Will she add songs to the set list for the North American leg? or swap some songs?

Piksel8

I just have a feeling Frozen is coming in.... but I'm stomped. because the setlist has a narrative.

If there's no story to her tour, its almost fitting after NRM. Also, Frozen has been performed back in Madame X, so its likely a nay, but that doesn't stop her from singing LAP and vogue..... again.

Stuart said the following before the tour kicked off

"Well, Madonna's reputation is for being highly precise and highly rehearsed across all departments. When you look at a tour of this scale, it has so many moving parts, so many elements, that everything has to be highly fixed.

"But there's one thing that's always dynamic, and that's Madonna herself. Her personality is so strong, her interaction with the audience is so strong, that it creates opportunities for variation from night to night."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67075718

I think we'll just get snippets of popular songs, like Causing a Commotion rather than full changes

7 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Frozen doesn’t fit in with the narrative for that section, why on earth would people want to take rain out? It doesn’t make sense plus Ray of light is in that section, 2 songs from one album would be overkill as well 

what is the narrative? the bodysuit section doesn't really feature an obvious storyline or narrative?

4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

what is the narrative? the bodysuit section doesn't really feature an obvious storyline or narrative?

Ray of light is the next step into her life the spiritual life  and rain is the love she is receiving in her private life for example her kids the love she gets from them , Frozen is a song about not being able to accept love it just wouldn’t make sense. The only way of getting frozen in there if people want it would be to replace ray of light and that wouldn’t happen as you’re practically changing a whole act, imo it just doesn’t make sense 

Visually, the show is insanely well done and NRM is the whole show. LTT is another highlight but then it totally sucks.... Too much with just a lot of banter and she doesn't sing many of the old hits. Then using original studio recordings for a live concert is the worst thing she has done and playing with intros to some of the biggest hits just becomes a big mess of something that could have been good. Is this the last we'll see her live?! I had higher expectations for Madonna.

8 hours ago, androiduser said:

I expect that Frozen will replace Rain at some point, especially since the Frozen video is played in the background, and the costume fits the song as well, she doesn't really need to change anything.

The reason why the Frozen video plays in the background is that it was replaced kinda last minute with Rain. She's not changing it back. She might update the visuals and use the Rain video though.

9 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Ray of light is the next step into her life the spiritual life  and rain is the love she is receiving in her private life for example her kids the love she gets from them , Frozen is a song about not being able to accept love it just wouldn’t make sense. The only way of getting frozen in there if people want it would be to replace ray of light and that wouldn’t happen as you’re practically changing a whole act, imo it just doesn’t make sense 

Frozen is what was rehearsed up until the ;last couple of weeks which is why the visuals feature Frozen and the costume (whatever that is called) - the way it has been done is that she can easily swap between Rain and Frozen if she wants - I was told that by someone working on the show when i was in London 

10 hours ago, Hallon1978 said:

Visually, the show is insanely well done and NRM is the whole show. LTT is another highlight but then it totally sucks.... Too much with just a lot of banter and she doesn't sing many of the old hits. Then using original studio recordings for a live concert is the worst thing she has done and playing with intros to some of the biggest hits just becomes a big mess of something that could have been good. Is this the last we'll see her live?! I had higher expectations for Madonna.

No, Live to tell on the Celebration Tour doesn't suck :hearno: and it's not the last time we see her live :laughing:

On 12/12/2023 at 10:14 PM, Hallon1978 said:

Have you actually seen the show or just going off whats onine? Obviously you are entitled to your opinion for sure, but the reason I ask is I had similar thought but then saw the show several times from different vantage points. Seeing the show straight on from between the two catwalks was, infact, increadible! Visually its is great and the story of her career is told perfectly through the music. It was never going to be a show of hit after hit, this is after al Madonna. Sorry it was not what you expected, but I have to admit it took me several shows to really get it.

15 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Stuart said the following before the tour kicked off

"Well, Madonna's reputation is for being highly precise and highly rehearsed across all departments. When you look at a tour of this scale, it has so many moving parts, so many elements, that everything has to be highly fixed.

"But there's one thing that's always dynamic, and that's Madonna herself. Her personality is so strong, her interaction with the audience is so strong, that it creates opportunities for variation from night to night."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67075718

I think we'll just get snippets of popular songs, like Causing a Commotion rather than full changes

/end thread

14 hours ago, diesel6888 said:

Have you actually seen the show or just going off whats onine? Obviously you are entitled to your opinion for sure, but the reason I ask is I had similar thought but then saw the show several times from different vantage points. Seeing the show straight on from between the two catwalks was, infact, increadible! Visually its is great and the story of her career is told perfectly through the music. It was never going to be a show of hit after hit, this is after al Madonna. Sorry it was not what you expected, but I have to admit it took me seceral shows to really get it.

Yes of course I've seen the show irl :) We had GC tics and it probably doesn't get better than that. I don't like the arrangement..  I would have preferred the documentary version about her career on Netflix and that she made a big banger of a show that only she can do. But after all its Madonna....

18 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Frozen is what was rehearsed up until the ;last couple of weeks which is why the visuals feature Frozen and the costume (whatever that is called) - the way it has been done is that she can easily swap between Rain and Frozen if she wants - I was told that by someone working on the show when i was in London 

Does anybody knows if Frozen was meant to be that super orchestral version insidetgroove said it was or Sickick's version? Like, I know she puts on tour a lot of stuff that happened before and during an era, but I feel she kinda scrapped mostly all her viral stuff from 2020's.