The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

19 hours ago, truerebel said:

I disagree about BS, I saw the show 8x all from different sections and tho the number seem odd from the floor as you're mostly staring at the cube and have no clue that she's being filmed from the top. Seeing it anywhere from 100 level and up, especially if you're facing center stage; the visual is amazing. She did not struggle with the vocals on any of the shows I saw (maybe my hearing just isn't as good as some of y'all!!!). 

Erotica/JML was not a high point when I saw it opening night, however it has since grown on me....JML is her homage to Modern Dance (choreo by Damien Jalet) back in her early days dancing at Alvin Ailey/Martha Graham. It's story-telling through dance at it's best! DAD is another number that should be watched full scale, when you're too close your focus in on M and her two dancers; the staging/lighting/choreo is spectacular when taken in further. 

That's why i' m saying it looks made more for the camera than for stage. Dad was a highlight for me but the second night i had a nosebleed seat and it looked very remote, the first night i was too close. I love the staging and choreo on YT. I'm sure it's gonna look incredible on film like BS and Justify My Love. 

I think she cokld have sneak Get Together or Impressive Instantin between Ray Of Light and Rain. 

As for the MJ tribute she could have used this moment to aknowledge everybody that has passed from her generation or made zn interlude dedicated to her roles in movies, very tongue in cheek to own this infamous part of her career. 

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

I think this is the obvious case. It looks like the lighting for the show is already adjusted for those cameras, and its obvious they already did some color grading to the footage

Fabulous maybe we’ll get the show this year for Christmas then instead of 84 years in the studio editing her nostrils.

Yess didnt we see someone editing DAD a week or 2 ago?? I didnt understand what that was about. Are they filming and editing as they go along like Bey and Taylor? I mean Taylors last 2 tours have been in cinemas and on TV even before the tours finished. Taylors still yet to do the UK but you can watch it streaming at home. :laughing: Id be fewming. 

I guess it happened with madge in the 90's but it was a 'live show' towards the end of the tour. Barcelona BA was a classic. Everyone complains about the slightest mistake now, we are so picky. Barcelona was a gay classic and virtually a comedy, she was so hot, different things went wrong, missed lines.. bloopers galore but LIVE AND FAN FUCKING TASTIC!  OK its for us old fogies to remember but we taped that off tv and watched it 1000 times on rewind. 

1 hour ago, scallywally said:

OK its for us old fogies to remember but we taped that off tv and watched it 1000 times on rewind. 

Can I tell you about the time my dad recorded it for me when I was 5 the HBO special. Watched it every day. And a few months later my sister recorded over it some special about NKOTB.

I was obsessed with that show my entire life and never saw it again until high school. Just couldn’t not get ahold of it. I even phoned around to tv stations. Nothing. Then I found a double DVD (Japan & Nice). However I had downloaded mp3s of Dallas and Barcelona off of limewire and was FLOORED that EY had a dance break and THIRD CHORUS?!? My life changed thanks to Madonna-Store.com back in the day Bahaha. I was 17. My coming of age moment happened and I became the gay I am today.

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

Fabulous maybe we’ll get the show this year for Christmas then instead of 84 years in the studio editing her nostrils.

Not a chance, the filtering and editing will be extreme.

But we can dream of a theatre release or quick release before business as usual kicks in, l think Madame X is still buried on one streaming service

32 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Can I tell you about the time my dad recorded it for me when I was 5 the HBO special. Watched it every day. And a few months later my sister recorded over it some special about NKOTB.

I was obsessed with that show my entire life and never saw it again until high school. Just couldn’t not get ahold of it. I even phoned around to tv stations. Nothing. Then I found a double DVD (Japan & Nice). However I had downloaded mp3s of Dallas and Barcelona off of limewire and was FLOORED that EY had a dance break and THIRD CHORUS?!? My life changed thanks to Madonna-Store.com back in the day Bahaha. I was 17. My coming of age moment happened and I became the gay I am today.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! 

Oh your poor sister wouldve had a kick!!!!    Ill kick her if I ever meet her for you. :laughing: 

12 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Sorry to de-rail the thread. Where is M next? and whos going??? 

She's in Pittsburgh tomorrow night and I will be there! Sitting in my hotel currently. According to the venue's social media, the production is fully in place and they've released some last minute tickets. As of the day before yesterday according to Touring Data there were about 2.5k tickets still available but looking at the map there's been a lot of sales the last few days so it seems that a lot of people are waiting last minute to buy here, and these last minute production hold tickets are gonna go with them. 

yeyyyy good going stranger!! HOW EXCITING!!!!  It so seems the US sales are so different to Europe, so many wait till last min. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

2 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

She's in Pittsburgh tomorrow night and I will be there! Sitting in my hotel currently. According to the venue's social media, the production is fully in place and they've released some last minute tickets. As of the day before yesterday according to Touring Data there were about 2.5k tickets still available but looking at the map there's been a lot of sales the last few days so it seems that a lot of people are waiting last minute to buy here, and these last minute production hold tickets are gonna go with them. 

8 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

I have tickets for Tampa in April and am wondering what are my options for upgrading? This show was sold out until M got sick and had to postpone so there are not a whole lot of tickets left.

I dont know where your seats are but if they are top tier and you can afford it go for lower, left hand side facing the end of the middle stage.  :) 

9 minutes ago, scallywally said:

I dont know where your seats are but if they are top tier and you can afford it go for lower, left hand side facing the end of the middle stage.  :) 

Do I need to sell my tickets on my own or am I able to just upgrade my seats through ticket master? Thanks for your suggestions. My seats are 2nd level across from main stage but just a bit behind. I am not wanting to pay a huge amount for floor or the best lower seats I am  looking for something in between the two. With only this one show in Tampa and so few seats left the prices are not going to get any lower. I know on some other venues the day of the concert you could get some good deals.

I dont know if you can talk you ticketmaster in the US you cant here they are all robots. Ive heard that there's have seen different seats spoke to them and paid the change (dont know if its true but it seems so). No you dont want to sit behind the stage or even a bit , nows your chance!!! If ticket master arent 'real' where you are try the box office but id actually tweet them right now in case there's a queue to be answered. Ive tweeted them in the past.    Fates on your side. YOU CAN DO THIS!  Keep us updated. :)

2 minutes ago, scallywally said:

I dont know if you can talk you ticketmaster in the US you cant here they are all robots. Ive heard that there's have seen different seats spoke to them and paid the change (dont know if its true but it seems so). No you dont want to sit behind the stage or even a bit , nows your chance!!! If ticket master arent 'real' where you are try the box office but id actually tweet them right now in case there's a queue to be answered. Ive tweeted them in the past.    Fates on your side. YOU CAN DO THIS!  Keep us updated. :)

Edit if you are high up say you didnt realize and got vertigo. You can even do that when you are there. Not suggesting I know anyone thats done it before. :bothered:

On 2/4/2024 at 10:11 AM, Roland Barthes said:

I adore Bedtime Story but it does not work, vocally, the scenography, the visuals....it's a low point with the overlong Erotica/Justify bit and MJ tribute imo maybe they will look better on film because they really look like they were more made for film than for a live experience. Like DAD too. 

The first time I saw the show I was next to the catwalk and I seriously thought Bedtime Story was an interlude because I could not see her . I thought she’d gone inside the cube and that was just a video playing. I guess the idea was to give something for everyone in the nosebleeds. Cos that’s pretty much the only people that can see her up there. I don’t love it but I don’t hate it.

I wonder if she's gonna aknowledge her ties to Pittsburg/Aliquippa, that's were her italian grand parents established themselves after migrating from Pacentro in Italy, where her father was born and grew up and where she spent time as a kid in the summer. Considering this show is about her life, that's pretty much where parts of her roots are (just like Gaga as a matter of fact)

15 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

from a fan on facebook 

'Once in a lifetime, posted earlier about wanting to welcome MADONNA to Pittsburgh. Was lucky enough to get the call to do the flowers for her hotel room. Long live the queen!!' 

425706796_690575489921146_56888181163240

425677620_690575516587810_11152628172884

not a hydrangea in sight

Think i would have had to put one in the centre

You can definitely talk to Ticketmaster via phone and upgrade to other non-resale seats for less of a fee than online. They even have a voice message asking you to “be nice” and not yell at them before they connect you, I thought that was unique. The guy saved me like a hundred bucks vs online and he was very kind and patient. 

2 hours ago, DickTracy said:

You can definitely talk to Ticketmaster via phone and upgrade to other non-resale seats for less of a fee than online. They even have a voice message asking you to “be nice” and not yell at them before they connect you, I thought that was unique. The guy saved me like a hundred bucks vs online and he was very kind and patient. 

Thanks for your response but it looks like they only have reseller tickets left at this point. If it was just me I was buying the tickets for I would splurge and go for a better seat but am taking a couple friends with me also. Tickets are higher for the Tampa show than some of these other venues and the fee's are ridiculous. If I was to sell my tickets through Ticketmaster they do not pay you until after the show so that kind of sucks too. My tickets are in section 219.  https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D005E25E7C8D3FE

2 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Thanks for your response but it looks like they only have reseller tickets left at this point. If it was just me I was buying the tickets for I would splurge and go for a better seat but am taking a couple friends with me also. Tickets are higher for the Tampa show than some of these other venues and the fee's are ridiculous. If I was to sell my tickets through Ticketmaster they do not pay you until after the show so that kind of sucks too. https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D005E25E7C8D3FE

Wow, that Tampa show is really sold out. Meanwhile, tonight's show in my city has tons of tickets left: https://www.ticketmaster.com/madonna-the-celebration-tour-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-02-05-2024/event/16005E2777DA16A3?landing=c