Madame ❌ 5th anniversary!

Ayham

Just now, MartineX said:

It was that hard to get? 

Yup. I got it from a Filipino seller last year who bought this from a CD shop in the US when it was released. He wanted to sell it since he has the boxset already.

I appreciate this album a lot but i feel like there's still so much wasted potential to It. The ugly visuals and terrible uninspired deluxe album cover, the robotic vocals, and the missed chance of it to being either more cohesive and sticking to its Portugal inspired theme or a whole journey all around the world (Imagine even more traditional music by other countries like China or Japan and even more, what a cool concept imo) but still has so fillers like Medellin, I Rise and overall silly songs that just dont do much (talking about you Bitch and Gostoso). The tour was ok but overall such a terrible era imo, brave inspired piece of work tho.

Not my favorite album by any means, but I adored this era. While the music isn’t my favorite (though I do love some of it dearly), and the eye patch wasn’t my favorite, and the typewriter wasn’t my favorite, I still found the rollout amazing.

Some of the best photoshoots and videos we’ve had in a long time. And she just genuinely seemed so into it, and so inspired for the first time in awhile (compare it to the MDNA era - it’s night and day.)

The tour isn’t her best, but I never thought in a million years I’d get to see her up close in a venue like that. She walked right by me, not a foot away, that night and I’ll never forget it. Like an out of body experience 😂

I got a record player in the last year and just bought the vinyl yesterday for the first time - can’t wait to play it when it arrives. Cheers to 5 years!

One of my favourites, the closest to a real concept album since Confessions, we're talking of 15 years or so. A lot of excellent songs, good melodies, great arrangements, at the same time an eclectic and coherent mood all along the record, a good tracklist order (wich did not happen since years) and in some cases interesting lyrics too (I think she should have gone deeper on some matters though). Visually we had a great video campaing (Batuka is among her best videos ever imo, simple, meaningful and great cinematograpghy) and finally a proper cover shooting (MDNA was nice but HC and RH, another album I adore with all its limits, were really weak imo).

The weak points are the Madame X character not being developed a little more in order to give substance to the storytelling of the project, the messy experimentations wich really seem to lead nowhere (especially Dark Ballet was kinda disappointing, cause the song is brilliant; I never loved God Control, except the intro so ... I remember being really inspired, then the disco strings started :lol:) and the worst ever first single choice in the history of global music (I neither would have included Medelling, Bitch I'm Loca, Back taht up and Looking for mercy in the album tbh).

Anyway RH and MX are the albums I'm more fond of since MUSIC, you can imagine ...

9 minutes ago, stefo said:

:Madonna009: ... sorry, it was just a typo kind of thing. I'm obviously noticing it now, I just should re-read to check what I write (what about Back TAHT up too? :lol:)

Back TAHT up is nowhere as offensive-sound as Medelling, but since you're my favourite anthropologist ever, you know it's all

and

and

so sei perdonato, amato.

And if only she did Words at least once instead of it!

5 minutes ago, stefo said:

Oh sorry @Anapausis, I need you to help me. As I wrote it was just a digiting mistake and I know you are ok with me about this. I just honestly don't know how the MedellinG mistake could have sounded offensive, sorry. I'm honestly ignorant about it, could you help me with this?

Nevermind. Don't worry about. And don't take everything as literally. But Medellin's a city, to a name, to a history of having being a very violent town, home to Pablo Escobar and his cartel, and now they're living their well deserved renaissance after being targeted as a place to not be in for decades. I guess now you get me.

And btw, as you may have noticed through Medellín lyrics, town has an "alternate name," Medalló, as a lovely nickname, as explained here:

https://hinative.com/questions/17986568

Much likely because "medalló" is a way to call "medallón," "medal" in Spanish - in fact "medal" in Catalan is "medalló," and for sure Medellín has deserved a medal for everything they endured for years and how they have arisen from ashes.

6 hours ago, stefo said:

Oh sorry @Anapausis, I need you to help me. As I wrote it was just a typing mistake and I know you are ok with me about this. I just honestly don't know how the MedellinG mistake could have sounded offensive. I'm honestly ignorant about it, could you help me with this?

You'd be wise to just put that one on ignore!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952zm15ngenqehdul7o5i

On 6/14/2024 at 12:06 PM, Shoful said:

Five years ago on Friday June 14th 2019, one of Madonna's best albums was released! It delivered innovation, visuals, themes, personas, and an era unlike anything we've witnessed before!! Let's all celebrate this immaculate album that deserves to be treated better than it was on release!

tumblr_pql08eCjRk1u2gzw0o1_500.gifv

The Artistry:

The Visuals:

20D1F2CB-21D5-4EDE-86AC-36AB8B1EDF24.jpegE65D14EB-D1E6-4542-A09F-AF716A293DC2.jpeg74247F42-A8BD-4D2D-9782-FCC9A8F71B37.jpegmadaxe_x_universal-1.jpg2019+Steven+Klein+%25282019+Madame+X+Tou2019+Steven+Klein+%25282019+Madame+X+Touoriginal

The Album: 

Performances:

The Documentary:

Beautiful! The artistry and photos were out of this world! 

• RUADJAI featured this topic
On 6/17/2024 at 6:22 PM, Pedro Beltran said:

@AnapausisFirst We Feast Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

😉

I am a troglodite (here in Brazil this is the funny way to say someone's poliglot).

Wish I were omniglot. But not even the greatest linguist would be able to such.

After all, languages (and tongues) evolve constantly.

Fun fact: the Modern Spiritualism and Spiritism call "xenoglossy" what happened to apostles during Pentecostes Day: instead of speaking languages moved by the Holy Ghost, they (me included) believe Spirits from all known parts of the world incorporated the apostles. Xenoglossy is the psychic faculty to be under a Spirit's control who speaks in a language unknown by the psychic. Mediumnity was pretty common in the Primitive Church, hence why at that time mediums were called prophets - and Paul the Apostle endorsed the work of the mediums, to the point he describes the several psychic faculties as the "diversity of charismas" (I Corinthians). Indeed, the XIX century French philosopher Ernest Renan admited that the main problem between Paul and the church of the Galatians, that led to the biblical epistol aimed at them, was the fact Galatians were inclined by apostles from the church of Jerusalem (who had forbidden all psychic things due to them being already forbidden by the Torah) to avoid the séances in favour of a more akin to Jew way to deal to the deceased. For the first time (and last time for the biblical surviving epistols), Paul details in this same epistol - Galatians - his conflict to the church of Jerusalem and their loyalty to Judaism and the Torah in opposition to the new testament meant by Jesus, in a way the Acts of the Apostles conveniently deny, during the first Apostolic Council held in 49 CE.

Yes, @Honey Little, u know me piojitx. And u 2, cuate.