Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, they are the edit points. I know what you mean. But I don’t see the problem. They are like all the thousands of album edits made to be played on radio stations. I thought it was worse (cut voices, double kicks). Obviously they weren't made with the stems, just "cut and paste".

Cool

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

I very much doubt they took the effort to reconstruct anything mark by mark and doing it perfectly.

I mean, the last time they tried to reconstruct something we got... this:

And this:

And this!

It "Lucky Star" 7'' Edit sounds like the original, it's the original from one of the sources remastered and that's it.

Those edits were terrible and butchered.

Lucky Star released today sounds to me like the original edit and perfect to my ears 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

If the edit points match perfectly it means it’s the original. Nobody at Rhino would spend the time to perfectly match it.

Not necessarily. But you have a point.

5 hours ago, Harry X said:

maybe the fade-out originally was done during the mastering phase and they just remastered an unmastered tape and did the fade-out

That is possible -- that the single was faded on the fly while the 45 was being mastered, and then the fade would only be on the cutting master (a backup tape dub made during the disc cutting process so the necessary EQ adjustments to get it sounding good on vinyl would not have to be redone on future pressings).  I've wondered if that's what happened with the digital version of "Holiday," as it has a longer fade. 

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

So what version is on Spotify! Is it from It's That Girl cassette?

Like @Would You Like To Try said, it's from Celebration. Somewhere in this very thread there's a whole discussion listing all the "Borderline" versions if you have the time to look through all 300+ pages :)

42 minutes ago, scamper said:

I've made the rip of the "Like a virgin" US CD and I've uploaded it to mega. Do you know if I can share it on the adio section?

If not, I can't send you the link by private message (same for the ones who want it)

It's an official release so you can't upload it here but you can PM me. :D

18 hours ago, Roy said:

Holiday has that sloppy edit during the instrumental break towards "Holiday... celebrate..."

Lucky Star has that breakdown cutting directly to "You may be my lucky star" because it cuts the echo from her singing "'cuz I know you're gonna make everything alright"

Everybody has that edit after the 3rd repetition of the chorus towards the instrumental break that cuts that pulsating synth.

Then again, it is how they are edited back then so I shouldn't be too critical of them.

I know that the original 7" mixes have their faults. That's actually the reason why I started making my own edits.

But I also "recreated" the 7" mixes of "Holiday" and "Lucky Star" to have them in near "perfect" conditions.

If they had the intention to release a greatest hits collection with the original 7" mixes in 1990, they could have recreated them at that point. But TIC was to become a GH collection with newly mixed versions.

2 hours ago, Holger said:

I know that the original 7" mixes have their faults. That's actually the reason why I started making my own edits.

But I also "recreated" the 7" mixes of "Holiday" and "Lucky Star" to have them in near "perfect" conditions.

If they had the intention to release a greatest hits collection with the original 7" mixes in 1990, they could have recreated them at that point. But TIC was to become a GH collection with newly mixed versions.

But still, even though I hate the sloppy edits, it actually shows how we are able to edit tracks better now compared to years ago.

7 hours ago, Frozen98 said:

In your opinion, what are the singles that we have got so far on streaming that are well done ( sound Wise etc) and which one are wrong ? ( I Heard borderline gambler are not well done) 

Thanks for your answers 

Best regards 

In general they're all good - except for the lack of some promo remixes on some bundles.

Only comes to mind:

- "Borderline": the 7'' Version is not the real one, but the "Celebration"/Alternate Q-Sound Mix version. Plus, the tags on Spotify are messed up (there are not tags).

- The remastering on "Everybody" and "Gambler" is a little bit too much and it distorts - but most people don't care/notice.

- The dates: most of the late 2022 and 2023 released singles have not been updated to their original dates so they show as recent when they're... not.

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

The dates: most of the late 2022 and 2023 released singles have not been updated to their original dates so they show as recent when they're... not.

But I suspect it hasn't been change in hopes to give them a bit more exposure.  I'm sure within time they will be changed. 

Like you, for the most part I'm happy with all the digital/streaming releases.  Much of the complaints are by fans who are very technical about things. Like you said, most anyone else doesn't care. :)

4 hours ago, tscott said:

But I suspect it hasn't been change in hopes to give them a bit more exposure.  I'm sure within time they will be changed. 

Like you, for the most part I'm happy with all the digital/streaming releases.  Much of the complaints are by fans who are very technical about things. Like you said, most anyone else doesn't care. :)

No, at this point is cause they don't care that much. I mean, "Bad Girl" was released in October last year. 10 months laters it still hasn't been changed.

I get that is not a priority for anyone involved, but it's the little details.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW