6 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Other artists commemorating the anniversaries of their albums:

cd_big.jpg

s-l500.jpg

3CDspreadbig.jpg

d1c36c95.jpeg

....Madonna commemorating the anniversaries of her albums:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvNVP16tVR6/

Both Kylie and Garbage have NOTHING new on it. People will loose their shit if Madonna would do a lavish boxset with stuff already released. 

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

Both Kylie and Garbage has NOTHING new on it. People will loose their shit if Madonna would do a lavish boxset with stuff already released. 

Exactly - and Cher had nothing new on her's either - just remastered.

Agree, if M released this - the meltdowns omg lol

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Both Kylie and Garbage have NOTHING new on it. People will loose their shit if Madonna would do a lavish boxset with stuff already released. 

Do your homework, girlies!! The 3-disc 'BeautifulGarbage'  boxset includes the original 13-song album fully remastered; a second disc with B-sides and alternate versions (including six previously unreleased songs), and a third disc with rare remixes.  

While the Kylie boxset (she did that for her first four albums) indeed doesn't include anything new other than mixes and alternate versions, it does come with a DVD with the single's music videos, behind the scenes footage of thee making of said music videos, live performances related to the albums, a picture-disc, poster, and 48-page hardcover book where Kylie looks back and gives her insight on the albums and their recording, all presented in a deluxe box.

Cher's reissue is indeed more simple - a remaster and a bonus disc with remixes (Janet Jackson also did this for 1993's janet).

Having said all that, it's not even worth repeating that they're light years better than anything Madonna's ever done (and probably ever will do) to commemorate her catalogue, new stuff or not.

5 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Do your homework, girlies!! The 3-disc 'BeautifulGarbage'  boxset includes the original 13-song album fully remastered; a second disc with B-sides and alternate versions (including six previously unreleased songs), and a third disc with rare remixes.  

While the Kylie boxset (she did that for her first four albums) indeed doesn't include anything new other than mixes and alternate versions, it does come with a DVD with the single's music videos, behind the scenes footage of thee making of said music videos, live performances related to the albums, a picture-disc, poster, and 48-page hardcover book where Kylie looks back and gives her insight on the albums and their recording, all presented in a deluxe box.

Cher's reissue is indeed more simple - a remaster and a bonus disc with remixes (Janet Jackson also did this for 1993's janet).

Having said all that, it's not even worth repeating that they're light years better than anything Madonna's ever done (and probably ever will do) to commemorate her catalogue, new stuff or not.

The usul positive attitude. You all really don’t deserve a single thing.
Oh yes, forgot about the Beautiful Garbage 6 alternate versions (wow!). They only did it with that album, since for the first two they only did the b-side second disc and the remixes were digital only. 
 I have the Kylie reissues (something the record company did, as we saw what Kylie did with the Fever/Impossible Princess anniversary editions). Still nothing really new and still something Madonna fans will shit all over. 

8 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The usul positive attitude. You all really don’t deserve a single thing.
Oh yes, forgot about the Beautiful Garbage 6 alternate versions (wow!). They only did it with that album, since for the first two they only did the b-side second disc and the remixes were digital only. 
 I have the Kylie reissues (something the record company did, as we saw what Kylie did with the Fever/Impossible Princess anniversary editions). Still nothing really new and still something Madonna fans will shit all over. 

Fever and IP were very hard to get so just the fact that they were reissued was a big deal. Like if MDNA was reissued on color vinyl with a high quality lithograph or printed inner sleeves. I’d be so happy for it. 

I think Madonna fans would be pleased with a similar boxset as Price’s Diamonds And Pearls. But I doubt we’ll ever get such an expansive release from Madonna

54 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think Madonna fans would be pleased with a similar boxset as Price’s Diamonds And Pearls. But I doubt we’ll ever get such an expansive release from Madonna

We have to remember Prince was always in the recording studio.  He shelved a lot of material.  Madonna usually went in to record an album and used most if not all material recorded.  Madonna hardly has the amount of shelved material Prince has just with one project.

And I agree with @cosmic_systemif Madonna released expanded issues or box sets comparable to what some fans keep bringing up of other artists, they'd shit all over it.

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

So do we think we will be getting the Holiday single on streaming this week?
It was released on September 7, 1983…the anniversary is on Thursday.

The thing with "Holiday" is that there's nothing left that isn't released already on digital... but the original "7'' Edit", the one on "FEL" is a longer extended version.

We'll see.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

The thing with "Holiday" is that there's nothing left that isn't released already on digital... but the original "7'' Edit", the one on "FEL" is a longer extended version.

We'll see.

This is my thought.  Would be cool if they did something physical with this anniversary like they did with Everybody 40th.  I'd love to have a re-issue of this single on 12 inch as this is one I don't own.

On 9/3/2023 at 6:15 PM, cosmic_system said:

On 9/3/2023 at 6:17 PM, Jackie said:

What do y'all think you're getting 💀💀💀

16 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Fever and IP were very hard to get so just the fact that they were reissued was a big deal. Like if MDNA was reissued on color vinyl with a high quality lithograph or printed inner sleeves. I’d be so happy for it. 

Madonna has not even half the unreleased Stuff Prince had. And Prince would have never realeased this stuff if he was alive. The Purple Rain deluxe released by himself says is all. 
About Kylie, yes we were happy about the vinyl. But there are lots of unreleased stuff from the recording session, same for the other albums. 

On 9/4/2023 at 8:15 AM, cosmic_system said:

There wasn’t anything new to put on those Kylie box sets. So they’re perfect.

But it should be noted that Kylie did not put those together. Nor will she ever put anything that good together, mark my words. She is notorious for blocking the release of unreleased demos and things like that.

17 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

And Prince would have never realeased this stuff if he was alive. 

Exactly. He would probably have even cancelled the Purple Rain re-issue at the last minute. Then sued his fans for sharing a grainy video of him on YouTube to punish them further.

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. He would probably have even cancelled the Purple Rain re-issue at the last minute. Then sued his fans for sharing a grainy video of him on YouTube to punish them further.

Actually, while he was alive he only allowed Warner to release the original 9-track "Purple Rain" album remastered (in 2015). No b-sides, no bonus tracks, no unreleased material, nothing. That's why Warner held the release to try to convince him and in the end when he died they added everything they wanted and that's how the 2017 Expanded edition came to life.

The Spice Girls 25th anniversary album reissues are lackluster too, the first album has only one unreleased track (they have more in the vault) and the second zero, nothing, just live versions ripped from YouTube.

There are very good expanded editions out there but also terrible ones xd

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Actually, while he was alive he only allowed Warner to release the original 9-track "Purple Rain" album remastered (in 2015). No b-sides, no bonus tracks, no unreleased material, nothing. That's why Warner held the release to try to convince him and in the end when he died they added everything they wanted and that's how the 2017 Expanded edition came to life.

I thought he/warner originally announced a deluxe edition in 2014? Or did he can that?

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I thought he/warner originally announced a deluxe edition in 2014? Or did he can that?

He "came back" to Warner in 2014 for the "ART OFFICIAL AGE" album release and his new deal: all his Warner albums were now his own but exclusively licensed to Warner. Finally he had ownership of his Warner material, like he always wanted.

Part of the deal was releasing a Deluxe version of "Purple Rain" and that was announced in 2014 with the official press release of him back to Warner bla bla (similar to our infamous Madonna August 2021 one xd). Months later he delivered to them a 2015 Paisley Park remaster (not a good one, by the way, it's way too loud and compressed) of the 9-track album but that was it. Warner asked for more but he wouldn't do it.

That's why it was only released once he was dead. They put together his 2015 9-track album remaster with everything else they could use: b-sides, unreleased material, promo edits, extended remixes, etc. etc.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW