The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

22 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah, Michael’s 

I think of Madonna's technical dancing too like Flamenco in the WHO's that Girl concert, Waltzes in Evita, or the dancing in A League of Their Own.  Madonna putting yoga into her routines.  Cartwheels on grandstands.  Etc. Etc... 

17 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Just like Beyoncé who always do the same moves

I'm not sure it's really fair to make such short cuts. I'm no Beyonce expert but i'm sure if i dig deeply though all the archives of her performances during her 25 years of career i will see several dance styles. It's like if a non Madonna fan say "Madonna's dancing is always the same, cowboy, disco and mimming sex". Very reductive. As for Tina, Madonna, Janet and a few other, Beyonce is a great performer. Sure Madonna is our fav and we tend to see her as better than any other female performers, but the comparison game is not really relevent in my opinion. 

51 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I'm not sure it's really fair to make such short cuts. I'm no Beyonce expert but i'm sure if i dig deeply though all the archives of her performances during her 25 years of career i will see several dance styles. It's like if a non Madonna fan say "Madonna's dancing is always the same, cowboy, disco and mimming sex". Very reductive. As for Tina, Madonna, Janet and a few other, Beyonce is a great performer. Sure Madonna is our fav and we tend to see her as better than any other female performers, but the comparison game is not really relevent in my opinion. 

A former friend of mine who is a dancer and knows very well Madonnna and Beyonce's performances told me that one day. I assume she knew what she was talking about. 

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

No, never. I live in France, maybe that's why.

Edit : i've just watched the trailer. So it's a movie with Ariana Grande. Well, as i said, it's not really being discussed yet in France. It takes a time to be a trend from the US to France. 

It's one of the most successful and longest running musicals of all time, above Phantom of the Opera and Cats. I  just looked and its never been translated into French or performed in France so that may explain why you don't know of it. It's the story of The Wizard of Oz but centred around The Wicked Witch of the West who is actually not wicked at all. And yes, it's now been made into a movie.

1 hour ago, Sheridan1980 said:

A former friend of mine who is a dancer and knows very well Madonnna and Beyonce's performances told me that one day. I assume she knew what she was talking about. 

It's still the opinion of a person, as professional as she can be, it doesn't make it a universal truth (if such thing do exist).

i've been told several times by professional dancers that you dance with your feet not your arms. That's the difference between someone really dancing which can be less spectacular and someone making moves. It also translates in the way they walk and the body language. Now check for yourself who dances and who moves.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

i've been told several times by professional dancers that you dance with your feet not your arms. That's the difference between someone really dancing which can be less spectacular and someone making moves. It also translates in the way they walk and the body language. Now check for yourself who dances and who moves.

But what if you have no feet :03:

4 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Edit : i've just watched the trailer. So it's a movie with Ariana Grande. Well, as i said, it's not really being discussed yet in France. It takes a time to be a trend from the US to France. 

It's the best live stage musical of all time!!! I've seen Wicked on Broadway probably about 10 times. I'm excited to see the film adaptation.

8 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Yeah Wicked is one of the most famous musicals in the anglosaxon countries, but also here in Italy it's almost unknown, except by musical theatre fans, wich is not a massive genre, it's not part of our traditions in that way. I mean, we have some classics, we call it commedia musicale (Garinei e Giovannini are some of the most iconic writers) but it's very italian in the themes and in the sound, different from the Broadway or the West End productions.

West Side Story, Jesus Christ Superstar and maybe Hair are very famous also because of the movies; the only less succesful cinematic musicals commonly known in Italy are Cats and The Phantom of the Opera I'd say.

Kinda like musicals but not in this thread. 😂 

returning to the Madonna dance on tour, I think Blond Ambition and MDNA tours are her peak regarding dancing. She was on fire! Its crazy to think that in one of them she had 32 and in the other 54!!!! Damn, I wanna keep having that stamina, muscles, abilities when im in my 50s.

Girl gone wild, Revolver, Gayl, open your heart, etc etc and closing a 2hour show with Celebration high energy dance. F*ck she is amazing!