Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

2 hours ago, Lucas B. said:

Now that the tour has ended, and in such a splendorous way, I can't help but feel a little sad. For weeks I saw reports about the concert on TV, everywhere people were talking about it, and now it has ended. This was my first M concert ever, and I still can't believe I was there. I wish I could live on that moment forever, it was so special that I just can't put it into words, I feel blessed I had the opportunity to see her after so many years of wait. I hope this was the first time of many to come.

Glad you had fun!

9 hours ago, DJ N A said:

I'm not arguing about vocals. I don't care.

I'm answering his question about why the AUDIENCE is seen seemingly singing out of sync with the performance.

That's all.

Y'all can argue about polished vocals but leave me out of it.

The consistently out of sync audience should in fact be due to merging the audience recording with that of the soundboard. The timing might have been misaligned from the start and remained so throughout.

While the audio feed directly from the mixing console has no delays, the audio reaching the audience through the event's speakers has a slight delay, causing temporal incongruence. They must be synced, because even if you record them simultaneously if you merge them together they're not in sync, obviously.

In my opinion, they attempted an endeavor that no one had ever tried before. I believe it's the first time someone has tried to modify an entire show's audio in just ten minutes and then immediately broadcast it. The likelihood of making mistakes or overlooking certain things, in my opinion, is extremely high.

14 hours ago, stefo said:

QUICK OFF TOPIC: I'm definitely not a Gaga fan, I can't really get in touch with her music or live performances and I neither consider her looks interesting usually (except the infamous meat dress wich was really something) BUT last night guys, she really slayed!

Her dress was itself a show :hearteyes:

441032333_7525227474261936_2996231884790

Speaking of things being out of sync….

51 minutes ago, Lorx said:

The consistently out of sync audience should in fact be due to merging the audience recording with that of the soundboard. The timing might have been misaligned from the start and remained so throughout.

While the audio feed directly from the mixing console has no delays, the audio reaching the audience through the event's speakers has a slight delay, causing temporal incongruence. They must be synced, because even if you record them simultaneously if you merge them together they're not in sync, obviously.

In my opinion, they attempted an endeavor that no one had ever tried before. I believe it's the first time someone has tried to modify an entire show's audio in just ten minutes and then immediately broadcast it. The likelihood of making mistakes or overlooking certain things, in my opinion, is extremely high.

Hmmm. Live broadcasts happen with sports events and all sorts of things all the time without issues. I’m not saying everything should be expected to be perfect but with today’s technology syncing up multiple audio sources shouldn’t be complicated for an entire team of professionals with a 10 minute delay up their sleeve. 10 minutes is very generous, in fact, it is not technically a live broadcast really.

In those parts where her lips didn’t match the audio instead of trying to adjust the audio they could very easily have cut to a wide shot or some dancers to cover it up. I really think they did a bad job protecting Madonna’s reputation at times because there are moments where it appears she is just terrible at lip syncing. Holiday she is literally singing different words at one point. That shot should never have gone to air like that.

i really do not understand this sound discussion, the synch discussion, i mean ... did you really expect that she allows eurovision to possibly happen again? no f way! the whole tour was a redemption to her reputation. the music, her cultural impact, but yes, also to shut everyone up about her face, ass and vocals. i expected them to be overly protective of her. that means you fuck up a little here and there. minor i'd say.

speaking of fuck. how amazing she delivered one of her best madonna quotes ever???

"you can fuck yourself to the middle, but you can't fuck yourself to the top!"

i can't wait for the mexico release of the show in the arena - that will be such a treat!

i think she might just has delivered the most important tour in her entire career ... a new blueprint. just as she did with blond ambition.

BRAVO!!

Honestly I still think the 10 minute delay was probably more due to security reasons (even with countless security there, imagine something terrible would have happened, on stage or in the audience) than live retouching of each song. I think the backing track was completed pre-show for it to be used on it and probably there were live image adjustments applied, but that was it.

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Honestly I still think the 10 minute delay was probably more due to security reasons (even with countless security there, imagine something terrible would have happened, on stage or in the audience) than live retouching of each song. I think the backing track was completed pre-show for it to be used on it and probably there were live image adjustments applied, but that was it.

Correct, Delays are common added to any live shows to be prepare and protect the audience also. Not just strikers, content control but also accidents.

In this case also allows to give a quick supervision to the vocals and all, as @PHIL says to protect her image too. With the amount of money and production involved you don't want the highlight of the night something like Grimes in Coachella last week.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Hmmm. Live broadcasts happen with sports events and all sorts of things all the time without issues. I’m not saying everything should be expected to be perfect but with today’s technology syncing up multiple audio sources shouldn’t be complicated for an entire team of professionals with a 10 minute delay up their sleeve. 10 minutes is very generous, in fact, it is not technically a live broadcast really.

In those parts where her lips didn’t match the audio instead of trying to adjust the audio they could very easily have cut to a wide shot or some dancers to cover it up. I really think they did a bad job protecting Madonna’s reputation at times because there are moments where it appears she is just terrible at lip syncing. Holiday she is literally singing different words at one point. That shot should never have gone to air like that.

Exactly! ..in the fan recordings of holliday you actually HEAR her sing those wrong words. In the broadcast you hear the right words while her mouth and actual live vocals are not. She was not lipsyncing holliday. The bad edit just make it seem she was. 

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Could be. But still.... 

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

Exactly! ..in the fan recordings of holliday you actually HEAR her sing those wrong words. In the broadcast you hear the right words while her mouth and actual live vocals are not. She was not lipsyncing holliday. The bad edit just make it seem she was. 

Bye bye 

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Live broadcasts happen with sports events and all sorts of things all the time without issues. I’m not saying everything should be expected to be perfect but with today’s technology syncing up multiple audio sources shouldn’t be complicated for an entire team of professionals with a 10 minute delay up their sleeve. 10 minutes is very generous, in fact, it is not technically a live broadcast really.

They had to sync multiple audio sources and they miserably failed. And they also had to switch between at least 5 audio sources (which had to be synched).

I guess it was not that easy to do it in 10 minutes, because they failed. And one of these sources (the audience sound) was not synched from the beginning to the end of the show.

There are two things: Either Madonna relied on a team of amateurs with little knowledge of editing audiovisual material (Ricardo Gomes? 😆) or it was not so easy to do so and notice in ten minutes such blatant inconsistencies

Totally agree with this:

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

5 hours ago, PHIL said:

i really do not understand this sound discussion, the synch discussion, i mean ... did you really expect that she allows eurovision to possibly happen again? no f way! the whole tour was a redemption to her reputation. the music, her cultural impact, but yes, also to shut everyone up about her face, ass and vocals. i expected them to be overly protective of her. that means you fuck up a little here and there. minor i'd say.

speaking of fuck. how amazing she delivered one of her best madonna quotes ever???

"you can fuck yourself to the middle, but you can't fuck yourself to the top!"

i can't wait for the mexico release of the show in the arena - that will be such a treat!

i think she might just has delivered the most important tour in her entire career ... a new blueprint. just as she did with blond ambition.

BRAVO!!

Yeah, I have to agree.  This show and broadcast was the best thing to happen to her.  The "audio" discussion is just obsessive nitpicking at this point.  No one is talking about it or bothered by it, but the couple who keep repeating it.  At the end of the day, she scored big time here and we should be appreciative and happy of that. 

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

6 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Correct, Delays are common added to any live shows to be prepare and protect the audience also. Not just strikers, content control but also accidents.

In this case also allows to give a quick supervision to the vocals and all, as @PHIL says to protect her image too. With the amount of money and production involved you don't want the highlight of the night something like Grimes in Coachella last week.

Yesterday I asked a friend of mine who works as a cameraman for live TV shows in Germany how much delay is typical in live broadcasts. He responded that in television shows (talk shows), it can be a few seconds, in sports events up to 30 seconds, and in concerts 10 seconds to a minute, at least in the only three occasions he has worked on concerts. Occasionally, there might be a two-minute delay for specific needs, but he has never experienced a delay of 10 minutes. He mentioned that in such cases, they simply record and broadcast it later, hours or days afterward.

I also read on Instagram that the 12-minute delay was a specific request made by Madonna's team to Globo, not a common request.

Indeed, Madonna's team wanted to make various changes, including the choice of shots. If you notice, during "In This Life," it's all dark, but a couple of men kissing is shown, clearly footage from an earlier moment in the show (as confirmed by the guys themselves). I saw a post about it. It was decided that at that moment they would show a scene of a gay kiss, precisely because it was meant to add meaning to the performance. Madonna's team, in addition to synchronizing various audio tracks to make changes to the audio, had to do editing by choosing the right shots, not just selecting which cameras to show live.

The choice made for "In This Life/Live to Tell" is beautiful, and I'm glad they used this delay to work on a nice edit of the footage. Although, if I were to be overly critical, I might have preferred a more intimate kiss. But probably, it was the only one the cameramen captured from the beginning of the show.

Anyway, we're so happy about her glory and about her show. It's just that here we're on her fan forum, we already said we loved everything, now we're talking about something which made us sad.

But we're still happy about the show!

I'm just sorry for Madonna's image, really. In the mainstream audience, she already doesn't have a reputation for being someone who can sing or someone who sings live, and with such glaring errors, you'd almost think they did it on purpose or didn't have enough time to do such work decently.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic