Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

53 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

So ‘Angel’ was released on 10th April, so I reckon we will get it next Wednesday. Let’s see. 

Well some people were so sure Live to Tell was coming, simply because of copyright tags!  :ahh:  So yeah, we'll see what happens.  I'm hoping!!  We're due for something. It's been "a minute" since I'll Remember has been released digitally and on streaming. :)

7 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

(Fake) 

"Angel" 

1.Angel (Extended Dance Remix) 

2.Into The Groove (Edit) 

#notsoon

I'm really curious if they will include ITG with Angel on Ditial and Streaming platforms.  I would think they would probably benefit in making a separate digital/streaming single for ITG.  Probably next spring? 

5 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Maybe the  Angel / Dress You Up / Like A Virgin and even Into The Groove & Crazy For You & Love Don't Live Here Anymore remixes will be held back til November for the LAV40 celebrations. Like the other Erotica singles were.

i don't think they follow anniversaries....... they have missed so many ......

So our belated Prince has a new B-side out from 2004 that was released on streaming today and displays in the "What's New" section but incredible remixes of I'll Remember don't count as What's New. This stuff is so weird to me, if it wasn't available previously it should be considered new. 

19 hours ago, steady75 said:

Actually I wouldn't mind a third pinned list at the top of the thread with the order and release date these digital singles came to be if someone unemployed could do that for us . Thanks

If you want, I can add that listed to the pinned post. Unfortunately, only one post can be pinned and not multiple ones.

27 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

If you want, I can add that listed to the pinned post. Unfortunately, only one post can be pinned and not multiple ones.

Oh there’s currently two x maybe it could be copy and pasted and added to one of the posts dunno.  Thanks tho. X

15 hours ago, survivalartist said:

So our belated Prince has a new B-side out from 2004 that was released on streaming today and displays in the "What's New" section but incredible remixes of I'll Remember don't count as What's New. This stuff is so weird to me, if it wasn't available previously it should be considered new. 

It’s a previously unreleased version so can be considered new/unreleased.

4 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

It’s a previously unreleased version so can be considered new/unreleased.

Yeah, I suspect this is probably the case here.   It's interesting though how we all individually access something like Spotify.  I never even pay attention to "what's new".  I usually do a direct search of an artist/band I want to hear and go from there.  :)

53 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Something M seems to be avoiding … and yet all people care about is an edit of ITG and LTT 🙄🫤

Babe go outside and touch some grass. The air up there in your sneery ivory tower will give you a nosebleed love x 

doesn’t it get exhausting looking down on people? Spread some love eh 

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Babe go outside and touch some grass. The air up there in your sneery ivory tower will give you a nosebleed love x 

Touch my grass, put me on the lawn

Wrestle me around, play with me some more

Touch my grass, throw me in the bushes 

I just wanna make you feel like you never did

18 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Something M seems to be avoiding … and yet all people care about is an edit of ITG and LTT 🙄🫤

Maybe it’s cause the priority at the moment is to make everything that has been released in the past available BEFORE releasing anything that was never considered good enough for a release.

I suppose it’s time for you to give it up and realize that it will take a lot of persuasion to convince a perfectionist like Madonna to put out anything unreleased.

On 4/4/2024 at 11:42 PM, Donna said:

You're probably right, but Into The Groove is such a huge hit. I'd think it would be smart to do something extra special for this release on digital/streaming platforms.  Also, it probably would make sense to do so next year when this song hits its 40th Anniversary.   And yes, I love this image (which was the back cover of the 12 inch of Angel). :)

Angel was out in 1985 as Into the groove so I wonder if they will wait for its anniversary next year too... who knows...  Material girl was instead on streaming earlier although out in January 1985... again weird strategy releases

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW