The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

11 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Question for all of you who's reading this 🥰... Did the Celebration Tour change your " favorite tour ranking " top 5?... mine sure did. At first i ranked it at 5, then 3... and now i even rank it at 2 , right after Blond Ambition. Since i seen it in Amsterdam im obsessed with it. It's so iconic... 

Lets make this a little different to stay on the subject of this post " The Celebration Tour "..

Only post the top 3 IF the Celebration Tour is in it, otherwise the subject gets lost...

Sorry 😬

Now that the tour is past the halfway mark (hard to believe), and having attended opening night in London and several other cities in the US (last one being MSG), here are some difference between then and now.

NRM - she did not do the hand through kimono hole move during the first few shows, stage did not rotate through the entire number in London (can't remember when she started doing both)

OYH - she spit right into the audience during first couple shows, and has since "blessed" fans with holy water from her "beer bottle"

DAD - she started braiding her hair a few shows in Europe, and has been since then (which do you all prefer?)

MAF - Of course we know she just added a verse for David to sing with her (since MSG night two)

DCFMA - Ukranian flag opening night and has since been replaced with Pride flag

DTM - two pairs of boots, I only remember seeing the new version during MSG night one (shorter in the shaft), she also added frilly ruffled mini shirt since Boston

VOUGE - 3 corset changes throughout Europe but I feel she's been stuck with the silver one for most (if not all) of the US dates thus far?

ROL - slight update to her choreo on the platform, she was without sunglasses during Boston night one

BIM - Blue corset changed and has been the same for all US dates (darker shade of blue)

I think there has to be more difference (however subtle), please add/edit until the end of the tour,

8 minutes ago, truerebel said:

Now that the tour is past the halfway mark (hard to believe), and having attended opening night in London and several other cities in the US (last one being MSG), here are some difference between then and now.

NRM - she did not do the hand through kimono hole move during the first few shows, stage did not rotate through the entire number in London (can't remember when she started doing both)

OYH - she spit right into the audience during first couple shows, and has since "blessed" fans with holy water from her "beer bottle"

DAD - she started braiding her hair a few shows in Europe, and has been since then (which do you all prefer?)

MAF - Of course we know she just added a verse for David to sing with her (since MSG night two)

DTM - two pairs of boots, I only remember seeing the new version during MSG night one (shorter in the shaft), she also added frilly ruffled mini shirt since Boston

VOUGE - 3 corset changes throughout Europe but I feel she's been stuck with the silver one for most (if not all) of the US dates thus far?

ROL - slight update to her choreo on the platform, she was without sunglasses during Boston night one

BIM - Blue corset changed and has been the same for all US dates (darker shade of blue)

I think there has to be more difference (however subtle), please add/edit until the end of the tour,

Sometimes singing Causing a Commotion acapella with the crowd

I Will Survive & Express Yourself

1 hour ago, roberMDNA said:

isn't she wearing a "pinkier" wig during Bedtime Story/Ray Of Light/Rain act? or it's just me? On the shows i went in Europe (and the ones i didnt see but i saw on the internet) looked much more blond that what i'm seeing since MSG

Noticed this yesterday watching some random vids 😌

2 hours ago, truerebel said:

Great list! ♥️💪

I'd like to share my thoughts on it:

During the opening night, NRM moved me more than ever before, even though she only rotated to enter and during the bridge when she says 'Nothing takes the past away'. It was incredibly impactful. Also, on the opening night, she looked better than ever, especially her hair, which I think looked much better styled as it was in the first shows. 

As for the spitting water thing, I understand why she stopped doing that. Personally, I would love if Madonna spat at me 🤣 But I can see how it might be off-putting for some

I really like the braids; they complement the cowgirl look well. Even though her previous hairstyle might have made her look younger, I have a preference for the braids.

I also appreciate that she let David sing the harmonies solo without joining in. The harmonies David sings are stunning.

I'm pleased she decided to display the Pride flag.

I'm thrilled with her final choice of the corset; it's the most stunning one, exuding a sort of Great Gatsby elegance. I absolutely love it!

Here are some other little things:

Straight hair for 1 night in Berlin (I think?) for the opening 

Esther has had some costume variations during Vogue/ballroom segment

I love New York incorporated into Burning Up for NYC shows

Differing wigs during the Erotica segment

In the Don’t Tell Me section she has taken her jacket off entirely on a few night/s early on in the tour (Antwerp)

Bitch I’m Madonna had a different corset for 1 night in Milan (I think?)

There are also many small changes with choreography as the show has evolved. Quite a lot of her moves and even dances moves are improvised.

I believe Missy Elliot was removed or reduced in Into the Groove?

David taking his chains/hat off at the end of Prince segment

Grills

5 hours ago, truerebel said:

Thank you.  And regarding some of the costume changes, I feel that's just customary being only so many are produced, and just for sanitary reasons she changes it up at times.

Knowing by heart the Celebration tour at this point (I watch the videos posted on the internet knowing exactly what it's suppose to happen, wich lets me appreciate the efficacy of specific points or peformative aspects night by night and it always changes :heart:), this is the list of my favourite tours under the artistic perspective

1. The Girlie Show
  2. Celebration Tour 
  3. Blond Ambition
  4. ReInvention Tour
  5. Confessions tour (attended live)
  6. Who's That Girl tour
  7. Drowned World (attended live)
  8. Rebel Heart tour (attended live)
  9. MDNA tour (attended live)
  10. Madame X tour (booked but canclled about one hour and a half before the show)
  11. Sticky and Sweet (attended live)
  12. Virgin tour

And these are the ones I'm fond of the most for various reasons

1. The Girlie Show
  2. Who's that girl tour
  3. Rebel heart tour
  4. Celebration tour
  5. ReInvention tour