MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

take a day has classic madonna charm, while take it back sounds very, very dull to me. lol :frown:

i also like the production on take a day 

I feel the same but the opposite way around lol. Either way, I'm glad Pharrell productions are getting some love. One of M's best producers in my opinion.

Excuse me, but Holy Water was the best thing to grace my ears since ARTPOP, so...

A man after my own heart.  :clapp:

Alright, I'm bored, so... Here's more!

Posted Image

#254 -- Ain't No Big Deal

Average Score: 5.3

Highest Scores: 8x1 (@@Re-InventionUK)

Lowest Scores: 2x1 (@@NowRadiate)

All I know is that I haven't listened to this song all the way through yet, and I'm sure I'm better off for it.

Next....

Posted Image

#254 -- Hey You

Average Score: 5.3

Highest Scores: 8x3 (@@Re-InventionUK, @@groovyguy, and @@rol1974)

Lowest Scores: 0x1 (@MeantToBeIconic)

I say, unfortunately, that this is the only Madonna song I just can't stand. Nothing about it is right to me. I just can't. Oof  :Madonna027: 

Moving on...

Posted Image

#252 -- Back That Up (Do It)

Average Score: 5.4

Highest Scores: 8x2 (@@rol1974 and @@groovyguy)

Lowest Scores: 2x3 (@@voguemadonna, @@NowRadiate, and @@Re-InventionUK)

This was my fave of the RH Pharrel outtakes, by far, with Take It Back following close behind ( :Madonna005: ). I love the bounciness of it. More like Hard Candy than Rebel Heart, but whatevs.

Did you catch the smilie?

Posted Image

#251 -- Take It Back

Average Score: 5.45

Highest Scores: 9x2 (@@NowRadiate and @@devilpray)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@GHouse)

And now we've lost all the Pharrel outtakes. I guess some fans are still bitter about Hard Candy? I never thought any of the productions were that bad, actually. The lyrics on the other hand... :bothered2: 

Next....

Posted Image

#250 - Bang Bang Boom

Average Score: 5.45

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@voguemadonna)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@@musicinferno)

Easily one of the more polarizing Madonna demos, the ratings were very split. Personally, I like this a lot, but Gang Bang will always be better. I wonder how MDNA would have sounded if this track had stuck around...

Lastly...

I'm sure some of you were waiting for this one...

Posted Image

#249 -- Autotune Baby

Average Score: 5.5

Highest Scores: 8x3 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@groovyguy, and @@rol1974)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@@musicinferno)

I don't get the bad rap this song gets, I really love it. It's inventive, it's unique (except for the reused cry), and it's pretty banging. The beats are slick and the chorus is nothing but fun. But I guess I'm the only one who thinks like that... :bothered2: 

We're done for now. If I get bored, maybe you'll get more

Wow, look at what we got here.  :devil:

The top of the worst all been properly punished, uh? 

Let me think... what's next? Don't Stop and Ring My Bell I would say.

Anyway the only I would probably save is Back That Up, it's very much Hard Candy but had some style...

I'll be drinking Krug Rosé and sometimes Lemon Drops
I'll be wearing diamond grills and Louboutins a lot

Oh... and Bang Bang Boom, not that bad as an outtake!

I love Autotune Baby, Take It Back and Back That Up.  :drama:

Nooooo poor Back That Up and Autotune Baby :cry:

I love AB as well, that position is so unfair! hahahaha (seriously)  :Madonna023:

Anyway, at least that horrible piece of music called Bang Bang Boom is there. That's the worst thing she ever did. (even worser than Superstar or any RH demo) 

Wow, look at what we got here.  :devil:

The top of the worst all been properly punished, uh? 

Let me think... what's next? Don't Stop and Ring My Bell I would say.

Anyway the only I would probably save is Back That Up, it's very much Hard Candy but had some style...

I'll be drinking Krug Rosé and sometimes Lemon Drops

I'll be wearing diamond grills and Louboutins a lot

Oh... and Bang Bang Boom, not that bad as an outtake!

guys Imm laughing my lungs out - :lol: :lol: this is so relieving!

when done, this list should be sent to guy oseary :ag:

or not just saying oo// 

Wow, I'm CRAZY for Act of Contriction (as for many of her more experimental tracks I have to say). Its powerful beats, the gloomy religious damnation atmosphere, the reversed choir singing used for satanic rituals and the lyrics: in around ten lines they express the whole Catholic conflict point. I think it's the perfect closure for the album.

Dear Jessie, all different story  :cute: ...

I'm so sad for Autotune Baby... I thought it could easily open the album, being so innovative.

And what about Hey You? It always gives me strenght...

Jimmy Jimmy is very poor, but some lyrics remind me of someone that I used to know so it passes the test for me.

The same for Ain't no big deal: the first unreleased song that I bought. And when I found it I was sooo happy! It still brings me the nice memories of that day :smile:

Did you do it? Lyrics are funny and provocative, and I ADORE Waiting in every possibile aspect :)

Songs that should have been between the worst??

I have no doubt: Candy perfume girl. I NEVER listen to this one :hearno:

I rarely listen to Shoo-be-doo, I'd rather be your lover, Spanish lesson, even Love song.

But, I have to admit, I can't stand Dress you up: it's the only song on the RHT setlist that I wish wasn't there...

So I start college tomorrow, and I can't guarantee I'll be able to post tomorrow and I originally wasn't going to post today, but I'll post EIGHT for you all today. Enjoy!

Starting off this go's count...

Posted Image

#248 -- Love Makes the World Go Round

Average Score: 5.5

Highest Scores: 9x1 (@@slave)

Lowest Scores: 1x2 (@@sidney78a and @@musicinferno)

So I know that this is my second least favorite from True Blue, but that's really all I can remember about it. Oh, I also remember liking the 80's positivity, so...

Next...

Posted Image

#247 -- Best Friend

Average Score: 5.55

Highest Scores: 8x3 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@Dazedmadonna, and @@rol1974)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@Ghouse)

Ok, I don't get the dust this song is paid. I REALLY like it, and think it's one of the better MDNA tracks. Somehow I'm the only one who thinks like this? Someone or more than one elaborate please? thx

Next...

Posted Image

#246 -- Incredible

Highest Scores: 9x1 (@@musicinferno)

Lowest Scores: 0x1 (@@NowRadiate)

I can see why people both like and don't like this song. I love the first half, but the second half is a little... iffy. Disappointed this is above Best Friend, tbh, but whatchagonnado, right? Congrats everyone who was waiting for this one to go.  :Madonna056: 

Next...

Posted Image

#245 -- Can't Stop

Highest Scores: 8x2 (@@rol1974 and @)

Lowest Scores: 0x1 (@@NowRadiate)

When I was listening to this, I was just thinking "ew all this repetition. And lyrics got me like :Madonna039: " I get it was the 80's, but this was just ridiculous. I'm sure in the soundtrack, it makes a bit more sense, but I still haven't seen the movie, so... sorryboutit  :Madonna052: 

Next...

Posted Image

#244 -- Boum

Average Score: 5.6

Highest Scores: 10x1(@IninityWithin)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@groovyguy and @@musicinferno)

Ok, so I love the nursery rhyme way this song was sung. This was for musical (?), so I think it's 100% perfect. I don't get the low ratings it was getting though. It's as cute and fun as anything from the eighties, jsyk

Next...

Posted Image

#243 -- Stay

Average Score: 5.6

Highest Scores: 9x1 (@stefo)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@@sidney78a and @@musicinferno)

This is my personal least favorite from Like A Virgin. It's just kinda... meh. Which is actually worse than eh. Petition to re-re-release Like A Virgin with Gambler replacing this please.

Next...

Posted Image#242 -- I'm Going Bananas

Average Score: 5.65

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@slave)

Lowest Scores: 2x2 (@devilpray and @voguemadonna)

Every singer needs their "so-bad-its-good" Latin song. Britney's got "Mmm Papi", and Madonna's got this. It's hilarious and a roarin' good time. But it'a also kinda...  :Madonna047: 

Next...

Posted Image

#241 -- Let Down Your Guard

Average Score: 5.7

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@rol1974)

Lowest Scores: 2x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Not a great Bedtime Stories demo. I was expecting great things when I read the list of unreleased demos from this era, and none of them are that good. Especially this one. Bedtime Stories is for the better without this one in the tracklist.

Last one for today...

Posted Image

#240 -- Superpop

Average Score: 5.7

Highest Scores: 10x1 (@@rol1974)

Lowest Scores: 1x1 (@InfinityWithin)

SMGODDAMNH AT YALL LETTIN THIS SONG FLOP  :Madonna053:  :Madonna053:  :Madonna053:  :Madonna053: 

THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN ON THE OFFICIAL TRACKLIST AND Y'ALL KNOW IT

Anyways, it's a bumping song, not as great as all of COADF, but that's only because it's all so perfect. I listen to it all the time, and it's actually on my workout playlist. CAUSE I WANT TO REACH THE TOP LIKE THIS SONG SHOULD

Ok, comments? Concerns? Predictions?

BEST FRIEND is not bad at all, I really like it, its sad lyrics and its atmosphere, and I like the MDNA album ending with the line "It's so sad that it had to end". Pure genius!!

INCREDIBLE is not a good song, but its negative aspect (two songs put together) can also be seen as a positive aspect: when I first heard it I thought that this was a totally new direction for a pop song, to create a small "symphony" with different movements, which I never heard before but then found in other Justin Timberlake tracks.

STAY... I totally disagree! It's my favourite track from LAV, I don't know why, and I'm so sorry no instrumental karaoke track exist so I can't sing it :cry: Of course I would like to have Gambler included (and Warning Signs, why not??), but please don't take it away for me, take Shoo-be-doo instead!!

Best Friend is more mediocrity from the MDNA album but i think its better than stuff like IDGA and Superstar. But still pretty mediocre.

The MDNA Tour version was of course better... but it's not like it's a memorable moment on Madonna's career.

Surprised about Boum since its a lovely cover and her charm on it is so adorable.

Best Friend is more mediocrity from the MDNA album but i think its better than stuff like IDGA and Superstar. But still pretty mediocre.

The MDNA Tour version was of course better... but it's not like it's a memorable moment on Madonna's career.

Surprised about Boum since its a lovely cover and her charm on it is so adorable.

mee tooo thinkes :tongue:

Results recap so far:

Many THANKS to MeantToBeIconic for taking the time in compiling the results!!!

#240-#248 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=154441

240 – Superpop

241 -- Let Down Your Guard

242 -- I'm Going Bananas

243 – Stay

244 – Boum

245 -- Can't Stop

246 – Incredible

247 -- Best Friend

248 -- Love Makes the World Go Round

#249-#254  http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152962 

249 -- Autotune Baby

250 - Bang Bang Boom

251 -- Take It Back

252 -- Back That Up (Do It)

254 -- Ain't No Big Deal

254 -- Hey You

#255-#260 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152783 

255 -- Santa Baby

256 -- Shoo-Bee-Doo

257 -- Freedom (Bedtime Stories)

258 -- Take a Day

259 – Superstar

260 -- The Beat Is So Crazy (feat. Madonna)

#261-#265 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152511

261/262 -- Up Down Suite + Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix) 

263 -- Jimmy Jimmy

264 -- Cry Baby

265 -- Spanish Lesson

#266-#268 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=152155

266 -- Score

267 -- B-Day Song (feat. M.I.A.)

268 -- Did You Do It?