Unexpected Surprise

3 hours ago, Donna said:

She's doesn't "always release" something for RSD.  Also, her relationship with Warner is just fine.

Technically no, she doesn’t always release something for RSD but she has been very active on the RSD roster since 2016, sometimes with multiple releases and only skipping 2020 and 2021.

2023 RSD: American Life Mixshow Mix
2022 RSD Black Friday: Everybody (40th Anniversary)
2022 RSD: Who’s That Girl (Super Club Mix)
2019 RSD Black Friday: I Rise
2019 RSD: La Isla Bonita (Super Mix)
2019 RSD: True Blue (Super Club Mix)
2018 RSD Black Friday: Ray Of Light (20th Anniversary Clear Vinyl Reissue)
2018 RSD: You Can Dance (Red Vinyl Reissue)
2018 RSD: The First Album (Picture Disc Reissue)
2017 RSD: Dance Mix (Reissue)
2016 RSD: Like A Virgin & Other Big Hits! (Reissue)

34 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Technically no, she doesn’t always release something for RSD but she has been very active on the RSD roster since 2016, sometimes with multiple releases and only skipping 2020 and 2021.

So yes, actually she now always release something for RSD since 2016 (exept for 2020 but that was the Covid and i'm not even sure there was RSD that year as thz whole world was unser lockdown).

2 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

So yes, actually she now always release something for RSD since 2016 (exept for 2020 but that was the Covid and i'm not even sure there was RSD that year as thz whole world was unser lockdown).

But the list of all releases for RSD 2024 is already out, there is no Madonna rsd release this year 

https://recordstoreday.com/NewsItem/11083

6 hours ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Yes, but again!  Specifically it was falsely claimed that she "ALWAYS" releases something on RSD. That isn't the case, and you only proved that.  So thank you!:)

1 hour ago, Debord said:

Some folk seem locked in a spiral of convincing themselves some new music is imminent then getting very upset when it's not imminent, without her or anyone around her ever announcing new music.

Yes we know. and then there are those who have to point it out every time too. :Madonna004:

1 hour ago, Debord said:

Some folk seem locked in a spiral of convincing themselves some new music is imminent then getting very upset when it's not imminent, without her or anyone around her ever announcing new music.

Just out of curiosity, who has been "very upset" (to quote you) about it on the forum lately ? Any link ?!

2 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Just out of curiosity, who has been "very upset" (to quote you) about it on the forum lately ? Any link ?!

"what a perpetual disappointment"

"the disappointment is finally here"

"boring secret...pfff"

"more of the same"

"no song, no album, no record store day"

Just from the last couple of pages. But I'm assuming you're doing a tedious literal "that's not being very upset!" so ok, I'll amend to "then getting very sad or disappointed". Does that work for you?

4 minutes ago, Debord said:

"what a perpetual disappointment"

"the disappointment is finally here"

"boring secret...pfff"

"more of the same"

"no song, no album, no record store day"

Just from the last couple of pages. But I'm assuming you're doing a tedious literal "that's not being very upset!" so ok, I'll amend to "then getting very sad or disappointed". Does that work for you?

Oh

5 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

Maybe that's because she has a double visual album ready for us later this year and doesn't want to oversaturate the market :Madonna009:

#soon #unexpectedsurprise 

She just released the Celebration Reissue which is a huge deal. Why are people complaining that there is no release for Record Store Day and no Album reissues. Clearly we are still getting all the promises on a regular basis even during the tour. Be grateful for the good stuff we are getting. Yes, we always get a RSD (or almost always) and I wanted something good but let’s appreciate the Celebration reissue. 

29 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

She just released the Celebration Reissue which is a huge deal. Why are people complaining that there is no release for Record Store Day and no Album reissues. Clearly we are still getting all the promises on a regular basis even during the tour. Be grateful for the good stuff we are getting. Yes, we always get a RSD (or almost always) and I wanted something good but let’s appreciate the Celebration reissue. 

Babe a vinyl reprint is in fact NOT a huge deal. Taylor Swift has released five studio albums and four re-records with a slew of re-recorded bonus tracks in the same time Madonna shat out Material Gworllls and that TikTok on Hung Up shite. Let’s not pretend mother has been slaving away for five years. She’s done a bit of co writing and a tour. 
Thats nine Taylor  records for her fanbase.. and we got some dusty old maxis uploaded and a couple of 12”vinyls and remixes reissued. I don’t expect Mom to have the same work ethic but she’s certainly ground to a halt somewhat. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic