Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

3 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

There was early stage where she worked with A Price, Calvin Harris, Pet Shop Boys on material which they would later use on theirs (I'm not Alone, Revolver, Memories, Flashback, Meet me Halfway, Speakerphone were our finally Madonna songs before guetta , Harris and Kylie minogue used them on their projects in different formats ...which explains why she used some on her second leg of sticky and sweet your)

Thank you, interesting! Never heard about this.

12 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Hard Candy was originally going to be a world music focused album and also a lot more about feminism, determination, unity, fighting back 

There was early stage where she worked with A Price, Calvin Harris, Pet Shop Boys on material which they would later use on theirs (I'm not Alone, Revolver, Memories, Flashback, Meet me Halfway, Speakerphone were our finally Madonna songs before guetta , Harris and Kylie minogue used them on their projects in different formats ...which explains why she used some on her second leg of sticky and sweet your)

It was GIVE IT TO ME loosely as a concept and during the session that single was a huge Timberland hit a few months prior, so she wanted Candy Shop but that was a 50 Cent song, then Licorice was a working title before eventually Hard Candy 🍭 was settled on 

To date I'm gutted that Across THE SKY and LATTE and even ANIMAL weren't on the final tracklisting 

21e46074b1f221f11681daa5f67e2a5f.jpg

Amazing to read how one of your fav album was created..... How much things this album was near to become....

This is very interesting the whole hard candy album chapter, cause It´s like there was not a clear direction of what to do back then, unlike 2005 or 1998 when they knew what they went after, despite probably early stages of ROL or COADF were confusing too. But if you analyse the hard candy album, the boxing theme, the candy theme, the r and b theme, the urban theme, the campy style..i don´t know it´s like there´s no the coherence and unity of other albums of hers.  Despite I like the record as a pop dance one.

15 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Hard Candy was originally going to be a world music focused album and also a lot more about feminism, determination, unity, fighting back 

It was GIVE IT TO ME loosely as a concept and during the session that single was a huge Timberland hit a few months prior, so she wanted Candy Shop but that was a 50 Cent song, then Licorice was a working title before eventually Hard Candy 🍭 was settled on 

To date I'm gutted that Across THE SKY and LATTE and even ANIMAL weren't on the final tracklisting 

21e46074b1f221f11681daa5f67e2a5f.jpg

Ok, I need to ask the main thing at this point: do we know if original M demos exist of these early stage tracks? 

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

This is very interesting the whole hard candy album chapter, cause It´s like there was not a clear direction of what to do back then, unlike 2005 or 1998 when they knew what they went after, despite probably early stages of ROL or COADF were confusing too. But if you analyse the hard candy album, the boxing theme, the candy theme, the r and b theme, the urban theme, the campy style..i don´t know it´s like there´s no the coherence and unity of other albums of hers.  Despite I like the record as a pop dance one.

Well that year was a hell for M..... With the divorce.....

But even with all these themes and styles..... Is my fav album of her.... 

In the middle of an hell we have an amazing album.....

2008 is WILD be ause she had all that going on and yet she had a global number 1 album, sold 6 million copies, huge number 1 hit single and two top 10 too and record breaking world tour during all of the trains the media gave her 

It's crazy genuinely how she did it ... Like that must've been so brutal 

To add more sense to the album (after all the shit she went through) the track list shouldve been (in the middle part) switched around. After heartbeat.. Incredible then miles away then shes not me.. It wouldve told us fans that her marriage was fucked before it was announced. We got it anyway of course but wouldve made it into more of a between the lines storyline.  Hope I make any bonkers logic.  Dance 2 night after its well fuck you im off on tour have fun & make millions. 

PS Queen Mercy is in my name. :bothered:

It's unreal how hard candy was the divorce albums before it happened and Mdna who was billed as her divorce rsve album ...was actually her breakup from Jesus album maybe 

Thing is it'd not fully clear is it bless she did incredible full energy into her tours and visuals and things 

mdna-tour-book12.jpg

Edited by ChromaticanMondasia (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

It's unreal how hard candy was the divorce albums before it happened and Mdna who was billed as her divorce rsve album ...was actually her breakup from Jesus album maybe 

Thing is it'd not fully clear is it bless she did incredible full energy into her tours and visuals and things 

mdna-tour-book12.jpg

Yes hard candy was the divorce album...... But i find it amazing ..... She was living a hell and she give us another incredible  work.....

49 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

mdna-tour-book12.jpg

Well, I guess by late 2007 M was trying save whatever she had to Scotch Tape, otherwise Broken and The Beat Is So Crazy would be obviously included in HC tracklist. I guess this is the reason behind the inclusion of Spanish Lesson feat. Miles Away.

42 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

L U V it too @dave2290my lovely :-) you're so kind to me thank you 

And yes agreed it's scary what you can go through in life ...think we all know in various degrees and have to channel it somehow ...I think when HC came out people wanted another Confessions and when MDNA was about to come out people wanted a more serious emotional album like like a prayer ...but she did the opposite for both really 

Both extensions of Confessions in done ways but not in others too of course sometimes it hits right and other times not so much I just feel her heart wasn't in it with so much going on in her personal life at the time and the climate changing massively it became harder to set trends even then in early days of social media and things how quickly things escalated and shook up 

4 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

L U V it too @dave2290my lovely :-) you're so kind to me thank you 

And yes agreed it's scary what you can go through in life ...think we all know in various degrees and have to channel it somehow ...I think when HC came out people wanted another Confessions and when MDNA was about to come out people wanted a more serious emotional album like like a prayer ...but she did the opposite for both really 

Both extensions of Confessions in done ways but not in others too of course sometimes it hits right and other times not so much I just feel her heart wasn't in it with so much going on in her personal life at the time and the climate changing massively it became harder to set trends even then in early days of social media and things how quickly things escalated and shook up 

I love when a M album or song arrive,   ask myself why she write this song? What was happening in her life? A lot of singers do only pop music..... I love pop music....i adore  pop music..... But you can listen an album of some singers and know nothing about them.... M always write about her in her songs...... Her fears , her hopes, her relationship with god, about her broken heart....she always always write very deep songs..... And she's perfect to put together a more disco, celebration part of her and a most deep  one..... But at the end you know a bit more about her..... And i love it....