Future Lover

"Human Nature" Maxi available on streaming sites

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Well this narrative that she isn’t letting anyone do anything might not necessarily be true. She has tried to do anniversary box sets in the past but the label rejects them because she wants it done the best way possible, and that way is very expensive. This is why we got Remixed and Revisted instead of a twentieth anniversary box set. She’s also said she was trying to release a box set of all the tours including the missing ones around 2005, and in a Q&A in 2013 she said she was trying to find Blond Ambition in the archives to release it on DVD. So, I don’t think she’s as against these types of things as we think she is, I think it’s just, when she tries to do these things, her vision is too expensive and she probably just leaves it there. But my original question was, if she were to return to Warner, would there be more of a push for reissues from them? 

Well seeing that she would have a proper label contract with Warner, then yes, as I’m sure Warner could assemble a team to put together this kind of release.

Seeing as she only partnered with Interscope for a distribution deal and isn’t technically signed to a label, she doesn’t have anyone to manage and oversea these kind of projects. Guy O isn’t going to do it himself (if only! lol), and I doubt he’d ever put together a team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Well this narrative that she isn’t letting anyone do anything might not necessarily be true. She has tried to do anniversary box sets in the past but the label rejects them because she wants it done the best way possible, and that way is very expensive. This is why we got Remixed and Revisted instead of a twentieth anniversary box set. She’s also said she was trying to release a box set of all the tours including the missing ones around 2005, and in a Q&A in 2013 she said she was trying to find Blond Ambition in the archives to release it on DVD. So, I don’t think she’s as against these types of things as we think she is, I think it’s just, when she tries to do these things, her vision is too expensive and she probably just leaves it there. But my original question was, if she were to return to Warner, would there be more of a push for reissues from them? 

That’s so not true. 
most of her releases were done in a pretty basic way.
It’s clear that she’s not the type of artist who cares about these luxurious box sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

That’s so not true. 
most of her releases were done in a pretty basic way.
It’s clear that she’s not the type of artist who cares about these luxurious box sets.

Read what I wrote again. She has tried in the past to give us a huge box set but the plans all fell through due to the project being too expensive. The things that have been released are so cheap because that’s all Warner (or whoever) are willing to pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Read what I wrote again. She has tried in the past to give us a huge box set but the plans all fell through due to the project being too expensive. The things that have been released are so cheap because that’s all Warner (or whoever) are willing to pay. 

What box sets has she tried to do? The only one I know of is the one Careese was working on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Read what I wrote again. She has tried in the past to give us a huge box set but the plans all fell through due to the project being too expensive. The things that have been released are so cheap because that’s all Warner (or whoever) are willing to pay. 

Yes I read. But also in my opinion if that was the case those same standard would apply to her regular releases as well. 
As far as I know, the box set you mentioned was a project managed and spearheaded by Carersse Henry and Madonna didn’t care much for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Read what I wrote again. She has tried in the past to give us a huge box set but the plans all fell through due to the project being too expensive. The things that have been released are so cheap because that’s all Warner (or whoever) are willing to pay. 

i think that @Blue Jean@thegoldencalfand @deathproofhave said it best. you desperately want to think Madonna has had all these past plans for box sets, etc. much of what you are doing is assuming. we know Caresse Henry was working on a box set. obviously, that didnt pan out. i think Remix and Revisited was met to meet an obligation of a compilation with the record company. i truly believe Madonna holds the key to what is being released. even when she released GHV2 she admitted to not like doing Greatest Hits collections. but there must have been some sort of obligation with the record company. i am sure that is what Celebration was as well.

this idea that she will be better off with Warner is such a myth. many fans have conveniently forgotten that Madonna and Warners have been butting heads for years before she left them. i am sure it started before the Music album, but we all know she and the record company didnt agree on Amazing being a single. we all know she wanted Impressive Instant instead.  some say Warners was going to release it anyway with a live video from the tour. she obviously has a huge say in what is being released or they would have just released Amazing as rumored. i am betting that is what began a huge unraveling with the record company and her.  but none of us really know the real truth but it was obvious that the two had trouble for years. and Warners seemed to be less and less interested in promoting her as the years went on. 

so no, i dont think her signing back to Warners would guarantee all these re-releases, masters and boxsets you are hoping for.  i think it is really all in the hands of Madonna. i suspect she may give in to all these special releases if she is desperate for either nostalgic attention or money. i doubt it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

i think that @Blue Jean@thegoldencalfand @deathproofhave said it best. you desperately want to think Madonna has had all these past plans for box sets, etc. much of what you are doing is assuming. we know Caresse Henry was working on a box set. obviously, that didnt pan out. i think Remix and Revisited was met to meet an obligation of a compilation with the record company. i truly believe Madonna holds the key to what is being released. even when she released GHV2 she admitted to not like doing Greatest Hits collections.

It has nothing to do with me “desperately” wanting to think something. I’ve read elsewhere that she was the driving force behind the Caresse box set and wanted to release it as well, and she subsequently said in an interview with Attitude magazine that she wanted to release a box set of all her tours, and she later went on to say in 2013 that she was still looking at releasing Blond Ambition on DVD so no, It’s not just me assuming at all. Remixed and Revisited was released after the box set fell through. The original concept was for Stuart a Price to remaster everything on DVDA format. That is why a remastered version of Your Honesty is slapped onto the end of Remixed and Revisited. So this narrative she completely ignores her legacy or wants nothing to do with it doesn’t seem to be all that true. She has very clearly tried to do this sort of stuff in the past and plans fell through when it was too expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

It has nothing to do with me “desperately” wanting to think something. I’ve read elsewhere that she was the driving force behind the Caresse box set and wanted to release it as well, and she subsequently said in an interview with Attitude magazine that she wanted to release a box set of all her tours, and she later went on to say in 2013 that she was still looking at releasing Blond Ambition on DVD so no, It’s not just me assuming at all. Remixed and Revisited was released after the box set fell through. The original concept was for Stuart a Price to remaster everything on DVDA format. That is why a remastered version of Your Honesty is slapped onto the end of Remixed and Revisited. So this narrative she completely ignores her legacy or wants nothing to do with it doesn’t seem to be all that true. She has very clearly tried to do this sort of stuff in the past and plans fell through when it was too expensive. 

How long ago were all these plans though? 15 or more years ago? Even 2013 is not recent. And where did you get the info that it is “too expensive” to put together a box set? Did she say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

That's the thing. She never did.

Exactly.

I have to be honest and say I’m not super interested in it either. I would just like all the maxi-singles/remixes and concerts to be available on streaming services. I have given up hope they will put together a new version of BAT or The Virgin Tour but it would be good for the existing versions to be available officially.

Assuming unreleased songs are of a similar standard to those that have already leaked then I don’t see any great urgency for them to be released. Yes it is interesting to hear and there are a few gems but overall the best stuff made it onto the albums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

How long ago were all these plans though? 15 or more years ago? Even 2013 is not recent. And where did you get the info that it is “too expensive” to put together a box set? Did she say that?

 

9 minutes ago, deathproof said:

That's the thing. She never did.

If I am mistaken then I apologise but it seems a little random to just have Stuart remaster Your Honesty, a demo from 1994 and stick it on a useless EP? I’ve read on other forums and websites that they planned to release a box set in 2003 but it fell through for being too expensive. My point was just that all these supposedly cancelled projects or Madonna not finding Blond Ambition in the vaults suggests to me that she isn’t as ignorant towards her legacy as we may think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

 

If I am mistaken then I apologise but it seems a little random to just have Stuart remaster Your Honesty, a demo from 1994 and stick it on a useless EP? I’ve read on other forums and websites that they planned to release a box set in 2003 but it fell through for being too expensive. My point was just that all these supposedly cancelled projects or Madonna not finding Blond Ambition in the vaults suggests to me that she isn’t as ignorant towards her legacy as we may think. 

The box set was to have all albums remastered in 5.1 dvd audio (worked on by Stuart). It was going to include remixes, and unreleased songs. The release date was only ever mentioned as "end of 2003." The packaging design was going to be done by Kevin Reagan (ROL, Music, DWT, GHv2).

For some reason, the release was cancelled. Most likely due to the low sales of American Life. The majority of the content on R&R was going to be included in the boxset.

But you are right, Madonna isn't really "ignorant" towards her legacy. She has stated that she's open to the idea of these kind of projects.

In the end, Madonna didn't plan the boxset, it wasn't her idea. She doesn't plan or work on any of these kinds of projects. It's left up for someone else to come up and plan, as it always has been in the past. As it still stands, there's no one in her team that's doing that. So as of now......, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deathproof said:

 

In the end, Madonna didn't plan the boxset, it wasn't her idea. She doesn't plan or work on any of these kinds of projects. It's left up for someone else to come up and plan, as it always has been in the past. As it still stands, there's no one in her team that's doing that. So as of now......, yeah.

thank you. i keep reading from some fans that MADONNA said this and that and fans claiming she is behind all these projects when there is no evidence or her saying such.  i know many people keep saying Madonna said she was planning to release BA on DVD, but when?  maybe I am mistaken but i dont ever recall her saying so herself. i know her management has been questioned by fans and there has been vague responses but i dont recall Madonna ever saying she was planning to get it on DVD as @Nobody Knows Mekeeps insisting as well as her being behind Box set projects.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

thank you. i keep reading from some fans that MADONNA said this and that and fans claiming she is behind all these project when there is no evidence.  i know many people keep saying Madonna said she was planning to release BA on DVD, but when?  maybe I am mistaken but i dont ever recall her doing so. i know her management has been questioned by fans and there has vague responses but i dont recall Madonna ever saying she was planning to get it on DVD as @Nobody Knows Mekeeps insisting as well as her being behind Box set projects.

 

Okay, this is taken from the Q&A she did in 2013:

Q: Hi Madonna! When is Blond Ambition Tour coming to DVD?

A: when i can find the tapes in the archives

So it’s really not a reach that I’m saying she has tried to release the tour on DVD in the past, so this narrative that I’m just ‘insisting’ things with no proof can stop.
As for the box set, I said previously that was stuff I heard from other websites and forums, so I have no idea on the background behind that other than it got scrapped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

Okay, this is taken from the Q&A she did in 2013:

Q: Hi Madonna! When is Blond Ambition Tour coming to DVD?

A: when i can find the tapes in the archives

So it’s really not a reach that I’m saying she has tried to release the tour on DVD in the past, so this narrative that I’m just ‘insisting’ things with no proof can stop.
As for the box set, I said previously that was stuff I heard from other websites and forums, so I have no idea on the background behind that other than it got scrapped. 

But that’s still a pretty vague response. And that was 2013. It’s now 2020. And still nothing. We’re not saying she never acknowledge it. We’re just talking about concrete statements from her mouth. Looking at the things she said in the past, it was never a “no,” just more or less a “but.”

Look at what she said in her 2005 Attitude interview:

There are rumors there is going to be a massive Madonna box set of DVDs and things like the Blond Ambition concert which has never come out.

That we’re trying to do, eventually, somewhere down the line. And there’s the Re-Invention tour as well which was filmed separately to be released as a concert but contractual i’m not allowed to release it until after the movie’s been out a certain period.

 

Its still rather vague.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

Okay, this is taken from the Q&A she did in 2013:

Q: Hi Madonna! When is Blond Ambition Tour coming to DVD?

A: when i can find the tapes in the archives

So it’s really not a reach that I’m saying she has tried to release the tour on DVD in the past, so this narrative that I’m just ‘insisting’ things with no proof can stop.
As for the box set, I said previously that was stuff I heard from other websites and forums, so I have no idea on the background behind that other than it got scrapped. 

hearsay from other sites doesnt make it true. but no one is denying a box set was being planned by her old manager, but it fell through for whatever reason. but you do keep adding certainties to your claims like it was dropped because it was "too expensive". no one really knows that for sure. but i am not saying it isnt a possible reason.

her response was quite vague about the Blonde Ambition DVD so i never took that as a confirmation it was coming. while it seems important to us, it probably isnt a priority really to her. she sees TOD a representation of the tour.  i know thats hard for us fans to grasp but its been 30 years. i am not holding on to the pipe dream its ever coming. it is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But that’s still a pretty vague response. And that was 2013. It’s now 2020. And still nothing. We’re not saying she never acknowledge it. We’re just talking about concrete statements from her mouth. Looking at the things she said in the past, it was never a “no,” just more or less a “but.”

Look at what she said in her 2005 Attitude interview:

There are rumors there is going to be a massive Madonna box set of DVDs and things like the Blond Ambition concert which has never come out.

That we’re trying to do, eventually, somewhere down the line. And there’s the Re-Invention tour as well which was filmed separately to be released as a concert but contractual i’m not allowed to release it until after the movie’s been out a certain period.

 

Its still rather vague.

 

My original point was that she isn’t as unreceptive towards past releases as some make out. No, none of the things she’s mentioned have happened, but she has clearly made some attempts in the past. That was just my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

you do keep adding certainties to your claims like it was dropped because it was "too expensive". no one really knows that for sure.

I already said earlier I wasn’t certain

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

 

If I am mistaken then I apologise but it seems a little random to just have Stuart remaster Your Honesty, a demo from 1994 and stick it on a useless EP? I’ve read on other forums and websites that they planned to release a box set in 2003 but it fell through for being too expensive. 

And yes, I agree with you that releasing a DVD for Blond Ambition isn’t a priority to her. I imagine it was a case of the Paris footage not being recovered and her just leaving it there. With the box sets, I’ve just heard speculation that they didn’t happen due to expenses and it just sounds like a reasonable explanation to me so I just agree with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

My original point was that she isn’t as unreceptive towards past releases as some make out. No, none of the things she’s mentioned have happened, but she has clearly made some attempts in the past. That was just my point.

she a sales person. she knows what to say to keep people anticipating. i dont think she ever rules anything out, but when she speaks of these things its a mere thought and something that isnt planted in her mind that she must do. many fans look at what isnt available differently. of course we all want it, but Madonna has had a vast career and what seems important to us isnt as important to her. i dont see that as a bad thing on her, but she isnt fixated on these things as some fans are. if you think from her perspective that trying to release every little thing she has done whether finished or not seems insane to her.  its like asking a painter to show an unfinished work that he or she may not be happy with. i realize that some of what we are talking about like the BAT isnt unfinished but from her perspective shes already released a huge film on that tour. i can understand that she feels like she represented that tour very well to the public. so releasing the BAT on DVD isnt a priority especially when various shows are on the internet easily viewed. it may not be up to the quality we want but again its not a priority to her when you look at the vast big picture... her career.

besides shes always looked ahead more than back, so i expect this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s always seemed clear to me that there is one particularly obvious mindset that rules Madonna’s intellectual property: legacy products hinder current projects from a commercial perspective, and distract from the her evolutionary artistic vision . I think that has always been the attitude Madonna has taken regarding retrospective releases. Add to that the simple and unfortunate fact that sales of physical and digital content have dwindled over the past decade or so, and you quickly understand why these projects never came to fruition. It’s true that it can seem like Madonna has total disregard for her commercial legacy, but as with everything, there is a paradoxical element to her reasoning, and this is something we will never be able to understand without her explaining herself and the circumstances of contractual fulfillment. The likelihood of that ever happening is practically nil as she also fiercely guards her privacy in matters related to personal and business finances. 
 

If you consider artists like Barbra Streisand who have always maintained a strong core fanbase, you can also see where the reasoning behind the withholding of rare and unreleased material comes from. Her tv specials were highly sought after and were eventually released on DVD, the favored format at the time, in 2005; that’s over 40 years into her recording career. These concerts and tv specials were then added to Netflix as part of an exclusive deal in 2018, but frustratingly removed a year later! In other words, business is far more complicated than artistry, which is why to conflate the two inevitably leads to further head scratching! 
 

It’s also worth noting that much of the fan frustration is based upon expectation and fantasy...For example, there is a specific version of the Blond Ambition Tour that they want to see released; the Paris footage from Truth or Dare. However, the product is commercially available in other formats in some markets, and has been for years in a variety of markets with different copyright laws. A quick visit to YouTube also shows that Madonna has no problem with multiple recordings of that tour being available to stream at no cost whatsoever. Whether it has anything to do with distribution rights or a lack of desire to play wack-a-mole remains to be seen. This also applies to unreleased music. When you’ve been the victim of sabotage and theft to the degree that Madonna has, is it any wonder that she doesn’t care about giving her fans “Warning Signs”?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.