The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

4 hours ago, The Ghost said:

David sings solo :)

That was amazing and made me love this performance even more.

It’s such a shame the trolls are picking the most unflattering videos and making them go viral, making Madonna look bad when she’s actually doing some of her greatest work on this tour. When will she get the recognition she deserves?

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

After seeing the show twice now, I found the MJ interlude a bit unneeded? It ran too long, and I feel like its position in the show is too late. It should have been earlier and not tacked in at the end.

It took you 2 shows to decide that? I hated it straight away :laughing:  It’s the only thing in the show I don’t like.

18 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

So she invited Real life miss piggy on stage ? So she did not really read James Baldwin or did not understand him. Frankly she should stop calling herself a freedom fighter because she's not. She chose to stay silent during a genocide and not use her voice and plateforms to call for a ceasefire. She's just a poser. 

She was calling for a ceasefire in her speeches back in October though. And voiced support for Palestine and innocent civilians at many shows.

Last Saturday, I went to the second show in my town, Montréal.  After seeing a lot of videos since the beginning of the tour, I was kind of not super exited to see it live with my friend.  It was his first time seeing her on stage.  I was expecting hearing more the backing track than her live voice.  I was even expecting to be disappointed by the staging and her not taking control of it.

I was wrong.  I really enjoyed it and so my friend and I guess all those in the arena!  The sound was good, her voice was better than expected and not overshadowed by the backing track (excluding Erotica and Justify My Love), the lighting is so perfect and she is still in good control on stage and she still uses it perfectly to her advantage. 

I would have liked to hear her speak our language, French, but I guess she does not care anymore.

For me, this tour is as good as Re-Invention tour, a tour without a boring part and I can’t wait to see it on a big screen and on my tv!

IMG_8358.jpg

39 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It took you 2 shows to decide that? I hated it straight away :laughing:  It’s the only thing in the show I don’t like.

For some reason I thought it took place earlier in the show, so I was like, “oh okay, this makes sense.” But second time around I noticed just how long it went on for lol

i was also very very high my first night 

16 minutes ago, dela01 said:

Last Saturday, I went to the second show in my town, Montréal.  After seeing a lot of videos since the beginning of the tour, I was kind of not super exited to see it live with my friend.  It was his first time seeing her on stage.  I was expecting hearing more the backing track than her live voice.  I was even expecting to be disappointed by the staging and her not taking control of it.

I was wrong.

Yupp. Same here. I stayed away from as much spoilers as possible. The little bits I did see in terms of photos and descriptions, did not excite me. Written on paper, you’d think the show wouldn’t work. A scripted 80s section with witty banter. Erotica as a boxing match. Singing a song about one night stands and getting drunk while your teenage daughter plays the piano. Express Yourself acoustic. Hanging from a flying box during ROL. Laying on top of a box during bedtime story while that crazy animated NFT video plays. Bitch I’m Madonna in that crazy corset and veil outfit. And Bob The Drag Queen as the emcee 

but ya know what.

IT FUCKING WORKS.

And it’s all FUCKING FABULOUS.

I loved the outfits. I loved the staging. The visuals was surprisingly STUNNING. The symbolism, the compositions, the hair, the body, the face, the choreo. It was just perfect.

It didn’t even feel like a cheesy over indulgent Jamie Ming mess. It was all Madonna all the time.

43 minutes ago, deathproof said:

My only complaint was that it felt short. We should have gotten 2 more songs at the end.

Yeah I agree the finale is the only weak point. If she wanted to include BIM it's ok, but she could have performed a hit banger to close the show

1 minute ago, stefo said:

Yeah I agree the finale is the only weak point. If she wanted to include BIM it's ok, but she could have performed a hit banger to close the show

Oh that's not what i'm talking about. The closing was absolutely amazing. Bitch Im Madonna is the perfect closing. That should have been the ending to the Rebel Heart Tour.

7 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Oh that's not what i'm talking about. The closing was absolutely amazing. Bitch Im Madonna is the perfect closing. That should have been the ending to the Rebel Heart Tour.

Yeah sorry, I misinterpreted your words :cute:

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Is that what she said? Couldn’t hear any of the dialogue in any of the background vids tbqh…

That’s the only thing I understood from her spoken part xD been trying to get a transcript of it and from the other spoken parts throughout the show

20 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

So she invited Real life miss piggy on stage ? So she did not really read James Baldwin or did not understand him. Frankly she should stop calling herself a freedom fighter because she's not. She chose to stay silent during a genocide and not use her voice and plateforms to call for a ceasefire. She's just a poser. 

Family Shut Up GIF

40 minutes ago, deathproof said:

tell us everything

Seeing Bad Girl (my FAVORITE Madonna song) live was absolutely surreal. I think everyone knows I love Erotica and American Life so it was absolutely surreal to see a lot of the “deep cuts” from those albums get performed. She looked amazing and sounded amazing. You could definitely hear some backing in some songs but she sounded great overall. I agree the ending didn’t feel like the end cause they started playing Celebration but she didn’t sing during any of that so it was definitely weird but BIM at the end was great with all the different looks. I think she did a great job of blending all of her eras together and a good mix of songs. I do wish she performed all of Hung Up especially given its recent tiktok success it felt so short and all I wanted was more. 

Side note: When she was in the air with the body suit I did let out a chuckle when I saw the butt. I couldn’t help myself :Madonna009:

She looked amazing tho especially in that outfit