Least favorite album

Honey Little

Would have to go with Rebel Heart, - it's such a mess. The final album mixes were worse than the demos, some of the vocals are grating, too many tracks, more mediocre and bad tracks on there than good ones, and for the most part doesn't sound like any of it was written by Madonna and just an album made and put out to meet contractual obligations. The officially commissioned remixes for the singles were poor.

Listening to the demo's there was alot of promise in enough of the tracks to make a really good album with some more work and better production and narrowing the track listing down to the best 10 tracks only. I do think if she had made the record while with Warners we would have got a much better final album - less tracks, better track selection and much better versions and better choice of singles and higher standard of remixes. Maybe the leaks meant decisions on final track listing and mixes got rushed and changed just to make them different to the leaked versions for the sake of it? The mastering is not great too with some really grating shrill vocals (living for love, unapologetic bitch etc) and bad overdubs on some tracks (Graffiti Heart). Just as an album is hard to connect to in the same way as her other albums 

Just now, MDNA22 said:

Would have to go with Rebel Heart, - it's such a mess. The final album mixes were worse than the demos, some of the vocals are grating, too many tracks, more mediocre and bad tracks on there than good ones, and for the most part doesn't sound like any of it was written by Madonna and just an album made and put out to meet contractual obligations. The officially commissioned remixes for the singles were poor.

Listening to the demo's there was alot of promise in enough of the tracks to make a really good album with some more work and better production and narrowing the track listing down to the best 10 tracks only. I do think if she had made the record while with Warners we would have got a much better final album - less tracks, better track selection and much better versions and better choice of singles and higher standard of remixes. Maybe the leaks meant decisions on final track listing and mixes got rushed and changed just to make them different to the leaked versions for the sake of it? The mastering is not great too with some really grating shrill vocals (living for love, unapologetic bitch etc) and bad overdubs on some tracks (Graffiti Heart). Just as an album is hard to connect to in the same way as her other albums 

3 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Listening to the demo's there was alot of promise in enough of the tracks to make a really good album with some more work and better production and narrowing the track listing down to the best 10 tracks only. I do think if she had made the record while with Warners we would have got a much better final album - less tracks, better track selection and much better versions and better choice of singles and higher standard of remixes. Maybe the leaks meant decisions on final track listing and mixes got rushed and changed just to make them different to the leaked versions for the sake of it? The mastering is not great too with some really grating shrill vocals (living for love, unapologetic bitch etc) and bad overdubs on some tracks (Graffiti Heart). Just as an album is hard to connect to in the same way as her other albums 

Agreed, good analysis

I agree about Rebel Heart analysis; but at least there were many decent tracks and it´s like she putted some care on some of the singing parts you know? She looked good, still dance quite a bit through the era, had many amazing videos, looked gorgeous and sung quite good on the Tour, which had many amazing moments. For me that was the last time Madonna was Madonna, well, maybe till the Celebration tour.

Madame x it´s like she wen´t too far with the x factor cause you don´t recongise her voice on many tracks, no effort on singing, too long of an album, too many bad songs, bad production, bad look, strange concept overall, Eurovision, the woke message,  the eye patch, the tour cancelation, the hip, and all the came later: OMG, Im traumatised by this era. I need to preted it never existed. And the only song I can enjoy of it all will be I´ll rise.