The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

Now i'm also gonna play the comparison game expept for my part i will compare what is fair, meaning i will compare with Madonna's last solo single  video and not a video with Michael Jackson, The Weeknd or Taylor Swift in it 😉

Padam Padal video : 18 millions views in 4 months.

God Control : 9 millions on 4 years.

It's funny to see how 2 years ago some fans were annoyed when someone dared to compare the performance of Cold Heart with the last singles of Madonna and pointed out how unfair it was to compare a song of Elton John & Dua Lipa with the collabs that Madonna made with less popular/successful artists or solo singles.

I guess some things changed...

happy youtube GIF

1 minute ago, Posth said:

It's funny to see how 2 years ago some fans were annoyed when someone dared to compare the performance of Cold Heart with the last singles of Madonna and pointed out how unfair it was to compare a song of Elton John & Dua Lipa with the collabs that Madonna made with less popular/successful artists or solo singles.

I guess some things changed...

happy youtube GIF

I don't feel concerned cause i have never made that kind of comparison before, but honestly i'm tired of fans getting upset when you mention the success of another female singer. I just say that what Kylie achieve by her own name, with no current young and big names as featured artist, being a white woman of 55 yo, not american and after 35 years of career is pretty remarkable. 

5 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I don't feel concerned cause i have never made that kind of comparison before, but honestly i'm tired of fans getting upset when you mention the success of another female singer. I just say that what Kylie achieve by her own name, with no current young and big names as featured artist, being a white woman of 55 yo, not american and after 35 years of career is pretty remarkable. 

THANK YOU!

6 minutes ago, Mden said:

Tension(song) peaked at 46 in Australia . And the album is to fall off the the top five possibly even top ten in it’s 2nd week in the UK. With all the hype and promotion it had one would be disappointed. 

I would be interested on reading your theory about the post you seem to ignore, the last Madonna solo single,  God Control having 9 millions views in 4 years and Padam Padam having 18 millions views in 4 months ?! I'd like to understand the reason of that flop for Kylie and that triumph for Madonna 🤔

Just now, Redha DBL said:

I would be interested on reading your theory about the post you seem to ignore, the last Madonna solo single,  God Control having 9 millions views in 4 years and Padam Padam having 18 millions views in 4 months ?! I'd like to understand the reason of that flop for Kylie and that triumph for Madonna 🤔

Both YouTube figures are nothing to write home about and quite low for both of them.

But especially 18M for a supposedly worldwide viral song is quite bad. At least use the Spotify stats to compare both songs, "Padam" is way higher and with a more respectable number, 79M.

Oh and you forgot to mention than "Padam Padam" was the 1st single and video from a project, while "God Control" was the sixth video and wasn't even a single.

4 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Madame X was unconcerned with mass consumption. It was a bold bizarre brilliant experimental album.

20 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

So what does that mean? That Padam is better than God Control? I don't think so. I love Kylie and her success is indeed remarkable, but after a while, you have to stop looking at the charts, streamings, views on YouTube and develop your own critical mind. 

And by the way, this trend isn't new, Girl gone wild, Turn up the radio, Living for Love or Ghoswtown were 1000 times better than any single by Gaga (her "rival" at the time).

So yes, there is a problem, and that problem is that Madonna has been literally spat on by the media since she turned 50, and no matter what she does, everyone tries to take her down. Let her continue to do what she wants, I'll continue to love her and not give a damn about the charts, the general public or the media. and I think I'm far from being the only one.

14 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Medellin has 56 million views though

5 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

So what does that mean? That Padam is better than God Control? I don't think so. I love Kylie and her success is indeed remarkable, but after a while, you have to stop looking at the charts and develop your own critical mind. 

And by the way, this trend isn't new, Girl gone wild, Turn up the radio, Living for Love or Ghoswtown were 1000 times better than any single by Gaga (her "rival" at the time).

So yes, there is a problem, and that problem is that Madonna has been literally spat on by the media since she turned 50, and no matter what she does, everyone tries to take her down. Let her continue to do what she wants, I'll continue to love her and not give a damn about the charts, the general public or the media. and I think I'm far from being the only one.

What are you talking about? 2012-2016 were not good years for Gaga. She flopped commercially just as bad as Madonna. 

18 minutes ago, Mden said:

Madame X was unconcerned with mass consumption. It was a bold bizarre brilliant experimental album.

Well, for sure it's a special album.

12 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

So what does that mean? That Padam is better than God Control? I don't think so. I love Kylie and her success is indeed remarkable, but after a while, you have to stop looking at the charts and develop your own critical mind. 

This is excatly my point !!! I've maybe not said it in this thread but i've said it several times in the Kylie thread. The thing is not about mainly music, it's about the public and media perceptions of those women.