Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

During rehearsals for the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards, Spears played Madonna Me against the music and asked Madonna to do the song with her.

If Madonna wanted to, she would have turned it down or politely said no

After Madonna commented that she liked the track, Spears asked her to do the song with her. RedZone then handed "Me Against the Music" to Madonna, who arranged and recorded her vocal additions on her own, therefore making the song a duet.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110728091716/http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,491853,00.html

3 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

During rehearsals for the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards, Spears played Madonna Me against the music and asked Madonna to do the song with her.

If Madonna wanted to, she would have turned it down or politely said no

After Madonna commented that she liked the track, Spears asked her to do the song with her. RedZone then handed "Me Against the Music" to Madonna, who arranged and recorded her vocal additions on her own, therefore making the song a duet.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110728091716/http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,491853,00.html

That piece of garbage 🗑️ over Causing a Commotion or Spotlight is a crime. 

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

In the UK yes there’s a few top 40 number 2’s

Crazy For You

Holiday 

Borderline

Hanky Panky

Justify My Love

Ray Of Light 

Beautiful Stranger

American Life

Hollywood

Me Against The Music

loads of number 3’s too

I think they were referring to the US Club Dance Chart, but yeah definitely more on the other charts. :)

On 4/9/2024 at 10:07 PM, Prayer said:

No one knows why some are remasters and others are not, life is a mystery and these releases are too xd

I repeat myself but I'll always prefer the originals. The 2024 remaster of "Material Girl" is terrible, you can't ever hear the iconic slap sound there. The 2022 one on "Finally Enough Love" was good, though.

I was going to say you can hear it really quietly. I'm pretty sure its always been a tape pop/click. Because its not on the 12" mix or The Immaculate Collection version. But I don't mind it being there considering thats how its always been. And cool that they use it in the video too.

Also the 2024 one sounds a bit tinny?

The craziness around "Co-co-co mo-mo, co-co-co mo-mo, cum cum, commotion" is crazy. I adore it though. 

Why was Angel the only LAV single not remixed by Jellybean ? Is it because they broke up just  before its release ? Then why did he come back for Dress You Up ? Or Dress You Up was made earlier in the year than its release ? Meaning Angel wasn't the first choice for the 3rd single ? So when did they work on the Street Smarts track ? Before the Virgin Tour started did she abort Sean Penn, Jellybean or Kaipo Guerrero's spawn ? Will we ever hear Nile Rodger's LAV remix ? So many questions that i don't really care about though. Except the Working Your Finger To The Bone track. Leak it.

5 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

The craziness around "Co-co-co mo-mo, co-co-co mo-mo, cum cum, commotion" is crazy. I adore it though. 

Why was Angel the only LAV single not remixed by Jellybean ? Is it because they broke up just  before its release ? Then why did he come back for Dress You Up ? Or Dress You Up was made earlier in the year than its release ? Meaning Angel wasn't the first choice for the 3rd single ? So when did they work on the Street Smarts track ? Before the Virgin Tour started did she abort Sean Penn, Jellybean or Kaipo Guerrero's spawn ? Will we ever hear Nile Rodger's LAV remix ? So many questions that i don't really care about though. Except the Working Your Finger To The Bone track. Leak it.

Ohhhh yes!!!! Justice for working your finger to the bone!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Putting a Britney Peers song instead of a Madonna song is a complete sin. It was just to get sales from Peers fans. I also hate that Party Rock version of Gimmee All Your Luvn. 

Agree with everything you said. I can't get over Madonna replacing her own no.1 on Britney's favor and additionaly discarding more songs just to have round 50 number. 

3 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Can you name them? I wanna know if I listen to them.

Billboard US Dance #2's:

• Human Nature
  • Miles Away

US billboard Hot 100 #2's:

• Material Girl
  • Causing A Commotion
  • Express Yourself
  • Cherish
  • I'll Remember
  • Frozen

UK #2's:

• Holiday
  • Borderline
  • Crazy For You
  • Live To Tell
  • Hanky Panky
  • Justify My Love
  • Ray of Light
  • Beautiful Stranger
  • American Life
  • Hollywood
  • Me Against the Music

Info taken from Wikipedia Madonna Singles Discography

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I guess when "Crazy for you" was released Warnerd changed their plans the same way they did when they decided to release "Like a virgin" (the album) months later than what they wanted. Maybe "Dress you up" could be the third single or simply they thought on it as a single and the remixes were made before they have a clear the order of the singles. Or maybe it just happens that way because it was what they wanted to do... The Madonn/Like a virgin eras are full of misteries... and I love it

As far as what YCD or left out tracks belonged on FEL, they could have put one or two only on the 16 track version to offer some kind of exclusivity.

I like how it opens w/Everybody, being that it was her first single and first hit on the dance chart. It wasn’t a #1, but that version technically didn’t have a #1-referencing subtitle like the full version.

So for example have EB open the short version, and have PA be the track representing YCD’s place on the full version (along w/ITG edit, which is actually there representing A/ITG’s place).

Then they could’ve included CAC on the full version as well. That way each of the 50 #1s had a track representing it, and the 16 track version had an exclusive track. Hell, include Angel on the short one too so it had two.

And so as far as Into The Groove- the jazzed up version that’s remastered on Celebration was also on the yellow mid 90s cd single?

And this one we just got is the original 1985 single release and international Like A Virgin reissue album track?

You’ll have to forgive me, ITG in its non-remixed form was pretty elusive here in the states for many years. I had that cd single as an import at one point and remember thinking the Celebration version didn’t sound that different.

I had an old Back-2-Back cassingle of ITG & DYU at one point in the early 90s too, god knows what was on that. I have the Angel 12” that I bought used around the same time but only played it a couple times.