Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I have a question for you, does Best Night sound like it could have been a cool opener to settle the environment of the record?

That's how I have it in my playlist. :D

Can Ijust say how I adore this album?!It gets better and better with every listen.There is sass, there is class.There's rebellion, and heartbreak; attitude and sensitivity; intelligence and emotion.Madonna gets it. She just gets it.Too bad not everyone does.They will though. In the endPeople appreciated Erotica 20 years after its release.Thank you for another brilliant album!

Liz Smith: Madonna's not like other girls:

From the Liz Smith column on the Chicago Tribune:

Madonna, she’s not like other girls

I lived my life like a masochist. Hearing my father say/’I told you so; I told you so. Why can’t you be like other girls? I said: ‘Oh, no, that’s not me/And I don’t think it ever will be’

Those are some of Madonna’s lyrics from the title track of her upcoming Rebel Heart album.

Whatever Madonna does, whomever she marries, beds, or no matter how many children she has, whatever her age, she will never ever be like “other girls.â€

Also, apparently, Madonna will never reconcile her issues with her dad. (One of the star’s most powerful songs, with an accompanying haunting video, was 1989’s Oh, Father.)

Madonna refuses to bow down to any tiresome convention relating to her art or to what is expected of a woman over 40. (Her recent accident on stage in London, wound up too tightly in a cape, causing her to fall, has unleashed the usual ageist trolling vitriol on social media. When did 56 become “old?â€)

La Ciccone’s new album is a source of tremendous controversy already. Half of it was hacked and leaked, forcing the star to officially release six songs. The deluxe version of the disc contains 25 tunes. England’s most popular newspaper, The Sun, says Rebel Heart is the greatest album of Madonna’s long career, and reviews 10 of the albums unreleased songs.

The pop icon also decorates the cover of Rolling Stone magazine yet again, profiled by the excellent Brian Hiatt. (I keep waiting for Madonna to become “irrelevant†but somehow that never quite happens.) Madonna talks of many things — her chronic insomnia (although she can’t relate to people “who sleep 12 hours a dayâ€) … her four children … her parenting (“bossy — but what parent isn’t?â€) … what she might have been (a schoolteacher in Detroit) … the sexism inherent when a woman displays herself … how Guy Ritchie didn’t approve of her image (who did he think he married?) … Kanye West (“He’s a beautiful mess. I love himâ€) … still trying to understand the “degrading†remarks made about her age … her mortality (“In some respects I will never die. Because art is immortalâ€) … Lady Gaga (There is no feud: “Here’s the thing. One day everyone’s going to have to shut up about it. You’ll see! I have a plan.â€)

And finally, writer Hiatt asks her if she is still open to falling in love again?

“Definitely. Yes.â€

“That was a fast answer.â€

“I don’t doubt love for a second. Come on, listen to my songs!â€

Well, for all the blatant behavior — for which she makes no apology — underneath, Madonna has always been the ultimate romantic. That’s why I think her mournful ballads will be better remembered in years to come than her dance tracks.

Rolling Stone also reviews Rebel Heart, giving it three and a half stars, calling it a “long, passionate, self-referential meditation on losing love and finding purpose in chilling times. … Madonna does have a rebel heart and you can’t fault her for reminding us that pop music is all the better for it.â€

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2015/ghosttown-is-the-second-single-from-rebel-heart/

Ghosttown is the second single from Rebel Heart

BY MADONNATRIBE Â· FEBRUARY 27, 2015

Hardly a news, as the album stickers we showed you a few weeks ago were certainly a strong hint and we were also among those who were told, and reported that the beautiful Ghosttown was strongly considered as the follow-up to Living For Love in the new era.

At the taping of the Madonna special episode last night Jonathan Ross gavethe heartfelt ballad co-penned by his guest together with Jason Evigan, Sean Douglas and Evan Bogart the official seal when he announced it as the second single from the Rebel Heart album.

And speaking of single, MadonnaTribe can exclusively report that Ghosttown is going receive a video treatment, but the clip won’t probably be ready before the beginning of the month of April. On the other hand, chances are that the song will impact radio much sooner than that!

Posted Image

Can Ijust say how I adore this album?!It gets better and better with every listen.There is sass, there is class.There's rebellion, and heartbreak; attitude and sensitivity; intelligence and emotion.Madonna gets it. She just gets it.Too bad not everyone does.They will though. In the endPeople appreciated Erotica 20 years after its release.Thank you for another brilliant album!

Same here. For me this is now my favorite M album overtaking Like A Prayer. 

Amazon.co.uk also has the Rebel Heart tour pre-sale code with pre-orders until March 9th (tickets go on sale on March 12th):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/l/?node=5831951031

When you order Madonna's album Rebel Heart on CD, MP3 or Vinyl (the “Qualifying Itemâ€) you'll receive a passcode (the “Offerâ€). The passcode will give you access to a 30-hour presale window (between 10:00 GMT on Thursday, 12 March, 2015 to 16:00 GMT on Friday, 13 March, 2015) during which you'll get the chance to buy up to two (2) tickets to one of Madonna's 2015 UK tour dates from ticketmaster.co.uk before general release to the public.

Each customer may claim a maximum of one Offer. The Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Monday, 9 March, 2015.

Madonna's music has been the soundtrack to my life for years. Luving this era despite everything that has gone wrong for her and for now Rebel Heart is my favorite Madonna album. I find it hard to really compare her albums cos' they are different eras with different sound and lyrical message. But really my favorite M album changes all the time depending on what I'm going through and what is happening in my life.

i'm thinking of preordering the album from WOW HD. Has anyone had any experience with them in the past? Do they sell their cd's sealed? and does it matter wich country i order from?

Mine came sealed. There is one thing about them, I think they sell high quality fakes or something.... I ordered The Complete Studio Albums (1983-2008) and the cardboard sleeves and the discs do not have the same glossy finish on them like the one I ordered off Amazon did.

Chance The Rapper Speaks On Relationship With Madonna

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.32739/title.chance-the-rapper-speaks-on-relationship-with-madonna-malia-obama-on-the-breakfast-club?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hiphopdx%2Fnews+%28HipHopDX.com%29

Chance says that he and the Material Girl are "close friends."

Just a few weeks ago, Madonna released her Chance the Rapper featured track, "Iconic." News that the two were working together surfaced on the Internet several weeks prior.

On the Breakfast Club, Chance detailed exactly how he linked up with "The Material Girl."

"We're close friends," Chance says of his relationship with Madonna. "She's a very respectable woman...I met her through Frank Ocean, who's a friend of mine, he brought her to a show once...Madonna knows what's up."

Chance landed on the song "Iconic" after another Hip Hop veteran decided to turn down the guest spot on the upbeat, trap-infused pop song.

"We were at some festival and I got a call from Jay Z," Chance recalls "He was like 'yo Madonna asked me to get on this "Iconic" record and I think that it would be better if someone who's a new person I think can be a new icon got on the record."

I have actively tried to avoid reading any info/discussion on track listing until around about now - when I hoped things would be crystal clear. However, is it seriously true that the Super Deluxe edition only features the 14 track album and then the 6 track bonus disc? This would mean that to get the track Rebel Heart and the other Deluxe tracks, I would need to buy the Deluxe version. Is this seriously, seriously correct?

That is how amazon.co.uk are advertising it and I'm genuinely shocked. I only want one copy and thought the Super version would get me 'everything' :cry: