Drink sales (for the venue)

Parking (for the venue)

Merch sales (for the artist)

Venues, promoters and artists know that giving patrons time to hang around will tempt them to wander over to the bar or the merch table.

https://indiepanda.net/why-do-concerts-always-start-late/

1 hour ago, Queen hearts said:

Date                         City                    Country                      Venue                      Judge guest

October  14, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Lourdes Leon

October  15, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 FKA Twigs

October  17, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Diplo

October  18, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Julia Fox

October  21, 2023     Antwerp                   Belgium             Sportpaleis                      Damien Jalet

October  22, 2023     Antwerp                   Belgium             Sportpaleis                      Stuart Price

October  25, 2023    Copenhagen           Denmark             Royal Arena                     Allauné Blegbo 

October  26, 2023    Copenhagen           Denmark             Royal Arena                     Aquaria

October  28, 2023    Stockholm               Sweden             Tele2 Arena                     Rocco Ritchie

November 1, 2023    Barcelona                   Spain             Palau Sant Jordi              Arca

November 2, 2023    Barcelona                   Spain             Palau Sant Jordi              Úrsula Corberó 

November 6, 2023    Lisbon                   Portugal             Altice Arena                   Jon Kortajerena 

November 7, 2023    Lisbon                   Portugal             Altice Arena                     Jean Paul Gaultier

November 12, 2023    Paris                   France             Accor Arena                     Matières fecales

November 13, 2023    Paris                   France             Accor Arena                     French artist photographer JR

November 15, 2023    Cologne                   Germany             Lanxess Arena                 Andrea "Munchie" Lanz   

November 16, 2023    Cologne                   Germany             Lanxess Arena                 The chef is one of Madonna's babysitters.

November 19, 2023    Paris                   France                  Accor Arena                      Michèle Lamy      

November 20, 2023    Paris                   France                  Accor Arena                      Dj Kiddy Smile

November 23, 2023    Milan                   Italy             Mediolanum Forum         Donatella Versace

November 25, 2023    Milan                   Italy             Mediolanum Forum         Deborah "Debi" Anne Mazar

November 28, 2023   Berlin                        Germany              Mercedes Benz Arena     Gabriel Massan

November 29, 2023   Berlin                        Germany              Mercedes Benz Arena     "Peaches" Merrill Beth Nisker

December 1, 2023     Amsterdam             Netherlands            Ziggo Dome                        "Sevdaliza" Sevda Alizadeh

December 2, 2023     Amsterdam             Netherlands            Ziggo Dome                        "Miss Fame" Kurtis Frank Dam-Mikkelsen

December 5, 2023    London                   England            The O2 Arena                    Charlie Hunnam

December 6, 2023    London                   England            The O2 Arena                      Stella McCartney

December 13, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Josh Popper

December 14, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Julia Garner

December 16, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Teezo Touchdown

December 18, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Kevin Aviance

https://www.instagram.com/kevinavianceofficial/

2023.12.18 Kevin Aviance.JPG

kooste.JPG

Thank you for solving the mystery of Saturday's guest! I thought he was a footballer, I do recall hearing the word touchdown.

Also so happy for KEVIN!! He is really getting his flowers this year, well deserved. 

14 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's true. She was quite cocky about it last night:

And I agree it's not exactly the best look.

That guy saying "no you're not" lolll

There was another video from NY where she said hi and someone screamed YOU'RE F***ING LATE :laughing:

I'm embarrassed by fans that endorse and defend her behaviour but I am also glad that she feels how non responsive the audience is each and every night, serves her right. She can't blame the language barrier anymore and has to finally take responsibility.

1 minute ago, missberic said:

That guy saying "no you're not" lolll

There was another video from NY where she said hi and someone screamed YOU'RE F***ING LATE :laughing:

I'm embarrassed by fans that endorse and defend her behaviour but I am also glad that she feels how non responsive the audience is each and every night, serves her right. She can't blame the language barrier anymore and has to take the blame.

I just don't get what she gets out of the behavior. Does she look out during Ray of Light at rows of empty seats and feel good about it? Does she enjoy watching people walk out during a song like Vogue so that they can catch the last train? 

It doesn't make any sense. 

3 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I just don't get what she gets out of the behavior. Does she look out during Ray of Light at rows of empty seats and feel good about it? Does she enjoy watching people walk out during a song like Vogue so that they can catch the last train? 

It doesn't make any sense. 

We'll never know unless she explains it herself one day, but Stuart Price implied she needs some kind of preparation (mentally, physically) before the show and she doesn't want to go out until she feels she's ready to give her all.

Not an excuse, of course, but...

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Last night was painful. I felt secondhand embarrassment for her. She's got to start these shows earlier. 

56 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Because she was late? Why should this be embarrassing? Come on. 

53 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Nah, by 30 mins in, people were streaming towards the exits and it continued the rest of the show. I've never seen so many empty seats by the end of one of her concerts. You could tell many people were pissed. 

It didn't help that she kept making fun of the audience about being late all night.

49 minutes ago, sara94 said:

No offense but this is the first time i'm reading this about last nights show.

I only read great comments about last night show 🤔

People need to stop making excuses for her lateness and pulling fans up that have opinions on it. 

At end of day it is bad and no excuse and it makes her look like a total bitch and unprofessional. 

Come on 10.45pm on a week night to start a concert it isn't normal and way beyond professional. She wonders why audiences are not some times quiet, come on at a reasonable time when people are excited and happy she would reap the rewards massively.

Fans stop enabling this behaviour because it's not normal and totally disrespectful, I am so glad I seen her in a city with a curfew but even so some nights people were tied because she didn't come on till 9.30pm

9pm is acceptable but beyond that expect a bad audience MADONNA

1 hour ago, sara94 said:

Found this article and i think this explains her lateness. Like I said before, the staff in Berlin told me she's not late, she's actually in the venue rehearsing hours before the concert starts. 

Why Do Concerts Always Start Late?

To Increase Revenue 

This is the primary reason why concerts start significantly later than the advertized time. Simply put, the more time patrons spend in the venue, the more money they spend. 

Aside from ticket sales, most concerts feature three additional forms of monetization:

Drink sales (for the venue)

Parking (for the venue)

Merch sales (for the artist)

Venues, promoters and artists know that giving patrons time to hang around will tempt them to wander over to the bar or the merch table.

https://indiepanda.net/why-do-concerts-always-start-late/

It's so interesting you brought this up. While there is no denying her lateness, this was exactly my impression on Saturday in NYC. The area outside of the arena itself was super crowded and veery lively and fun. I hadn't been to a big M concert since 2009 and it was a soccer stadium, but I remember going to get drinks before the show and thinking if the additional arena/artist revenue could explain a bit of her lateness. I think it 's a bit of a chicken/egg situation I think.

Regardless of her being late, the concert was waaaay better than what I expected, detailed and layered, as she said during the concert, emotional and overall very brilliant. I am someone who has distanced himself from M for the last decade or so. But I have to say, the show brought me to tears multiple times, it has a beautiful "spark" I thought was gone from her music. 💜

Edited by flix134 (see edit history)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)