MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

Results recap so far:

Many THANKS to MeantToBeIconic for taking the time in compiling the results!!!

#240-#248 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=154441

240 – Superpop

241 -- Let Down Your Guard

242 -- I'm Going Bananas

243 – Stay

244 – Boum

245 -- Can't Stop

246 – Incredible

247 -- Best Friend

248 -- Love Makes the World Go Round

#249-#254  http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152962 [song with * has a different link]

249 -- Autotune Baby

250 - Bang Bang Boom

251 -- Take It Back

252 -- Back That Up (Do It)

254 -- Ain't No Big Deal

254 -- Hey You

*254 – Score http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152155

#255-#260 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152783 [songs with * have a different link]

*255 -- B-Day Song (feat. M.I.A.) http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152155

255 -- Santa Baby

*256 -- Did You Do It? http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152155

256 -- Shoo-Bee-Doo

257 -- Freedom (Bedtime Stories)

258 -- Take a Day

259 – Superstar

260 -- The Beat Is So Crazy (feat. Madonna)

#261-#265 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152511

261/262 -- Up Down Suite + Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix) 

263 -- Jimmy Jimmy

264 -- Cry Baby

265 -- Spanish Lesson

Score, Did You Do It, and B-Day Song are actually at the bottom, they were just numbered incorrectly. Sorry!

But thanks for compiling! Glad I'm not the only one who's doing some work for this  :hearteyes:

Score, Did You Do It, and B-Day Song are actually at the bottom, they were just numbered incorrectly. Sorry!

But thanks for compiling! Glad I'm not the only one who's doing some work for this  :hearteyes:

Thanks for the info! The recap list is edited with those 3 at the bottom. :)

Btw #253 is missing but there are two #254 - Ain't No Big Deal & Hey You. 

After the recap one thing seems almost certain: when Madonna wants to be funny fans don't appreciate...

Let's see I'm going bananas 242, Boum 244, Santa Baby 255, Cry baby 264!

And in a certain way also Superpop, B-Day song.

Autotune baby and Jimmy Jimmy and Spanish Lessons are supposed to be funny too? Who knows? Could be the tropic heat...

Also "political" Madonna is underrater: Love makes the world go round, Hey you, Freedom. I hope American Life does better, it's one of my favourites ever! :fight:

Now I am very curious to find out who will win between the sentimental Madonna :Madonna042:  and the dancing Madonna :Madonna013: : but considering that almost everybody wants to here LDLHA on tour (and pleeease not the dance remix!!) the heart may still win over the legs...

After the recap one thing seems almost certain: when Madonna wants to be funny fans don't appreciate...

Let's see I'm going bananas 242, Boum 244, Santa Baby 255, Cry baby 264!

And in a certain way also Superpop, B-Day song.

Autotune baby and Jimmy Jimmy and Spanish Lessons are supposed to be funny too? Who knows? Could be the tropic heat...

Also "political" Madonna is underrater: Love makes the world go round, Hey you, Freedom. I hope American Life does better, it's one of my favourites ever! :fight:

Now I am very curious to find out who will win between the sentimental Madonna :Madonna042:  and the dancing Madonna :Madonna013: : but considering that almost everybody wants to here LDLHA on tour (and pleeease not the dance remix!!) the heart may still win over the legs...

very well said - except the american life part :bothered2:

Alright, more coming tonight!

But first, an album tally

We've lost from...

Madonna: 0/8

Like A Virgin: 2/10

True Blue: 2/11

Like a Prayer: 0/11

Erotica: 1/14

Bedtime Stories: 0/11

Ray of Light: 0/15

Music: 0/13

American Life: 0/11

COADF: 1/15 (SHAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEE ON YOU)

Hard Candy: 2/13

MDNA: 4/18

Rebel Heart: 1/25

Hmm.... interesting. And we still haven't lost a single. I wonder when that will change and which one it will be...

Picking back up from where I left it last, starting with...

Posted Image

#239 -- Act of Contrition

Average Score: 5.7

Highest Score: 10x1 (@@rol1974)

Lowest Score: 1x1 (@@voguemadonna)

So when I first heard this and noticed it was "Like a Prayer" backwards, I was all like, "wtf i must have gotten a bad copy" and then I heard her talking and was like "maybe not" and then she started shouting about her reservation and I was just like "damn just go somewhere else if it's not in the computer." and I stayed away from it forever but now it's one of my favorite tracks from Like a Prayer cause it's really fucky and the perfect closer.

Next...

Posted Image

#238 -- Pretender

Average Score: 5.7

Highest Score: 8x3 (@@unapologeticheart, @@rol1974, @GHouse)

Lowest Score: 1x1 (@@musicinferno)

The third Like a Virgin track to go. Apparently, the album tracks don't really get that much love around here. Of the non-singles, this one is my favorite. I catch myself singing it all the time, but that by no means means this song is that great.

Next...

Posted Image

#237 -- Dear Father

Average Score: 5.75

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@rol1974)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@@musicinferno)

This is my favorite of the Erotica unreleased tracks. I'd imagine it'd fit right in, so I don't even have a reason why it wasn't included. The other two, different story. But this one's great. Easily in my top 10 unreleased.

Next...

Posted Image

#236 -- You Are The One

Average Score: 5.75

Highest Scores: 9x2 (@@groovyguy and @@Dazedmadonna)

Lowest Scores: 2x3 (@@NowRadiate, @@Alibaba, and @@Fighter)

From the record scratches in the beginning, I knew I was going to like this one. Still not as much as Dear Father (which this song beat by a slim margin), but a lot. Not quite as catchy as some of the others, but still a good offering. Everything that came from Erotica was godly, tbh

Next...

Posted Image

#235 -- Love Won't Wait

Average Score: 5.8

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@@InfinityWithin)

I'm not gonna lie, I don't care for any of the Bedtime Stories demos. But this one is, in my opinion, the best one. And the only one I can really imagine being on the album (with a little tune-up). Her voice is sweet and airy, and this one is nice to listen to, all things considered.

Next...

Posted Image

#234 -- Each Time You Break My Heart

Average Score: 5.8

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest Scores: 3x4 (@@devilpray, @@sidney78a, @@musicinferno, @@Fighter)

This is so much better then those other two from True Blue that got knocked out earlier, even in this demo form. Jimmy Who? Love Makes the Who Go Round? I've never heard of her. (I know in the initial ratings I put this in the wrong spot and I'm super sorry)

Next...

Posted Image

#233 -- Alone With You

Average Score: 5.85

Lowest Scores: 2x3 (@@InfinityWithin, @@NowRadiate, and @@musicinferno)

I like this song. It's alright. But in the comparison of the rest of Rebel Heart, and even the demos, this one is lacking. It's just boring and doesn't really go anywhere. I'm not sure if Rockdonna will ever work outside of stadium tours, tbh

Next...

Posted Image

#234 -- Miss You

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@slave)

Lowest Scores: 2x3 (@@NowRadiate, @@Alibaba, @@musicinferno)

#LikeItOrNotLyricsClocked. For real though, this is a fun little folk diddy, but easily my least favorite of the American Life demos. Not to say it's bad, it's just poorly mastered. And a little on the empty side. Which also isn't bad, it's just that nothing on American Life was that empty, so...

Next...

Posted Image

#231 -- I Know It

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@InfinityWithin)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@@sidney78a)

Without a doubt worst track off of Madonna. The shift from the verse to the chorus is too strange, and doesn't do the track any favors. Neither do the lyrics IN the chorus, tbh

Finally...

Posted Image

#230 -- I Can't Forget

Average Score: 5.9

Highest Score: 10x1 (@@groovyguy)

Lowest Scores: 2x3 (@@InfinityWithin, @@NowRadiate, and @@musicinferno)

Is it just me, or do those lowest three raters not like anything? For real tho, I CAN'T FORGET how this didn't get on to Something to Remember. It's so beautiful, Madonna's vocals are great, and the production is wonderfully simple, and the lyrics are pretty nice! It's in my sad-times playlist, and for good reason. Cause it gets them feels moving.

Alright, here's the next batch. Discuss  :Madonna003: 

OBJECTION! OBJECTION!!

Act of Contriction deserves more .than the 239th ..  :wide-eyes: ...  :cryin2: ...  

About the rest, basically it's ok.

Maybe I wouldn't have penalized that much Miss You for now (wasn't it written for one of those mid-2000s musicals?) 

And I deeply disagree about the 243rd position of Stay, wich is my favourite not-single track from LAV.

I also feel the weekness of TB and LAV as whole albums, by the way.

Results recap so far:

[updated: August 26th, 2015]

Many THANKS to MeantToBeIconic for taking the time in compiling the results!!!

#230-#239 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=155513

230 -- I Can't Forget [Something to Remember Era]

231 -- I Know It [Madonna]

232 -- Miss You [Reinvention Tour Era / Musical Projects]

233 -- Alone With You [Rebel Heart Era]

234 -- Each Time You Break My Heart [True Blue Era]

235 -- Love Won't Wait [bedtime Stories Era]

236 -- You Are The One [Erotica Era]

237 -- Dear Father [Erotica Era]

238 – Pretender [Like a Virgin]

239 -- Act of Contrition [Like a Prayer]

#240-#248 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=154441

240 – Superpop [COADF Icon Members download bonus track]

241 -- Let Down Your Guard [b-Side Secret UK Single]

242 -- I'm Going Bananas [i’m Breathless]

243 – Stay [Like a Virgin]

244 – Boum [Reinvention Tour Era / Musical Projects]
245 -- Can't Stop [Who’s That Girl OST]

246 – Incredible [Hard Candy]

247 -- Best Friend [MDNA]

248 -- Love Makes the World Go Round [True Blue]

#249-#254 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152962

249 -- Autotune Baby [Rebel Heart]

250 - Bang Bang Boom [MDNA Era]

251 -- Take It Back [Rebel Heart Era]

252 -- Back That Up (Do It) [Rebel Heart Era]

254 -- Ain't No Big Deal [Madonna Era / B-Side True Blue Single]

254 -- Hey You [Live Earth]

#255-#260 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152783

255 -- Santa Baby [A Very Special Christmas Vol 1]

256 -- Shoo-Bee-Doo [Like a Virgin]

257 -- Freedom [bedtime Stories Era]

258 -- Take a Day [Rebel Heart Era]

259 – Superstar [MDNA]

260 -- The Beat Is So Crazy (feat. Madonna) [Hard Candy Era]

#261-#265 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152511

261/262 -- Up Down Suite [Erotica Era / B-Side Rain Single] + Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix) [MDNA]

263 -- Jimmy Jimmy [True Blue]

264 -- Cry Baby [i’m Breathless]

265 -- Spanish Lesson [Hard Candy]

#266-#268 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152155

266 – Score [Rebel Heart Era]

267 -- B-Day Song (feat. M.I.A.) [MDNA]

268 -- Did You Do It? [Erotica Era]

Album Tally http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=155484

Album Title / # of Eliminated Tracks / Total Tracks / Eliminated Tracks

Madonna: 1/8: I Know It [231]

Like a Virgin: 3/10: Pretender[238]; Stay[243]; Shoo-Bee-Doo[256]

True Blue: 2/11: Love Makes the World Go Round[248] / Jimmy Jimmy[263]

Who’s That Girl: 1/4: Can't Stop [245]

Like a Prayer: 1/11: Act of Contrition [239]

I’m Breathless: 2/12: I'm Going Bananas[242] / Cry Baby[264]

Erotica: 1/14: Did You Do It?[268]

Bedtime Stories: 0/11 

COADF: 1/15: SuperPop[240]

Hard Candy: 2/13: Incredible[246] / Spanish Lesson[265]

MDNA: 4/18: Best Friend[247] / Superstar[259] / B-Day Song[267] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)[262]

Rebel Heart: 1/25: Autotune Baby[249]

Ok, here goes the next round, which are now 10 at a time!

Kicking it off...

Posted Image

#229 -- Shame

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@@Re-InventionUK)

We have lost our last Erotica demo, none of which are apparently that popular among the fanbase. Personally, this one was my least favorite. a tad too long and too repetitive. But hey, still better than B-Day song.

Next...

Posted Image

#228 -- Into The Hollywood Groove

Highest Scores: 9x2 (@@groovyguy and @@devilpray)

Alright, I'm actually a bit surprised this isn't lower. Sure, Missy adds some slick bars, but the Old Navy bit is just too much, you feel? Creative, sure, but  :Madonna053: 

Next....

Our first lost single...

Posted Image

#227 -- Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)

Average Score: 5.95

Lowest Scores: 2x2 (@@NowRadiate and @@devilpray)

I don't get why nobody likes this song. Sure, it's not the best or most convincing lead single, but if it had been an album track, you would all have different attitudes about it. And you know you're glad this started the Madonna/Nicki collab streak. And the video is perfection, tbh...

I actually didn't really realize how much I liked this song until I didn't listen to it for a while and I heard the instrumental. Don't know why, but I got a whole new appreciation for the song  :smokey: 

Next...

Posted Image

#226 -- Trust No Bitch (feat. Natalia Kills for like .2 seconds)

Average Score: 6.00

This was the track I waited for and wanted the most when the leaks were happening. Just by the title, I was beyond excited for the Kills penmanship. Then it leaked, and the instrumentation got me so pumped! Then I saw the time and was kinda like  :mama001: (and the 'hand on his testes lyrics had me like  :mama006: ) . It was way too short. And the little Natalia bit at the end was also way too short, but hella funny. Overall, really bitchy, funny track, but definitely not album material.

Next...

Posted Image

#225 -- Ring My Bell

Average Score: 6.05

Highest Scores: 9x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest Scores: 3x1 (@@stefo)

Middle of the road, at best. I listen to it, and have fun, and am like "u go get ur ring my bell on" when I listen to it, but when I leave and think about Hard Candy, I never think of this song. I understand why it was given bonus track duty.

Next...

Posted Image

#224 -- One More Chance

Average Score: 6.05

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest Scores: 4x2 (@@Alibaba and @@Fighter)

When you were voting, why didn't you go back and give this song ONE MORE CHANCE and reconsider it? I first discovered this song while I was feeling super sad, and it didn't help, but I still love the guitar and Madonna pairing and how acoustic it is. Her notes can sound a tad sharp in the chorus, but that's what makes it so Madonna.

Next...

Posted Image

#223 -- Tragic Girl

Average Score: 6.1

Not the best sad Madonna song. It's the chorus that hurts it. But the verses are so  :Madonna041: . I actually catch myself singing the first one all the time. But just like other RH demos, this one just doesn't really go anywhere is a bit empty, but still a good direction for balladry for Madonna.

Next...

Posted Image

#222 -- I'm In Love With Love

Average Score: 6.15

Highest Scores: 9x1 (@voguemadonna)

Lowest Scores: 2x3 (@@InfinityWithin, @@NowRadiate, and @musicinferno)

My opinion about Rockdonna still stands. Also, what's up with the lyrical transition from the verses to the chorus?

Next...

Posted Image

#221 -- Some Girls

Highest Scores: 9x2 (@MeantToBeIconic and @unapologeticheart)

Lowest Scores: 2x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Honesty time: MDNA was my first Madonna album, so I have sentimental value attached to it. Being an EDM-junkie, I love this album, and on first listen this track stuck out the most, behind Gang Bang. I loved the lyrics, and the William Orbit production was among my favorites. I loved all the vocal tricks they were doing, so I have a hard time with this placing so low, but oh well.

Next...

Posted Image

#220 -- Don't Stop

Highest Scores: 9x2 (@@NowRadiate and @@InfinityWithin)

Lowest Scores: 2x1 (@slave)

Our first track from Bedtime Stories is gone! We all knew this one was first to go. It's not bad by any means, but it's just a little too simple. It feels just a bit like a cop-out. It's fun and all, but it's just not enough to stack up against the rest of the album.

There's today's ten! Discuss! More coming again tomorrow!

[updated] Results Recap so far:

Many THANKS to MeantToBeIconic for taking the time in compiling the results!!!

#220-#239 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=155845

220 -- Don't Stop [bedtime Stories]

221 -- Some Girls [MDNA]

222 -- I'm In Love With Love [Reinvention Tour Era / Musical Projects]

223 -- Tragic Girl [Rebel Heart Era]

224 -- One More Chance [something to Remember]

225 -- Ring My Bell [Hard Candy / Japanese and iTunes pre-order bonus track]

226 -- Trust No Bitch [Rebel Heart Era]

227 -- Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.) [MDNA]

228 -- Into The Hollywood Groove

229 – Shame [Erotica Era]

#230-#239 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=155513

230 -- I Can't Forget [Something to Remember Era]

231 -- I Know It [Madonna]

232 -- Miss You [Reinvention Tour Era / Musical Projects]

233 -- Alone With You [Rebel Heart Era]

234 -- Each Time You Break My Heart [True Blue Era]

235 -- Love Won't Wait [bedtime Stories Era]

236 -- You Are The One [Erotica Era]

237 -- Dear Father [Erotica Era]

238 – Pretender [Like a Virgin]

239 -- Act of Contrition [Like a Prayer]

#240-#248 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=154441

240 – Superpop [COADF Icon Members download bonus track]

241 -- Let Down Your Guard [b-Side Secret UK Single]

242 -- I'm Going Bananas [i’m Breathless]

243 – Stay [Like a Virgin]

244 – Boum [Reinvention Tour Era / Musical Projects]
245 -- Can't Stop [Who’s That Girl OST]

246 – Incredible [Hard Candy]

247 -- Best Friend [MDNA]

248 -- Love Makes the World Go Round [True Blue]

#249-#254 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152962

249 -- Autotune Baby [Rebel Heart]

250 - Bang Bang Boom [MDNA Era]

251 -- Take It Back [Rebel Heart Era]

252 -- Back That Up (Do It) [Rebel Heart Era]

254 -- Ain't No Big Deal [Madonna Era / B-Side True Blue Single]

254 -- Hey You [Live Earth]

#255-#260 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152783

255 -- Santa Baby [A Very Special Christmas Vol 1]

256 -- Shoo-Bee-Doo [Like a Virgin]

257 -- Freedom [bedtime Stories Era]

258 -- Take a Day [Rebel Heart Era]

259 – Superstar [MDNA]

260 -- The Beat Is So Crazy (feat. Madonna) [Hard Candy Era]

#261-#265 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152511

261/262 -- Up Down Suite [Erotica Era / B-Side Rain Single] + Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix) [MDNA]

263 -- Jimmy Jimmy [True Blue]

264 -- Cry Baby [i’m Breathless]

265 -- Spanish Lesson [Hard Candy]

#266-#268 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152155

266 – Score [Rebel Heart Era]

267 -- B-Day Song (feat. M.I.A.) [MDNA]

268 -- Did You Do It? [Erotica Era]

Album Tally http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=155484

Album Title / # of Eliminated Tracks / Total Tracks / Eliminated Tracks

Madonna: 1/8: I Know It [231]

Like a Virgin: 3/10: Pretender[238]; Stay[243]; Shoo-Bee-Doo[256]

True Blue: 2/11: Love Makes the World Go Round[248] / Jimmy Jimmy[263]

Who’s That Girl: 1/4: Can't Stop [245]

Like a Prayer: 1/11: Act of Contrition [239]

I’m Breathless: 2/12: I'm Going Bananas[242] / Cry Baby[264]

Erotica: 1/14: Did You Do It?[268]

Bedtime Stories: 1/11: Don't Stop[220]

Something to Remember: 1/8: One More Chance[224]

COADF: 1/15: Superpop[240]

Hard Candy: 3/13: Incredible[246] / Spanish Lesson[265] / Ring My Bell[225]

MDNA: 6/18: Best Friend[247] / Superstar[259] / B-Day Song[267] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)[262] / Some Girls[221] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)[ 227]

Rebel Heart: 1/25: Autotune Baby[249]