Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

3 minutes ago, dance2nite said:

What is a website code? Does this mean Australia is included in the itinerary? Thanks

Well that is what I couldn't figure out. It may just be the local ticket master site for those countries. They are English speaking countries (except for Colombia which confused me)

There is no information for any tour outside of the US. 

If anyone has a link to a different livenation Madonna page, I could rummage around. All those links are now blocked. Someone learned their lesson!

1 minute ago, anaglyphx said:

Well that is what I couldn't figure out. It may just be the local ticket master site for those countries. They are English speaking countries (except for Colombia which confused me)

There is no information for any tour outside of the US. 

If anyone has a link to a different livenation Madonna page, I could rummage around. All those links are now blocked. Someone learned their lesson!

Ok Thanks, keeping fingers crossed for Oz return if it's in theatres this time!

At the GLAAD awards she quotes James Baldwin "the price the audience has to pay is everything"

With these new ticket prices, she is not wrong. LOL.

MADONNA WILL  PERFORM INTIMATE SHOWS IN SUPPORT OF HER NEW ALBUM.

https://www.breatheheavy.com/madonna-madame-x-tour/?fbclid=IwAR2HiAG1OJk8uZA8XQAaXlbqqEz4cGihB6Q8AEEz6H85NWZ4YdrsIArY_BYO

Madame X is many things, and fans will get a chance to get familiar with Madonna’s new persona during the Madame X Tour, which she’ll reportedly announce on Monday (May 6).

Dates and venues began surfacing online ahead of schedule, and it appears Madonna is holding off on performing in arenas – instead, she’ll tout Madame X through theatre venues.

Some of the cities include mini residencies, including Brooklyn, Chicago and Los Angeles (see the dates below).

Ticket prices for select venues have also come to light. Prices range from $53 to VIP, which costs $2000.

Some fans are disappointed that it’s a battle to get a decent seat at an arena tour, so the chances of securing a spot at these smaller venues will be a blood bath.

My two cents is that it’s a welcome change of pace. Vegas residencies are popping up left and right, something Madonna will probably never agree to, so performing in smaller quarters for die-hards around the world is the best of both worlds.

My two cents is that we'll probably need more than two cents.

Tickets for the highest bidder says nothing about fandom and everything about wealth. Die hards will be seriously in debt or left out in the cold while high rolling corporates pop the corks.

That said, smaller venues does sound like a refreshing change - I just hope she combines with stadiums.

Small venues means she can walk around, like in tears of a clown. She wanted to walk amongst the tables. To go in to the crowd. Of course it was full of corporate a-holes and she hated it. There are of course fan club chances to maybe get closer or who knows, there could be more involvement on stage with fans.

We have no idea, and should remain open to anything. I can't imagine she would shit on her fans after all these years and she certainly won't be attracting younger ones with those prices. But yes, the rich people will be front and centre. Again, it's our fault. I flew from Tokyo to see her twice in London, that sends the message I am loaded. I'm not. I'm literally still in debt since Rebel Heart...I think many of us are.

Be more optimistic people, and if it does end up the fans get shit on then she deserves everything she gets. 

I love the concept of Madonna live in a theatre. A mix of MTV Unplugged / VH1 Storytellers with a greater sense of theatre and performance.

However, it’s almost as though the ticket prices do not matter because tickets for these venues will sell out in a nanosecond and will be glitched with website crashes, touts etc. Even if we decide to spend that amount of cash, getting tickets will still cause us heart attacks and likely end in disappointment ? 

I love the concept of Madonna live in a theatre. A mix of MTV Unplugged / VH1 Storytellers with a greater sense of theatre and performance.
However, it’s almost as though the ticket prices do not matter because tickets for these venues will sell out in a nanosecond and will be glitched with website crashes, touts etc. Even if we decide to spend that amount of cash, getting tickets will still cause us heart attacks and likely end in disappointment  

Now that I’ve had a day to process it, I’ve come to terms with a theater tour. I’m not happy about it but I’ve already accepted that I’m probably not going to be able to go (I’m glad the tea has been spilled otherwise I’d spend all Monday looking forward to the announcement only to experience heartbreak even more intense). The concept is exciting and the show has to be something special so I’m excited to see it on DVD in late 2021

12 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

(I’m glad the tea has been spilled otherwise I’d spend all Monday looking forward to the announcement only to experience heartbreak even more intense). 

Glad I could help! :tongue:

Ok, i'm calmer today. I understand and respect her choice of presenting her show however she wants to. I really hope i'll be able to see her in Spain or in Portugal tho. And if i can't, i hope lots of great recordings surface, at least!! XDDDDD So u rich bitches better stream and record everything XDDD

Anyway, i hope Europe comes on 2020 so i can save more money and then i'll see if i can afford it or not. And what if this is her last tour in a while? Who knows...

To be honest, i'm really excited she'll be on the road again soon, so cheers to that!!!.

5 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Genetal public and casual fans

Looking forward to experiencing the show together with a bunch of really dedicated fans for a change, instead of "general public" and "casual fans". I've had enough of those since my first M gig back in 2001 (and it's been quite a few!)

Yeah no general public nor casual fans.

But I see many old fans are not willing to spend so much money. They may end up in the last rows. And she'll just have the not-fan millionaires in the front.

It makes Cher's front row 600€ packages look cheap.

As for me, even if I may have the money, I would feel guilty to pay 2000€ for a concert.  What if something goes wrong ?

I feel it is a ethic problem.

Maybe more dates at a lower price, giving up for the first rows...

But she is alienating alot of fans with this tour. I have casual fans and non-fans that come with me to her tours and love it but they have said they don't want to go this time because of prices. Sorry but I do not think it is ok to lock out fans who want to see her in favour of only fans that can affotd huge prices or are lucky enough to get tickets. It is a bad move.